Trending Content (see all)Replies
+100
To Biden or Not to Biden...That is the Question

bigboibernanke

Now that we've seen half of the candidates duke it out tonight, the NYT poses the question that has been on every Dem's mind for a while: <h4>Democrats Diverge on Economy and Immigration in First Debate</h4> Should Democrats rally behind Mr. Biden, a moderate who is...

+88
Has the CFA lost its value?

MrJack5

The other day I read an article from Bloomberg saying that this year a record number of candidates enrolled this June. Idk, but in my eyes when something becomes accessible to so many random people it losses its prestige. Over years I predict having the <abbr title="Chartered Financial...

+87
Is Finance Really this Lonely?

GenericNonTargetUsername

Excuse the rant, sometimes you have to air it out, and this place has made me who I am today, and I'm sure many individuals feel the same way I think. <h3>I sacrificed everything to break in</h3> I don't know where I went wrong, two years ago, when I had nothing and...

All Pods
All Events
Recently Active Topics
Replies
+3
Fed's Stress Test has nothing on Big Banks

charmingchimp

Finally, 34 firms have attained approval by the Federal Reserve for capital return plans. This is the first time that all the 'stress tested' banks passed the Fed's requirements. What does this mean? [quote] Big U.S. banks won approval from the Federal Reserve on Wednesday to return money to shareh...

+1
Career Coaching And How It Has Helped You

CentralBanker

Hello monkeys, I recently applied for an Investment Banking Career Coaching program that has plenty of mentees giving glowing recommendations, charges purely based on results (i.e. fees are paid only when you get the job), and is actually a former IBanker, so you know that this is the real thing an...

+1
Toastmasters?

ravk

I know investment banking requires very good oral and written communication skills. I'm part of an organization known as Toastmasters. Its essentially a club that meets once every week and members engage in a variety of speaking activities. Its fun and you can directly and indirectly improve speakin...

+1
Working abroad- how difficult?

greekmyth

How difficult would it be to work abroad after my mba program for a multinational company? Is it extremely difficult to get a Visa for South America/ Europe/Asia? Thanks....

+3
Here Are 5 Techniques To Help You Study Faster

GabeTheGreat

As a current University student, I could not tell you the amount of times I had to cram information for a quiz or an exam the following day. This article cites some tips to help you take in and absorb information more efficiently. Stop Saying Words In Your Head Some people try to "hear" words in...

+1
JPMorgan Just Had the Most Profitable Year in the History of Banking

CreditMunich

Jamie Dimon proved JPMorgan Chase & Co. doesn’t just rely on traders for profits. The bank earned $26.5 billion over the past 12 months, the most ever by any major U.S. bank. While trading results reported Friday were worse than analysts expected, second-quarter net income set a record and the co...

+2
Most unbelievable way to land a job in your field

iridescent007

Okay....location: west coast top 40 non target. I've heard from more than 3 people that... a staff working in one of the university's departments slept her way up (and the position is not that fancy) She also slept with quite a few students. Didn't get the chance to know her name though. ...

+1
Champions League Predictions?

CreditMadrid

Hello monkeys, The Champions League semifinals begin today with Real Madrid and Atletico facing each other today and Juventus and Monaco playing tomorrow. In my opinion, the Madrid derby will be a tight affair with Real Madrid beating Atletico 2-0. Imo the Monaco-Juventus game will be tight as wel...

+1
Amazon Is Becoming Bigger Search Engine Than Google

silverbuck898

According to a NYU professor, Amazon is becoming a bigger search engine than Google. Approximately 55% of all searches relating to shopping now begin on Amazon, bypassing Google. While I think Google still dominates Amazon in other search engine areas, I'm not surprised about the shopping. Personall...

+3
How to avoid gold diggers?

frensisturatello

Nowdays it seems like any asshol* is bragging on his instagram or facebook things he can't afford, such as 10 bottles of dom perignon/night, or the expensive boat trip, or the pic on the fast car on 10yrs lease, etc... Am I being paranoid if I try at all cost to hide my wealth and I don't want a w...

+1
Would you work in Dublin?

JTH

In light of Brexit, the London offices of banks will likely have a tougher time accessing the rest of Europe. As banks are now looking at other cities to put their main European offices, Dublin seems to be the first choice for BoA. [quote] Bank of America Corp. views Dublin as its default destinati...

+1
How to Inspire Your Team as A Leader

edwardsanford

Being a leader is one of the hardest roles to handle. The shoe may just seem to be too big to fill that some leaders choose to take it off of their feet. Pressure in handling the job and the weight of responsibility sometimes makes leaders oblivious of the things around them. As a result, communicat...

+1
Automated Webcam Interview

Pokemon Master

I have a F500 webcam interview coming up and I need some tips. There is a set amount of time per question, I don't know what the questions are until I start the interview, and there are no breaks or re-dos. I have a tough enough time preparing presentations to be exactly 3 minutes (or whatever the ...

+1
WSO Community Resource list

Name Of Profit

So, I thought that I can spare new users from making new threads regarding what kind of sites they should visit and study from as well as where they can get resources to study for. Anyone is free to add sites and other stuff to this list, just reply in the thread and i'll add your suggestion and you...

+1
Marketing Major

Husky32

I was sold on finance/accounting from the start and so I have a great understanding of the entry level opps/career progression of these fields, but wanted to learn more about the exit opps for kids who graduate with a marketing degree. To be honest I don't know of a single marketing major going into...

+1
Dealing with (my own) type A personality

steelman2010

Many people think that I am too intense and I get too stressed out over little/trivial things. It's just my nature that I will go through whatever lengths to make my final results perfect. From what I understand, this type of personality is best for IBD or s&t. But maybe it's not for anything else. ...

Pages