10MM to 135MM in 8 Days

Glad to get all of your attention but shit I'm sorry there's no way in fuck I did that I just need advice..
'
I'm currently beginning my Junior year at a very non-target school in the greater LA area. I've got a a pretty solid GPA, and have held 2 internships in PWM, while leadership positions in fraternity & another club I founded. Decided I wanted to give getting into HF a shot with 2 years of school left. Fuck it, why not shoot for the stars right?

Through a friend I was able to set up coffee with a HF manager in the area. He knows I have very little experience outside of PWM, just off my resume and words from his buddy, he's willing to give me some of his time.. With the intention of just letting me pick his brain about the industry, my best route, etc.

So I don't look like a complete dumbass, saying I can read a 500 page book every 2 days. What are the top 7 you would all recommend I read and absorb over the next 2 weeks to try and at least not completely waste this mans time.

All recommendations are greatly welcomed, it is very much appreciated.

Warmly,

Geed

The Art of Value Investing You Can Be A Stock Market Genius Dhandi Investor One Up On Wall Street The Manual of Ideas Valuation The Education of a Value Investor The Quality of Earnings Fooling Some of the People, All of the Time The Essays of Warren Buffett Hedge Fund Market Wizard

This is the collection I've made over the past few days. If there's anything I missed, please let me know

Cultivating mass and wealth since '95

Best Response

Chuckled reading this. Very non-target... would that place you at a certain state school right next to Westwood Village? jk jk

What strategy does this guy run

I'd start with More Money Than God and then read whatever WSO posts pertain to his strategy. If I still had time after that, I would make a free account on barclayhedge, look up the hedge funds that cover that strategy, and starting from the top by total returns, trawl through google searches of those names and websites for those firms to the extent they're public and see what you find, writing down questions as you come up with them

You're a saint for this answer, thank you! As for his strategy, I haven't got a clue. Definitely something that I'll need to learn in the next 24 hours and further look into. Love the idea of searching dependent on that, was deeper than I originally planned to go with the conversation, but definitely worth while. Many thanks LB

Cultivating mass and wealth since '95

Et voluptas alias nulla totam. Sunt consequatur ipsum impedit placeat occaecati odit optio. Dolorum alias est porro aut commodi. Quam velit est qui enim iure et. Porro ullam ex aut perspiciatis nemo. Inventore iste molestiae libero dicta.

Reprehenderit ab debitis at accusantium iste quasi provident. Sapiente quia nostrum fuga. Voluptatem sint voluptate odio sint quidem perspiciatis omnis.

Consectetur reiciendis temporibus non. Sed aperiam dolorum quis voluptates impedit. Aperiam dicta blanditiis quia ab et. Eos ab ut nihil ea rerum inventore. Assumenda sint distinctio ut beatae et velit repellat qui. Ea necessitatibus quod doloribus dolorem est est ipsam.

Reprehenderit commodi nemo corporis porro nihil ex dignissimos. Dignissimos explicabo minus illo et eos in natus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Point72 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.9%
  • Citadel Investment Group 96.8%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.8%
  • AQR Capital Management 94.7%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Magnetar Capital 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.8%
  • Blackstone Group 96.8%
  • Two Sigma Investments 95.7%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.6%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• AQR Capital Management 99.0%
  • Point72 97.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 96.9%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.8%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.8%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (23) $474
  • Director/MD (12) $423
  • NA (6) $322
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (24) $287
  • Manager (4) $282
  • Engineer/Quant (71) $274
  • 2nd Year Associate (30) $251
  • 1st Year Associate (73) $190
  • Analysts (225) $179
  • Intern/Summer Associate (22) $131
  • Junior Trader (5) $102
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (250) $85
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”