11/11/16 - WSO Weekly Wrap Up

In case you missed them, here're some of last week's most popular topics:

Official Election Results Thread
Post By @AndyLouis"

Trump is our new president, what are your thoughts? What does this mean for Wall Street?

How will the results of the election affect Wall Street and the overall economy?
Post By @StreetofBulls"

How will a Trump presidency affect the markets and Wall Street?

How To Deal With Anxiety - And Use It To Your Advantage
Post By @geoffblades"

Everyone deals with anxiety to one degree or another. Some of us squash it down, some of us develop coping strategies, but nonetheless all of us know that gnawing feeling in the pit of our stomachs; that sense that things could go wrong.

Shut. The F*ck. Up.
Post By @The Uncontortionist"

I abhor both candidates who captivated the nation on Tuesday evening. Their bizarre efforts over the past year made our country look really bad.

In Defense of Political In-Correctness
Post By @The Uncontortionist"

I contend that the entire Trump phenomenon (his popularity, winning the primary, and now closing the gap between himself and Hillary Clinton for the presidential election) is due to an ever-increasing sense of stifling political correctness that is destroying manhood, and as a result, womanhood.

How Did Trump Win?
Post By @geoffblades"

People fail to see the true nature of the game. If you never bothered to ask how Barack Obama won the Presidential election, you will never understand how Trump won this election. Hillary, on the other hand, knew nothing about people's pain. She basically spat in the face of every person in America who felt like they were losing.

America: We Had A Good Run
Post By @Eddie Braverman"

I can remember being excited to vote. No, seriously. I was actually excited to vote for Bush the Elder back in 1988. And I was never more excited to vote than I was for Perot in 1992. But that was the last time I was excited to vote for someone to become our nation's President.

USA: 50 Things I Miss & Love
Post By @AndyLouis"

I am from Seattle. I have lived outside the US since 2010, travelling all over the world. I lived 4.5 years in South America (Buenos Aires to be exact), and these are the things I miss and love about the US. Feel free to add your own.

University of Miami (FL) MBA: The Rundown
Post By @Let Me Know"

I find WSO to be incredibly helpful but I noticed that there is limited information out there on MBA programs not within the top 25. I thought I would put something together for UM's FT MBA program. Hopefully this will be helpful for anyone considering whether they should come here.

Q&A - Current Analyst at $20bn Hedge FoF
Post By @The Stranger"

There seems to be a dearth of information about Fund-of-Funds (FoF) on WSO. I am happy to answer questions about how to transition from other parts of finance to FoF, what the work is like, or whatever might be interesting to you

Q&A: Internal Pharma M&A Group ($10B+)
Post By @pthrowaway"

I work on the internal M&A team for a large Pharmaceutical company. My job generally involves acquisitions, in licensing, out licensing and distribution deals.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”