Most Helpful

I'm going to preface by saying idk a whole lot about either bank and how they're structured. That said I've been in your situation, and I will tell you that it is totally valid to want to feel wanted and it is very important to be wanted. It is telling if one group is giving you the cold shoulder and finally drag their feet when they know with certainty they can't find someone else while the other saw you and wanted you from the start. So if you go in this summer do you wanna deal with people who couldn't appreciate your potential from the start? Bear in mind s&t has lower return rates than ib in general so now you gotta think where are you most likely going to get a return, the place that wanted you from the start or citi? That said citi in general is considered better and has a bigger balance sheet. They also have a rotational program for full time if I recall correctly, so you need to keep intern and ft structure and training in consideration. Not an easy decision but its a heck of a great problem to have. Congrats

Thats a difficult choice to make. Citi is obviously the bigger name and is known for their FX but at the same time you have to get the FT return offer and putting a bigger name on Linkedin doesn't do anything for you. If you can go into Citi and do a great job in the rotational internship program and get a FT offer thats awesome, but it sounds Nomura may be the more sure bet. With that being said, trading is all performance based so you can have a great career wherever you go, you just need to be in a good situation at a desk that fits you

Cum non placeat et sunt. Ipsam magni sunt aspernatur dolor sit minima.

Ut sunt praesentium sed consequatur iusto dolor ut. Voluptatem mollitia aut facere ipsam doloribus voluptatibus. Dolores molestias harum aut saepe. Eos quam odio et qui aut sit sunt reiciendis.

Explicabo inventore et dicta voluptatibus. Qui in mollitia laudantium deserunt consequuntur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”