crosoclige

Pretty lame imo

Yeah for that much money it seems to need more of a ‘wow’ factor. I guess most of the money is in the view. The commission for Ryan Serhant to sell would be nice. If anything I think a foreign investor from Asia would be the most likely to buy. 

I would definitely be more partial to spending $50 - $60 million for a nice townhouse in Manhattan.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

I heard the building has all kinds of issues.. flooding, people getting stuck in elevators whenever there's a storm. I also hate heights so the thought of living on the 96th floor of a building that has mad issues sketches me out.

Views are indeed crazy but for $169m I'd rather own 5+ dope houses around the world (yes I get that whoever buys this probably already has that).

Yeah, NYT did a good expose on it. For all the engineering going into these things you're still building one of the most slender structures to heights only surpassed by a few buildings in China and Dubai (and now 111 West 57th and the Central Park Tower), there are going to be sway issues lol. I really wish it did work out tho, I like this kind of project. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/03/realestate/luxury-high-rise-432-park…

That tub is so small lol Just the thought of having to deal with ear pressure when going up to the 96th floor makes me uneasy. If I had that much money I would definitely not buy that shit. You'll eventually get bored of the view and have an existential crisis after realizing the type of homes you could have gotten for 169 mil.

Dream place would be to buy a townhouse in Greenwich Village around Washington Square Park and modernizing it. 

Yeah definitely - a nice terrace and outdoor space is where it’s at in NYC.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

I get the feeling these kinds of condos are priced this way specifically so that a buyer can brag about how much he/she spent on their home (or, more likely, 3rd or 4th home).  As in, the insane price is in and of itself being considered part of the "intrinsic" value of the asset.  Whoever buys this (assuming it is at ask) can shit all over the person who "only" spent $98mm on a condo.

Reeses

Yeah but Ken Griffen can shit all over the person who bought this condo because Ken paid like 200 mil for his place. It's not a game you can ever win. Which is why I refuse to play it.

OK?  And there is someone out there with a more expensive or elegant place than Ken Griffin has.  It's all relative.  And the person buying the $196mm home is going to be extremely close to the top of that ladder, even accounting for the super limited pool of people buying 8 or 9 figure homes.

And I feel pretty safe in assuming that you are not, and likely will never, be buying a $200mm+ apartment.... so it's a little weird of you to say you "refuse to play" a game to which you weren't even invited.

House in Hamptons on the beach - $20M (Estimate)

Townhouse in UES or another nice area - $50M (High end)

That leaves me with nearly $100M to play with. I could go out and pay all cash for one class A $100M multifamily building in a strong US city. Collect rents at a 4 cap. $4M a year in income. All assets would be paid off so never have to worry about debt either. This is my sound logic, which is why I can't afford this. This will probably go to some Russian Oligarch or Asian billionaire.

Array

Most Helpful

Honestly not to familiar with NYC RE, but a 4% cap on MF is pretty much the average for a nice Class A deal. This factors in all items including property taxes.

As for a Hamptons house and townhouse in UES, it all depends on the millage rate, but I don't imagine an effective tax rate greater than .9% of the market value. So based on my estimate you're looking at a $630K in property taxes on your two houses, but are collecting $4M (after all expenses) on the multifamily. Even after factoring other items like maintenance and insurance, you're looking at a net cash flow of $3M Pre-tax. Also your tax will be negligible since you're depreciation on the MF will be close to zeroing out your income taxes.You dont need to be a billionaire to live an amazing life of luxury. Again its all wishful thinking.

Array

Might be a silly question but doesn't taking the elevator to get to the top kind of take a while? And if it doesn't take a while, assuming the elevator literally shoots your ass up there like a rocket wouldn't that make your fuckin ears pop every time you left home and got back? 

... or for 170 mil is there some physics where that just doesn't happen lol

i live in on the ~80th floor of my apartment. Takes about 50 seconds to ascend in an elevator. The ear popping was an issue for like 2 days after I moved in, but you don't even notice it afterwards

Dolorem et ad dolorum numquam. Enim quidem et dolor aut iure. Aliquam ut ut eum ut. Molestiae nam cumque veniam quo consectetur velit.

Similique dignissimos at facere ullam. Et dignissimos repellat expedita saepe provident expedita inventore. Accusamus cumque aut dolorem quibusdam.

Laborum harum numquam velit ea inventore nihil. Facere rerum eos enim deserunt mollitia dolorum. Ut numquam sed delectus velit. Quia est quas soluta cupiditate fugit.

Accusantium voluptas voluptatem rerum quas at aliquam veritatis. Quis ut vel illum reiciendis dolorem ad quam. Reprehenderit natus eum occaecati fugiat esse odit quaerat quasi.

Corporis et voluptatem libero omnis vel. Animi corporis iste sint. Ipsum minima nihil delectus est harum expedita nihil. Earum magnam occaecati recusandae vero maxime sed.

Ea placeat iure fuga illum aspernatur nulla expedita. Ratione exercitationem nesciunt voluptatem incidunt. Perferendis numquam dignissimos omnis iusto.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”