2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan - 71K miles for $12,000

I am finally getting around to buying a new car.

Going on Consumer Reports used car buying list of best cars, I found a 2005 Infiniti G35 that I would be able to get for between $12K - $13K. Consumer Reports rates the 05 Infiniti G35 as a good bet car for the $14K - $16K price range. This car has 71,000 miles and no warranty.

I am wondering if any of you guys have experience with this car. How has the car been treating you. I would like to get 6+ years out of it without throwing a ton of money into repairs on it. Would you suggest an extended warranty?

Best Response
Nobama88:
pikachu:
please don't buy a g35 sedan

Please expand?

Please don't take advice from a guy named pikachu.

I bought an 2007 G35x Sedan last fall with 48K for around $20K (I think KBB was in the mid $20s). I love it. The AWD was nice in the winter, especially compared to my last vehicle. They gave it a makeover in 2007, so there a bit of a price jump between 06 and 07. There's a little more horsepower, the interior got a bit of an upgrade, and some of the computer systems are a little more advanced. I was looking at some of the 05 and 06 models as well, but sprung for the 07 when I was able to find something around my price range. It's a great car, and I get a lot of compliments based on the exterior and interior. I think for an entry-level luxury sedan, you can't beat it at the price. For something like a BMW or a Lexus, you're going to have to either drop some more coin or get one with a bit more wear and tear (i.e. repairs bills). Infiniti might not have the same cache, but they make damn good cars (this is my second Infiniti).

Edit: As someone suggested asking any owner about the $1,500 tires, I just got new ones for around $500, and that was before the discount.

2003 BMW 5 series M Sport, sick fuckin car and you'll love it.

Sam price range, more cache. Just make sure to get one whose cooling system (radiator, water pump etc.) has already been replaced.

i juts bought one of these (mine is 2000, but same platform) and love it.

Gotta disagree with he BMW recommendation. The hassel and cost of servicing a 2003 model could be a major pain. If I were you I'd compare agains't Acura and Lexus before pulling the trigger.

I have been looking at Lexus ES and Acrus based on consumer reports recommendations, but with those I would have a car payment. This seems like the best car I can get for $12K and under. I just really dont want a car payment. lol.

And 6 years would make this car 11 years old, which is what I have on my current car that I am trying to get rid of. If its anything like my car, it should hold up until 11 years old. Then its a good time to get rid of them.

That being said I may have to keep looking a bit more. We will see.

Nobama88:
I have been looking at Lexus ES and Acrus based on consumer reports recommendations, but with those I would have a car payment. This seems like the best car I can get for $12K and under. I just really dont want a car payment. lol.

And 6 years would make this car 11 years old, which is what I have on my current car that I am trying to get rid of. If its anything like my car, it should hold up until 11 years old. Then its a good time to get rid of them.

Looked at those as well. The Lexus ES just isn't as fun of a car to drive (the IS would be more comparable, but a little more expensive used). I don't think Acuras are quite as nice, and as I tall guy I don't get too much headroom in Acuras. I heard this may have been a problem in the earlier Gs, but I can only vouch for the 07 and newer models, where I have plenty of headroom.

Tar Heel Blue:
Nobama88:

Looked at those as well. The Lexus ES just isn't as fun of a car to drive (the IS would be more comparable, but a little more expensive used). I don't think Acuras are quite as nice, and as I tall guy I don't get too much headroom in Acuras. I heard this may have been a problem in the earlier Gs, but I can only vouch for the 07 and newer models, where I have plenty of headroom.

If you can get an ES in stick, definitely buy it.

Quidem quam unde et praesentium itaque totam quo voluptatem. Ipsam laudantium iure consequatur quia. Dolorum tempora dolores assumenda omnis.

Consequatur voluptas iusto voluptas amet aut. Ullam laudantium rem ipsa laudantium distinctio. Voluptatem ipsum natus voluptas adipisci nihil quia. Explicabo labore nam quo architecto. Et saepe non sit est libero cumque sint. Dolorum qui animi minima et incidunt dolor illum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”