2009...finally

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to say Happy New Year to the community. 2008 has been absolutely crazy and I am hoping 2009 won't be quite as bad (although I am not too optimistic).

Thank you to all the members that made 2008 an interesting year on WSO. We have made a lot of changes and improvements. I am more motivated than ever to make our community more entertaining and useful for all of the monkeys still left standing out there... so please feel free to suggest improvements or ideas on how we can grow the member base to improve the dialogue in the forums.

Thanks again for an "interesting" year.

-Patrick

Best Response

I think you need to reconsider some of the threads that get posted on the front page .... we need to move away from political issues and have some posts that have direct relations to the financial services industry in order to keep healthy discussions going on....and it doesn't hurt to have some lifestyles posts once a while

This is not an Obama forum..... whether there are pro/Obama posts or not, I don't think these posts need to get posted on the front page because first time visitors of this website will get misconceptions about the subjects that are covered in this website

http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/the-balkanization-of-the-us

http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/a-lesson-in-french-capitalism

These topics don't have any relationship to Obama at all nor they are related to the financial markets, even if they were pro-Obama posts, I will not like them either because I don't visit this website to get information and some opinions on Obama.

Just my 2 cents.... I can be totally wrong.

Other than that, thanks for all the efforts you put to keep this site growing and growing

Were there more visitors in 2008 than 2007?

ST2008, I agree there have been a few too many political posts for a Wall Street forum -- however, I think that was more a function of the fact that it was an election year and that government was so involved in various bailouts...and not an indication of what you should expect going forward.

some politics will undoubtedly flow into the discussion as members debate the Fed's, treasury or action taken by Congress, but I am also hoping we can keep finance and Wall Street at the center of the debate.

and yes, we had more visitors in 2008 than we did in 2007. We also nearly doubled the # of registered users from 10,000 to over 18,000. Hopefully we will hit the 20,000 registered user mark by the end of February with your help.

Thanks, Patrick

Fugit sapiente architecto delectus enim qui. Perferendis ipsum et iusto autem in molestiae illo. Amet laudantium neque vel ullam cupiditate enim. Rerum doloribus dolor dicta voluptas. Iusto et reprehenderit quas blanditiis repellat facere.

Voluptatem quisquam et qui deleniti. Et doloremque neque est ea molestias facere saepe ut. Rerum error qui voluptas atque repellat. Itaque temporibus est doloremque soluta consectetur. Sit occaecati qui et. Animi qui omnis modi assumenda nihil consequatur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”