2011 Schwesser Notes Now Or Wait For 2012 Version?

SDBall22's picture

I'm planning on sitting for CFA L1 in June 2012 after year 1 of B-School. I won't be able to register for the test until this July or get the new CBOK till then either. I want to start studying right now though. Does the test change that much (or at all) year over year? Should I just pick up the latest Schwesser notes right now and start hitting it for a few months before school starts? I was looking at the package that includes the notes, the cheat sheets w/ formulas and the practice questions. That should suffice right? No need for the ultra-premium $1300 package, correct? Thanks a lot guys!

Hedge Fund Interview Course

• 814 questions across 165 hedge funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
  • 11 Detailed Sample Pitches and 10+ hours of video.
  • Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring hedge fund professionals just like you.

Comments (8)

May 5, 2011

pm me

May 5, 2011

http://www.finquiz.com/cfa_level_1_curriculum_chan...
Not indicative of next year's changes but yeah.

If you have a year of studying ahead of you, you will destroy it as long as you are able to retain all the garbage you learn. One thing that really helped me was question bank software. Stall has PassMaster and Schweser has QBank. Getting used to question format is like half the exam.

May 9, 2011

Wait. You will have plenty of time to study as long as you are diligent about staying on track and not saving it all for the last minute. Enjoy the time off from studying for a few months.

Also, no need for the ultra-premium package.

Here are my key tips for studying:

http://www.lifeonthebuyside.com/cfa-studying-tips-...

May 10, 2011
jqbuyside:

Wait. You will have plenty of time to study as long as you are diligent about staying on track and not saving it all for the last minute. Enjoy the time off from studying for a few months.

Also, no need for the ultra-premium package.

Here are my key tips for studying:

http://www.lifeonthebuyside.com/cfa-studying-tips-...

Thanks, jq.

May 9, 2011

Why not take it in Dec? Too much work taking into account grad classes too?

Learn More

Side-by-side comparison of top modeling training courses + exclusive discount through WSO here.

May 10, 2011
R5A7B:

Why not take it in Dec? Too much work taking into account grad classes too?

I thought about December, it's not so much the classwork but the job searching that I think will take up too much time. I'm a career switcher, so September - November I will be constantly traveling to NY and Boston for meetings with alum. I will also be consumed with interview prepping through the inv. management club. I think that once I secure an internship I will be able to devote more time to studying.

May 9, 2012
studytoday:

contact me [email protected]
This Package is only $65.00 with shipping
Payment method is paypal It's more secure to buyer.
After a clear payments I'll ship the item within 24 hours and it 'll reach to you within 10-20 days, if you need more fast FedEx or DHL can be arranged but it'll cost extra money.If buy this at retail market this cost $330.00
Contact me Immediately if you like to buy.This is the most using tool set for CFA
Here cost is 88% off from the retail price

2011 Schweser CFA Level 1 Video Study Package
Included in the package:
2011 L1 Schweser Study Notes
2011 L1 Schweser Quick Sheet
2011 L1 Schweser Video Series 16 Videos in .avi format
2011 L1 Schweser Practice Exams 1 and 2
2011 L1 Schweser Qbank
2011 L1 Schweser Secret Sauce
2011 L1 Schweser MOCK Exams
2011 L1 Schweser Sample Exams
2011 L1 CFA Program Curriculum
you'll get 2 DVD's including 6GB

Schweser Video Classes - DVD

Video classes make it convenient for you to receive expert instruction anytime, anywhere, on the topic of your choice! Discover the relationship within the material and make connections beyond what you would by relying solely on reading the CFA curriculum.
SchweserNotes

This 5-volume set contains a complete analysis of all learning outcome statements, exam tips and strategies, end-of-reading concept checkers, end-of-topic self tests, formula sheets, plus an index
Schweser's QuickSheet

Easiest way to fast studying
SchweserPro(tm) QBank - Software

Reinforce your knowledge and understanding of the CFA curriculum with a powerful question bank that allows you

Practice Exams

Each exam mimics the length, format, and difficulty of the actual CFA Exam. To see how you scored and to compare your scores against other

Books are in ebooks/pdf format/
software /
vodeos

I am planning to give December 2012 Level 1......do u have notes available