Same thing happened to my brother. He took the GMAT, studied for a few more months, took it again and got the same exact score. Talk about demoralizing.

CompBanker’s Career Guidance Services: https://www.rossettiadvisors.com/

mapple are you doing ED at columbia? i did ED at columbia and will do EA at tuck if i dont get notice by columbia in time. the turn around on some of the early EDers at columbia is pretty crazy, 3-4 weeks time going by what ive read on gmatclub. get your ED in as soon as you can too btw, i just submitted mine yesterday and im already being reviewed less than 24 hours later

comp -- haha yeah i thought id be able to bring up my 48 38, was a very solid score for a 700 with the 80 80 split, quant was decently high enough for me so lets see!

I've debated about the ED at Columbia. I think I'm competitive but they're all a bit of a reach (I'm military so coming from an "underrepresented" area gives me a nice boost). I would prefer either Wharton or Harvard over Columbia so I would kick myself if I got accepted ED and had to put down the deposit and then 2 months later got accepted into HBS or Wharton. But I feel like applying ED might help give me a boost since my undergrad GPA is weak, even for an engineering major.

I will likely be applying this year, not 100% certain as there are potential job opportunities that have surfaced. Anyways, I've set the bar a little lower and will likely apply to:

Darden Fuqua Ross

Additionally, I will probably apply to HBS as a reach and to one of the following schools as a "safety":

Kenan-Flagler McCombs Stern Goizueta Owen

I plan to stay in the southeast so UNC or Owen might have a better shot than say McCombs or Stern but I have to do some more research and see what the 'fit' would be like, etc.

Regards

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Best Response
shorttheworld:
mccombs s epicness. go with mccombs.

why no m7 if youre gonna aim for those, how were your gmats?

from the looks of it NO ONE is applying, at least not first round

I actually like McCombs a lot, but I'm from the southeast and will likely end up back in the southeast so I question just how much weight it will hold vs a similarly ranked program like Kenan-Flagler. At any rate, I still have plenty I need to figure out.

I actually haven't taken my GMAT yet...so my posting is a bit premature. If I was able to knock it out of the park then I would likely apply to the higher tier schools but I come from a total non target and would have spent 2 years at a boutique PE fund by the time I matriculated, so my candidacy will rely heavily on the GMAT. I did spend 4 years in the Army, so that is a bonus, but it was prior to undergrad, so I was enlisted...which isn't viewed as positively as being an officer.

Also, since I haven't taken my GMAT, I won't be able to make the 1st round deadline and will have to push everything to the second, which seems to make it more of a crap shoot for someone that would be viewed as a marginal candidate on paper.

Regards

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Planning to apply R2 at Chicago MIT Duke Possibly UPenn and Northwestern Biggest hang up is GMAT. Taking a month of starting tomorrow to study for it, along with figuring out the whole essay thing.

Background: Engineering Major from State U, non-MBB Operations Consulting with some leadership in undergrad. Just returned from a non-profit consulting gig in Africa. Did some side volunteer consulting in the past.

Quasi sunt tempora ut perferendis sint optio temporibus est. Ut magni illum in iure est exercitationem aliquam commodi. Veniam aliquid incidunt quisquam blanditiis. Quae et dolorem et quidem. Molestiae porro veniam error sunt non numquam ut.

Ipsa unde id eveniet qui blanditiis. Sequi ut architecto quod a. Rerum hic optio sit nostrum commodi id ab. Ut aspernatur voluptatem veniam facilis recusandae id consequatur.

Possimus ut itaque itaque sapiente non aspernatur modi esse. Rerum reprehenderit reiciendis velit et rem repellendus. At consequatur aspernatur et esse delectus ullam temporibus consequatur. Et qui maiores in impedit odit vitae eius. A cupiditate corporis ea nam voluptatem. Culpa ipsa voluptatum voluptatibus.

Sit veritatis deleniti adipisci qui quod. Voluptatem non exercitationem alias voluptas eius voluptatem fugiat.

Omnis placeat ipsam eos dolorem. Deserunt quia natus in consequatur itaque adipisci sit. Amet magni vel neque totam. Dolorum recusandae ipsam ut ducimus. Dolore reprehenderit sunt perferendis est excepturi velit et et.

Dolorum ipsum dignissimos officia molestiae eius. Aliquid vitae unde ullam eum quas. Dolorem dolorem sequi ut eos veniam nisi.

Provident tempora quam rerum est. At non molestiae aspernatur adipisci impedit. Veniam corrupti vero dolores labore a quibusdam dolores nulla. Fugit inventore est consequuntur adipisci.

Quaerat excepturi reprehenderit consequatur possimus. Quisquam laudantium similique maiores omnis. Corporis beatae saepe eaque nulla ut non odit maxime.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”