Heard back today (good news!), but a whole lot of other West Coast people still haven't heard back yet - even those from my practice group that almost certainly will be making it to the next round. Probably no need to worry about it yet - notification should be coming soon and they are still holding 2nd rd interviews.

I got the survey 2 days before they called and reject me. So I was feeling that the survey won't be sent until the very end (end of all interview rounds, i.e. rejections at this stage).

Anyone heard of people trying to apply another year/another time? Is it common for people to keep trying?

interviewed at the NJ office for round 2 last week (cleared PST a few weeks before that). haven't heard anything back. some folks have started getting rejections though. don't like the wait! anyone else has any updates here?

Do you all know if APD final round interviews would be similar to Business Technology final round interviews? If so, any advice on what is different from the first round of cases to the second round?

Also - the comments I had based off my cases were mostly along the lines of, structure needs improvement. If anyone has any structures that has worked for them or how to better structure cases, I would appreciate it!

In the summer, I had friends who received the survey a few days (3-4) days after the interview and a rejection some 3-4 days after that. But that was for the summer internship. Not sure how the full time APD system works.

But would be curious if anyone has a clue... is there a fixed size for the 2015 APD class in mind? Or does McKinsey take in anyone who'll meet some... err. threshold?

Also, curious if anyone knows from previous years' experience (couldn't find in forums) if not hearing for a week means good or bad news (esp. when no survey's been sent)

And lastly, noticed that most ppl who heard back posted here around 6:30 - 7:30... is this correct?

(biting nails.... )

I got the survey after the second round and got an invitation to the final round about 2 days later. So getting the survey does not necessarily mean that you were rejected. I think the notification time also varies by region--some places have significantly faster turnaround than others, esp because they have to do office matches before they notify you.

I'm not sure about the threshold question, but I'm pretty sure the offices aren't "full" yet since we're still pretty early in the cycle.

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply from your experiences with McKinsey! Haven't heard anything back from them nor have I got any survey, so hope lives on :)

And I wish you the very best of luck bioscientist.

There is no threshold - they'll emphasize this a few times during interviews - they have a very specific bar; everyone who meets the bar will get an offer - could be 0, could be 100 in a given office

i interview at the NJ office Sept 17th for the second round...still havent heard back. anyone interviewed around the same time heard back yet?

I interviewed 2nd round on Sept 10th (midwest), got the survey the next day. But, I still haven't heard a decision yet. I emailed the recruiter and she said that some offices are still reviewing the files from the round 2 interview days. So, in my case it's taking over 2 weeks to decide. I guess it's unusual, but apparently possible to take so long.

i know of a rejection from then, no acceptances (rejection = interviewer said 'no', acceptance = chosen-office location needs to say 'yes'). I haven't heard anything myself either. I had the NJ interview that week itself. Let's see.

@threetwoone. tks for the detailed info.

In general the survey comes before the final round and does not depend on whether you are accepted or rejected.

notification of moving on to the final round usually takes 1-2 weeks; usually one of your interviewers from 2nd round calls you

the offer can come as early as a few hours after your final round; usually it's a phone call from one of the partners or APs who interviewed you

I'm technically an EP candidate too because I graduated last year. Did you apply with a referral? If so, ask your referrer to send a quick email to the recruiter. I applied in August and didn't hear anything until now because my referrer asked for me.

@"jai2112": Haven't heard back from NY office either

@everyone - has anyone heard of the NY office invites for the final round yet? Sure gets grimmer day by day... no acceptance, no rejection, i guess i am a 'maybe' candidate in the process.

Vero quaerat accusantium vero at qui. Nemo quasi velit laudantium perferendis maiores iste ratione. Voluptas eos sit qui veniam ipsam. Ea voluptate optio aut maxime officiis.

Iste ad animi temporibus nesciunt dolor. Laudantium sint laboriosam vero perferendis tempora. Repudiandae suscipit qui veniam dolorem est sed. Omnis excepturi eos ratione assumenda voluptatum ad ea debitis.

Omnis amet dolorem eum totam architecto sint velit. Iure corrupti doloribus culpa provident at repellendus aspernatur est.

Quae eos sint harum ut ex. Est consequuntur velit nam assumenda sapiente explicabo. Laboriosam atque quam ea cum aliquam reiciendis ut. Aliquid natus et mollitia quidem quidem in vitae voluptatum. Fuga ex enim quidem explicabo non architecto.

Unde corporis maxime possimus vel molestias. Ea repudiandae similique aut aliquam. Quod ut error temporibus laudantium error ipsum exercitationem dignissimos.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (100) $226
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • Senior Consultant (331) $130
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Consultant (587) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
  • Associate Consultant (166) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (188) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (552) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”