Pages

2017 APAC IBD Summer Analyst Interview Update

VanPro's picture

Does anyone know if Citi, BAML, DB, or GS has started sending out first round interview invitations? I know MS, JPM, and CS have, but I am not sure about the others.

Investment Banking Interview Course

• 7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
  • Technical, behavioral, networking, case videos, templates. All included.
  • Most comprehensive IB interview course in the world.

Comments (307)

Oct 20, 2016

Interested to know this too for both HK and SG offices.

Oct 20, 2016

interested. I'm at a target and I don't know anyone who's really done superdays for any of the banks above except for a girl who already has a JPM IB summer offer from this accelerated recruiting process.

Oct 20, 2016
newyorkerchimp:

interested. I'm at a target and I don't know anyone who's really done superdays for any of the banks above except for a girl who already has a JPM IB summer offer from this accelerated recruiting process.

Is this from JPM Asia Career Jumpstart? Also, which JPM office did she receive an IBD offer from?

Oct 21, 2016

When did y'all hear back from JPM about whether you've been selected for Asia Career Jumpstart. Got sent the link for the video interview, and never heard back. Event starts in 5 days, so I'm guessing its a goner... Or is it a 2 days in advance kind of notice?

Oct 21, 2016
ventus123:

When did y'all hear back from JPM about whether you've been selected for Asia Career Jumpstart. Got sent the link for the video interview, and never heard back. Event starts in 5 days, so I'm guessing its a goner... Or is it a 2 days in advance kind of notice?

When did you get the link and which Jumpstart are you doing? I haven't even got the link for the video interview which starts next Thursday. Am I fucked?

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Oct 21, 2016

London Markets. Got the link mid last week. I've not heard back since. So I guess I'm in a similar position?
IBD might be different...
You're doing the Oxford one?

Oct 21, 2016

No. NYC office.

Oct 23, 2016

Isn't the AJC for NYC over? I think its just the UK left now, no?

Oct 21, 2016

BAML and GS have not started interview process; Citi may have (depends on where you go to college I guess); DB, no clue.

Oct 21, 2016

Yeah, I think Citi also had a program at London or New York (cant remember which one) similar to JPM's jumpstart at late Sept, but I dont think a lot of ppl know about it.

Oct 22, 2016
VanPro:

Yeah, I think Citi also had a program at London or New York (cant remember which one) similar to JPM's jumpstart at late Sept, but I dont think a lot of ppl know about it.

Citi Asia is already in the process of final rounds for their accelerated process for IBD according to a close friend

Oct 22, 2016

How to apply for the accelerated process? I dont see it listed on Citi's career website tho?

Oct 23, 2016

Do you know how many ppl were selected for the final round?

Oct 23, 2016

And you mean the accelerated recruiting in New York or London?

Oct 23, 2016

Where can you apply for this? I'm interested about London.

Oct 23, 2016

You can't 'apply' for the accelerated process as they were invite-back interviews from networking sessions Citi Asia had hosted. My information is for London so New York might have a different process but Citi Asia IBD is definitely in final rounds although it was made very clear that this was for accelerated participants and not reflective of the general pool (i.e. the general pool has not started yet so don't worry)

Oct 21, 2016

Applied to SA at most banks and have only heard back from Nomura IBD Singapore so far.

Oct 27, 2016

Same here, got a call from Nomura IBD

Oct 27, 2016

may I ask when you guys applied?

Oct 28, 2016

I applied mid-october, if I remember correctly

Nov 26, 2016

Having my Nomura IBD "business interview" next week. Theyre short staffed, so its taking a while

Oct 22, 2016

Just throwing this to the info pool, in case it may be helpful to anyone: I'm at a target and someone I know got his offer for MS IBD in HK. I think this happened in the last couple of weeks, can't confirm exact timeline though.

Oct 23, 2016

CS has sent out their invitations?

Oct 23, 2016

CS has commenced interviews for overseas universities, for their Asia operations. Whether this is considered accelerated recruitment, I do not know. They should wrap up by mid-November, for IBD that is

Oct 23, 2016
ventus123:

CS has commenced interviews for overseas universities, for their Asia operations. Whether this is considered accelerated recruitment, I do not know. They should wrap up by mid-November, for IBD that is

Your info is partly right, although the wrapping up for IBD in Mid-Nov is only for the people who applied by the early deadline and there are still post-nov interviews for those who applied by the general november deadline.

Oct 26, 2016

Just confirmed their superday for accelerated process will happen on November 21st.

Oct 29, 2016

How to tell if the invite is for HK or SG office?

Oct 23, 2016

Emailed a recruiter from GS Hong Kong, said they'll only start reviewing resumes next week

Oct 23, 2016

MS HK has multiple resume drop deadlines this year and I believe some already received offers. I applied for the 2nd deadline and was notified that my 2nd round would take place this week, although I don't think I'll be doing the interview anyways..

Oct 23, 2016

Where do you find each resume drop deadline for MS? I applied in mid-sept, but havent heard anything back yet.

Oct 26, 2016

Cycle2 deadline was 9/12. Cycle3 hasn't started.

Oct 26, 2016

Are ppl of cycle 2 doing superday now or are cycle 2 ppl done?

Oct 27, 2016

Not done yet.

Oct 27, 2016

Did you end up doing the interview?

Oct 27, 2016

Yeah just for the fun of it. It was a 15-20 min skype interview with an associate and VP.

Oct 28, 2016

hahah what even?! I was just emailed to do 2x 30 mins interviews via phone...
Do you know if MS Asia holds their interns interviews individually for each country, or is it combined? i.e. Singapore & HK interviews get held together as one?

Oct 28, 2016

does anyone know if interviews for equities or fixed income is out for MS?

Oct 28, 2016
ventus123:

hahah what even?! I was just emailed to do 2x 30 mins interviews via phone...Do you know if MS Asia holds their interns interviews individually for each country, or is it combined? i.e. Singapore & HK interviews get held together as one?

Were your interviews for MS HK or SG?

Oct 28, 2016

I applied to Singapore and Hong Kong, but will be interviewing with people from just one country. It seems they classified everything under Asia. Another friend applied to one country, but will instead be interviewing with staff from the other country.

Oct 30, 2016

Can people clarify this? So are MS applications just classified under Asia, or can I assume that the fact that I have been reached out to by the Singapore office only means that the HK application went to shit...

Oct 23, 2016

MS gave out offers for HK at my target school in late September, but that was the accelerated process and they're sure to do a few more. Got an email from Barclays on Wednesday asking to set up a first round phone interview.

Oct 27, 2016

Singapore/HK? for Barclays, that is.

Oct 27, 2016

I got one for SG, applied for HK...

Oct 28, 2016

are you from a local school, or foreign?

Oct 28, 2016

Ah it was for Hong Kong.

Nov 1, 2016

Was it just one 30 min interview?

Nov 2, 2016

Got two for HK.

Nov 2, 2016

Good luck. I did mine, and was torn to shreds...

Nov 2, 2016

^ Same

Nov 2, 2016

Same for Barclays SG. Heads up guys.

Nov 2, 2016

MS SG/HK?

Nov 6, 2016

I think their recruiting is for asia in general. applied for both hk and bj and got 2 phone interviews from hk

Nov 26, 2016

Got sent a mass 2nd round interview (2nd one), finished last week. Literally got the email then interviewed 10 minutes later

Oct 25, 2016

Got an email from Nomura HK IBD for a first round this week.

Oct 30, 2016

Anyone apply for Credit Suisse's INSPIRE programme? Do you know what is it the purpose? Final round interviews, or?...

Oct 30, 2016

You received the invitation? Which division did you apply for? IBD?

Oct 30, 2016

No. I have not received an invitation yet. I have a feeling its primarily catered for those who passed all three interviews. I am doing all three of mine tomorrow, and am not confident of it at all... Just wondering what the rationale of it was.

Oct 30, 2016

Thx~ And when did you apply for the IBD summer analyst?

Oct 30, 2016

Early September. They urged all candidates to apply before September 20, only to inform local students that they would be interviewed in late October-November. Have you heard back from them?

Oct 30, 2016

Not yet. I applied in early Sep as well. The only thing that has happened is that there was an Asso in HK IBD that visited my Linkedin page two wks ago. I think I may fail the resume screening. Sad.

Oct 30, 2016

Just to add on, overseas students who applied by the early deadline were told by CS that they would have up to 28th of October to complete their first round phone interviews and that we would hear back on our progression to final round this week (i.e. first week of November for a final round in Mid Nov). Seems like they are really quick on the process this year.

Nov 9, 2016

Do you know if finalists have been announced?

Oct 30, 2016

Ahh, I applied to HK too, and have not heard back. Don't worry. HR mentioned to me that HR and SG are two separate processes. If you're in Singapore, you're interviews will only start around now. If you're overseas, well, I'm not too sure about Hong Kong, but it appears that Singapore has started.

Oct 31, 2016

Is the INSPIRE program for SG, HK, or APAC in general? Also not specified for the interview following the event.

Nov 1, 2016

APAC General. Its between IBD and Equities -- feel free to correct me if I am wrong here, folks.

Nov 7, 2016

Anyone hear back from INSPIRE? Heard that invitations have already been sent out.

Nov 8, 2016

Received invitation for NY two weeks ago

Nov 8, 2016

Do you/anyone know about London?

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Nov 2, 2016

has anyone heard back from GS apac?

Nov 5, 2016

anyone?

Nov 5, 2016

has GS HK IBD started first round interviews?

Nov 6, 2016

Yes i have hirevue due by early next week.

Nov 6, 2016

Are you from a target/local school?

Nov 6, 2016

May I ask when you submitted your application for GS?

Nov 6, 2016

the very last day. but it could have been the other 2 divisions and not IBD? I haven't done it yet.

Nov 6, 2016

ohh so the video interview does not specify which division it is for?

Nov 8, 2016

just finished doing the hirevue and i got 2 division specific questions (the 2 other divs i applied other than ibd). Hope that doesnt mean i got dinged but seems like its the case...

Nov 8, 2016

Seems like no IBD invites have been sent out so far..can people confirm this?

Nov 8, 2016

Got one IBD specific question.

Nov 9, 2016

Can you confirm when you got it and if it's for APAC region/US?

Nov 10, 2016

Received invite last week. HireVue was due earlier this week. It's for APAC of course..

Nov 10, 2016
AngelJGM:

Received invite last week. HireVue was due earlier this week. It's for APAC of course..

Is this for GS HK or SG in specific? Thanks.

Nov 10, 2016

Only applied to HK

Nov 10, 2016

I see. Are you at a target and is your school west/east coast/hk?

Nov 6, 2016

Hi, I wonder usually when the superdays will take place - mid jan? And you can choose the location for either hk or ny?
I need to plan my schedule cuz I'll be in china until Jan 16 ish I'll be flying to ny for school, but I haven't booked my tickets yet..Please help thanks guys!

Nov 6, 2016

Usually the superday would be in NYC at the very beginning of Jan or at the end of Dec

Dec 3, 2016

hi do you know if the AC will usually be only in NYC HK and BJ or will it be in London as well ?

Nov 6, 2016

Anyone hear from Citi (HK/SG), CS (HK), UBS (SG), Deutsche (SG)?

Nov 6, 2016

I got two phone interviews from Citi HK. CS HK has already sent out invitations for applicants who applied before Sep 20 (confirmed with HR). DB interviews will be sent out at the end of this month (confirmed with my friend in DB).

Nov 6, 2016

Is this for US/UK target schools, or also for local schools? I sent out my CS applications before the 20th, and got interviews for SG but not HK. Citi - I just heard about HK...
BAML?

Nov 6, 2016

you mean Citi? I'm not sure whether they are for target or not. But I guess there would be more invitations sent out given that they began to send invitations at the beginning of Dec last year. For CS, I do not know cuz I haven't receive anything yet. I think I failed CS.

It seems that BAML still does not start. The HR just sent the students in my school a reminder to submit and complete the online tests before Nov 5 (the deadline).

Nov 6, 2016

Yup, was wondering if anyone knew anything about Citi SG/HK. I applied to both, but did not hear back. I just heard from friends that they have started, and a whole group of them at a target school got interview invites...
BAML seems to be taking its time, but who cares if they give me something..

Nov 8, 2016

Not a target (though well known in HK apparently), just got first rounds for Citi HK

Nov 15, 2016

Anyone hear back from Citi Round 1?

Nov 15, 2016

Also waiting - let here knows if you hear back, thx!

Nov 16, 2016

Same. Apparently, Round II is next week... You know if anyone has heard back on whether we have progressed to Round II yet?

Nov 16, 2016

I did not know Round II is next week, but another of my friends has not heard back yet either... It is already Thurs HKT so don't know if that means dinged

Nov 16, 2016

Ill reach out tomorrow. I think there were like 12-15 first round interview slots. Yeah I heard that next rounds are next week.

Nov 16, 2016

What do you mean 12-15 first round interview slots? Don't they take on more interns than that?

Nov 16, 2016

Email: Hi im yr interviewer, here are 15 timeslots for u to pick.

Nov 18, 2016

Just got a round II, call with senior banker at Citi tomorrow. GL yall.

Nov 7, 2016

Anyone heard from UBS IBD HK?

Nov 9, 2016

Mass first round emails sent out.

Nov 9, 2016

Will they send more?

Nov 10, 2016

GG...i can't even get UBS? oh wait...i'm not even in a position to say this...

Nov 14, 2016

UBS is actually great in Asia lol - top 3 in M&A league tables. Got 2nd rounds, wasnt told whether they'd be other "waves"

Nov 26, 2016

superday/assessment center invites out.

Nov 7, 2016

Does anyone know what stage of the process MS is in?
Has batch 2 superday finished/batch 3 first rounds started?

Nov 7, 2016

batch 3. did first rounds already but i bombed them sadly

as far as i know, everyone that got first rounds in batch 3 should have been notified because they sent out a mass generic email about that

Nov 7, 2016

I see...guess I didn't get it then.
Do you know if the batch 2 superday is over as well? (asking for a friend)

Nov 9, 2016

Anyone heard back from UBS HK IBD?

Nov 9, 2016

Any info on the hiring situation for JPM and GS HK?

Nov 10, 2016

A lot of people already have SA offers from the JPM Asia career jump start program.

Nov 10, 2016

Have any local (Singaporean) students heard back from CS yet?

Nov 11, 2016

Nope not yet, haven't heard anything from them. You?

Nov 12, 2016

Nope. I thought we would be told by the end of last week... Guess we're not that lucky then?

Nov 14, 2016

Fingers crossed still... What do you have right now? I only had a call from Nomura lol

Nov 15, 2016

Done first rounds for JPM, MS, CS. Haven't heard back from MS and CS yet.

Nov 15, 2016

May I know when you finished first round for MS? I did mine on 11/8, but havent heard back from them either.

Nov 15, 2016

Maybe a week earlier. I was told Round II would commence in about 2 weeks, which should be either this week or next.

Nov 14, 2016

Has anyone received first round interviews from BAML HK IBD yet?

Nov 14, 2016

Nope. You know anyone who heard back yet?

Nov 14, 2016

No, and no one I know has received first round for DB either, not sure if this is reflective of the general pool tho, looking for confirmation.

Nov 14, 2016

BAML SG has sent out invitations though...

Nov 14, 2016

Do you know when BAML SG sent out the invitations?

Nov 14, 2016

Last week

Nov 14, 2016

Anyone hear back from UBS SA NYC superday 11/10 or 11/11 ?

Nov 14, 2016

Does anyone know which banks in HK are done with recruiting already?

Nov 15, 2016

Anyone heard back from GS or DB in their Singapore office for SA IBD?

Nov 15, 2016

Apparently, GS hirevue invites have gone out for IBD for SG.

Nov 15, 2016

What about IBD HK and IBD BJ?

Nov 15, 2016

No idea. I just heard from a friend. Quite bummed about it though...

Nov 15, 2016

One of my friends has done IBD BJ (he also applied to other locations)

Nov 15, 2016

is SG Lazard recruiting for summer?

Nov 16, 2016

Nope, i think they mostly offer off-cycle in sg

Nov 16, 2016

Has BAML HK sent out first round interview invites? Know that SG has but not sure abt HK

Nov 22, 2016

Yes, both last and this week

Nov 16, 2016

Does anyone know whether Barclays has called the second batch of first round interviews?

Nov 16, 2016

For SG? I heard from HR that it should be soon, but not sure what that means. Let me know if there is any insight?

Nov 16, 2016

Yeah for SG. Heard they have called early applicants 2 or 3 weeks back. But there should be second batch.

Nov 17, 2016

Did a second round with Barclays SG not too long ago.

Nov 18, 2016

May i know when did u get ur second round? did my first round a few weeks back but havent heard back since..

Nov 18, 2016

Also interested in this

Nov 19, 2016

Nov 10th. Amazed I passed lol. About a week after my first round.

Nov 16, 2016

Anyone done goldman hirevue for securities, hk/sg? Have you heard back after the interview?

Nov 16, 2016

Nope. Still waiting.

Nov 16, 2016

When did you finish the interview?

Nov 16, 2016

Sunday. Have they got back to candidates?

Nov 16, 2016

Not that I know of. I finished mine on Sunday as well.

Nov 29, 2016

Yeah GS Securities for HK just released for superday

Nov 17, 2016

Anyone got offer from HSBC hk?

Nov 17, 2016

my friend received just now.

Nov 17, 2016

Ah shit i didn't.. guess i was cut...

Nov 17, 2016

Anyone know which BB in APAC have had first round for S&T?

Nov 17, 2016

Friend having first round with Barcap SG tmr

Nov 17, 2016

I've done Nomura and goldman. Probably MS as well cos they rejected me for both fixed income and inst. equity without interview lol

Nov 17, 2016

Anyone receive first rounds from Deutsche SG, UBS SG, JPM SG/HK for IBD?

Nov 18, 2016

Any word from GS HK, BAML HK? Would be great to know where we stand at this time

Nov 18, 2016

Also interested in this

Nov 18, 2016

Was told BAML HK first rounds would start next week, though some have already been sent out (SG for example)

Nov 18, 2016

Friend got BAML HK first round yesterday... but hopefully they will send out more

Nov 20, 2016

Do you know if this is the whole lot, or if there are more on the way?

Nov 18, 2016

Anyone hear back from CS HK, besides the earlier applications?

Nov 19, 2016

superday is this sunday

Nov 19, 2016

Was this for early applicants?

Nov 22, 2016

Anyone heard back from CS superday last Sunday?

Nov 23, 2016

anyone? i waiting to know too...

Nov 23, 2016

Friend has done Round II for SG IBD already

Nov 19, 2016

Citi started first round.

Nov 19, 2016

Did round 2 interview last night.

Nov 19, 2016

Is it behavioral based? Or highly tech-based?

Nov 19, 2016

Depends on who you have, mine is more fit

Nov 20, 2016

You mean superday? As far as I know, they only have 2 rounds.

Nov 20, 2016

I was told by alum that there would be a superday for Citi in NY after this... not sure exactly.

Nov 28, 2016

Anyone receive invites for the superday in London?

Nov 28, 2016

Yup London and NY should have all been sent out.

Nov 19, 2016

Does anyone know if DB HK IBD has started giving out interview invitations?

Nov 22, 2016

anyone got a superday with barcap?

Nov 22, 2016

Where is this?

Nov 22, 2016

Interested as well... SG or HK?

Nov 22, 2016

HK IBD

Nov 22, 2016

Cheers mate, thanks for the update

Nov 22, 2016

FYI: JPM has started second round for some non-Jumpstart kids. US schools.

In exchange, can someone tell me if GS SEC or IBD HK has started second round (after the video interview) - asking for family.

Nov 22, 2016

Understand that this is banking but has anyone else done first round for Blackstone REPE HK?

Nov 22, 2016

is this for SA or FT?

Nov 23, 2016

sa

Nov 23, 2016

I did - have you heard back or know when we will be?

Nov 23, 2016

When did you do your first round? I did mine on Monday (11/21) and I haven't heard back.

Nov 24, 2016

Same. Let each other know if hear back!

Nov 22, 2016

Curious about HSBC SG, anyone has received offers or heard anything? AC has been sometime ago

Nov 22, 2016

Anyone still doing BAML SG IBD final round?

Nov 23, 2016

MS HK IBD Batch 3, what is everyone's progress?

Nov 23, 2016

Also bumping for DB and CS (regular round), if anyone has news...

Nov 23, 2016

One of my friend has received the 1st round for DB. For CS, the HR said they would send out invitations this wk or next wk.

Nov 24, 2016

Okay just got an ambiguous email from DB that presumably means waitlisted for 1st round. Bummer bummer bummer

Nov 23, 2016