2017 FT Roommate Thread

It may be too early to find a spot but it’s never too early to find roommates. I'm a work hard chill hard type of guy, so please only PM me if you're the type of person that doesn’t start a party at the house every time your Associate gives you some freedom. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate going hard but I’m not looking for people that do it every weekend. I’m a clean and respectful dude, looking for a couple people with the same mindset. If you are still looking, it'd be helpful to share the following information:

City: NYC
Preferred Areas: Fairly open as long as it's near a subway and at least a ~30min commute to FiDi
Start Date: August
Lease Start: Prefer mid-July/early August
Position: FT Analyst at BB
Total Roommates: 2-3
Your Gender: Male
Roommate Gender: Male
Budget: up to 1700 (lower is better)

PMd you but posting here for other people that are interested as well.

Also looking for roommates that appreciate calmness and sleep since I'm going into a tough group.

City: NYC Preferred Areas: Near Midtown, lower west side, hell's kitchen, etc. Looking for walking distance to bank. Start Date: Early July Lease Start: Prefer mid-July Position: FT IB Analyst at BB Total Roommates: 2-3 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: Male Budget: 2000 Contact: PM

Best Response

Not looking for a roommate, but work in real estate lending with a focus on the private RE owners/developers/operators who target the NYC market.

Just wanted to throw out some general knowledge that might be helpful when looking for an apartment in NYC:

Some may be familiar with this, but the multifamily market in NYC is reaching a tipping point on supply vs. demand. The Bank I work for is apprehensive to extend new credit multifamily properties as we are expecting a decline to hit rental rates. With that being said, here a few tips in navigating the market:

Don’t rush to sign a lease – rents are softening daily. That is not to say if you believe you have found a good deal to hold out, just don’t feel pressure to sign right away. Landlords and leasing agents are feeling a lot more pressure than you are right now. Don’t let brokers show you luxury rentals – if you are hunting for a luxury rental, a lot of them are being leased through the building’s office itself (meaning you will not have to pay a broker fee). Luxury rentals are being defined loosely as places with amenities, doormen, and elevators, not a walk-up. Push for rent concessions (months of free rent) – these are being offered at historic highs. The standard is one month free for every year a lease is signed (i.e. a 2 year lease agreement will have 2 months of free rent).

Realizing that this is a forum of prospective deal makers, play hard in this soft market when looking for an apartment to rent. There are plenty of weaknesses to exploit in this over supplied market.

If there are any non-roommate related questions feel free to reply/pm.

Pmd you both, but also posting for others interested as well. Im a work hard play hard guy, but enjoy peace and quite at night in hopes of actually getting the few hours of sleep we're granted per night. Please PM if interested in discussing further

City: NYC Preferred Areas: Fairly open, especially in midtown, murray hill Start Date: June Lease Start: Prefer mid-June/early July Position: FT Analyst at MM, midtown Total Roommates: 2-3 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: Male Budget: up to 2000 (lower is better) Contact: PM

Hey everyone, not sure if any of you are still looking but I'd love to get in on a place with one of you. I took a gap year between my junior and senior year, so i lost my nyc crew. I'm clean, quiet and am doing S&T, so my hours are likely 6am - 6pm give and take.

City: NYC Preferred Areas: anywhere 20-30 min from soho area, happy with midtown and lower Start Date: June Lease Start: Prefer mid-June Position: FT Analyst at BB Total Roommates: 2-3 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: Male Budget: 1800, can do 2000 but lower is better obviously. Contact: PM

I'm a work hard chill hard type of guy

"#1: 'Work hard, play hard' is the mantra of a drunk who doesn't work that hard." - GS Elevator

"He was an idiot! He was a bouncer who got his Series 7" - Josh Brown

City: Menlo Park Preferred Areas: anywhere around Menlo Park/Atherton/Palo Alto Start Date: June Lease Start: Prefer early June Position: Associate at VC Total Roommates: 1 or 2 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: Male Budget: 1500 - 2000 Contact: PM

Hey All, doubt Ill get any luck as I'm not seeing anyone from the UK on here but....

Work hard, play harder kind of person but clean and quiet :)

City: London Preferred Areas: Anywhere 30 mins to Bank (Closer the better - Angel/Dalston/Wapping/LDN Bridge???) Start Date: June Lease Start: June-Sept anytime I am flexible Position: FT Analyst at AM Total Roommates: Don't mind Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: Don't mind Budget:

City: Philadelphia Preferred Areas: Rittenhouse Square, Center City, Graduate Hospital (open to others though) Start Date: Mid-Sept Lease Start: End-August Position: FT Analyst, Accounting Firm Total Roommates: 2-3 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: Male Budget: up to 1300/person Contact: PM

City: Los Angeles Preferred Areas: Any of the beach cities, but also open to a tiny bit in-land Start Date: Late May Lease Start: Mid to Late May Position: Defense Contractor Total Roommates: Don't mind Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: Don't mind Budget: $1700 and below is preferable Contact: PM

City: Los Angeles Preferred Areas: Orange County: Newport/Costa Mesa Start Date: Mid June Lease Start: Mid June Position: 1st Year Investment Banking Analyst Total Roommates: 1-3 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: Male Budget: $1500 and below each Contact: PM

Work hard, but enjoy a good laugh and a night out here and then. Chill, relatively quiet and clean. Was going to live on my own, but it'd be great to live with 1/2 roommates that I can shoot the shit with whenever I do get some downtime. :)

City: London Preferred Areas: Anywhere relatively close to Canary Wharf (ideally BB Total Roommates: 2/3 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: Male Budget:

1st Team All-State Lax, Top-Tier Fraternity Kaiser with a record setting 27 handjobs received freshman year.

Name: Eugene Beansworth IV City: Greenwich, CT Preferred Areas: Anywhere, like literally, the world is my oyester bro Job: None Trust Fun Maturity Date: 04/17/2020 Total Roommates: 2/3, as long as their not gay. Gender: Male Budget: Whats that? Contact: Homing Pidgeon to my estate in East Hampton.

Eh why not:

City: NYC Preferred Areas: By a subway stop, don't care. Start Date: June, Lease Start: Dec. Want to wait to save $ (I'm native NYer) Position: FT Analyst at MM Total Roommates: 2/3 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: Male Budget:

Already have an apt. Roommate is moving out June 1st. Looking to fill their spot.

City: NYC Location: West Village 5/10 minute from BDFM and 1 trains Lease Start: June 1st. Possibility to move in as late as July but looking into this. Position: A-to-A Associate at BB Total Roommates: Apartment fits two. Looking for one roommate Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: Male / Female Budget: Apt cost $2350 Contact: PM

Post with more detail can be found here:

https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/room-available-june-1st-west-vil…

Incoming FT Analyst working in Manhattan. Just putting a feeler out there for the NYC market. Would prefer to live Midtown or below. Kips Bay/Murray Hill wouldn't be a bad location.

City: NYC Location: see above Lease Start: Looking for a June or July lease start - existing leases are also an option Position: FT Analyst Total Roommates: 1-3 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: Male / Female Budget: Preferably $1800 or below Contact: PM/post

London has a lot of pockets that are affordable, and not affordable. It really depends if you need to live close to work or not. GBP800-1000 is very tough to find if you're working in Mayfair/St.Johns, but you might be able to swing it if it's a tiny room in a shared flat. Any half decent studio/1BR is north of GBP1100-1300 which is $1415+.

If you work out in Canary Wharf, you can practically get a brand new apartment rental at GBP1000 and other cheaper options within a decent commuting distance.

London also doesn't have the scale of apartments that NYC has, downtown at least - they all seem to be clustered on the east end around London City Airport and Canary Wharf. Density and historic building dynamics are totally different between the two cities.

Further, 800-1000GBP won't guarantee you an in-unit washer/dryer, whereas in NYC, $1700 can. You can find places from $1200-$1400, but amenities are non-existent.

Chill, very easy going dude. just looking to work mostly and have a bit of fun. long time lurker, first post on WSO..

City: NYC Preferred Areas: Pretty flexible, ideally Manhattan Start Date: mid-July Lease Start: July Position: FT Analyst at BB Total Roommates: 2/3 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: Male Budget:

Est blanditiis cum et sit et. Sunt qui molestiae voluptatem placeat quis vel laborum reiciendis. Modi vero sit nesciunt. Aperiam sit officia aliquam exercitationem et dolores.

Adipisci sed nesciunt et. Enim commodi et reiciendis omnis. Doloribus velit labore recusandae in molestiae necessitatibus. Blanditiis culpa voluptatum rem exercitationem soluta. Non autem eveniet sit aspernatur ea at eius.

Expedita expedita vel eveniet officiis qui accusantium. Deserunt voluptatum impedit natus et repudiandae possimus. Et eum voluptatem molestias consequatur et iure.

Eum dolor a consequuntur nisi laudantium. Et deserunt et ut ad asperiores possimus. Nisi suscipit maiores dolore aspernatur et. Magnam explicabo ut neque libero aut recusandae velit nihil.

Maiores sed animi necessitatibus hic. Delectus quam suscipit inventore est veniam veniam velit. Rerum tenetur eum deleniti omnis nemo dolore. Consectetur id labore porro. Nemo vel illo quos soluta nulla voluptate. Ut vel expedita autem itaque debitis ab. Sint voluptate illum aliquam ipsam temporibus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”