Good: Regimental stripes, polka dots, solid, paisley

Bad: repeated discernible objects, e.g., dollar signs for bankers, balances for lawyers, etc..., discernible images, e.g., I worked with a guy who wore Star Wars, Elvis, and Mickey Mouse ties; no one took him seriously

Color: the color(s) of the tie should be appropriate for your skin tone, e.g., African Americans can wear bright, neon ties, whereas whites cannot; similarly, dark color ties look better on lighter-skinned people.

There is almost no scenario where an orange tie is the best choice. Sorry if you just bought a new orange tie man.

Just had my trade dispute rejected by Schwab for a loss of 35k. This single issue alone should be a gigantic red flag to anyone who trades on their platform. If they have a system error, and you do not video record your trading (they actually said this), they will not honour their fuck up. Switching everything away from them. Fuck this company.

Best Response

I mean like maybe this guy could work with a light blue shirt and navy suit, but generally just go with an understated red tie. Note to all prospects: Trying to use clothing to stand out is a BAD IDEA. It can really only do bad things for you.

https://www.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/salvatore-ferragamo-palm-tre…

$4 with free shipping sounds like you're going to get really low quality ties. Purchase them in real life to see what the material is like, and get a couple ties with colors that match multiple dress shirts.

E.g. I have a shirt with purple and blue window panes on white and another one that's blue checkerboard on white, and for both, I use a purple tie with subtle white and blue, which works solidly for each. You could probably get like two decent quality ties and then get advice from someone at the store on how to match its secondary and tertiary colors with the shirts you own.

Make Idaho a Semi-Target Again 2016 Not an alumnus of Idaho

Hey, after a whole month I actually received the ties. They aren't bad actually. I been to a few stores like BB and its not too far off. These will probably be the only "low quality" ties I will buy but its good to have a few to play with for now.

I once bought 30 5$ ties(on the same day, from different Ebay stores) on Ebay from China, and they're the worst piece of shit ties I've owned. The biggest problem was that the stitches unraveled after two wears. They were marked as silk, but I'm not sure. The silk was thin as paper, but they had thick lining inside. I actually saved one tie, to burn. If it melts, it's plastic.

I strongly, strongly recommend spending 10 bucks more one either used or unused Brooks Brothers ties on Ebay. Hell, sometimes I picked up brand news Canali ties for 10 bucks a pop...

Edmundo Braverman:
Look, I'm a big fan of Brooks Brothers over the years, but lately they've become full-on toolwear. The Fall Collection is chock full of shit I wouldn't be caught dead in.

That's why you don't buy the collection. B2 is for the staples.

"There are three ways to make a living in this business: be first, be smarter, or cheat."

What's wrong with buying clothes from Fubu?

Baby you're the perfect shape, baby you're the perfect weight. Treat me like my birthday, I want it this way and I want it that way. It makes a man feel good baby.

Personally, I also am starting to move against "soft" ties (i.e. silk/satin).

I prefer hard ties lately. Any decent hard ties out there that "stay stiff" where the windsor doesn't look like crap throughout the day where you have to fix it?

TraderDaily:
Is it just me or are Brooks Brothers ties TOO long?

Anyone feel the same way? What's a good alternative?

I feel the same way. I'm 6' tall and have trouble getting it to be the right length at times. Currently looking for some good alternatives as well.

oowij:
TraderDaily:
Is it just me or are Brooks Brothers ties TOO long?

Anyone feel the same way? What's a good alternative?

I feel the same way. I'm 6' tall and have trouble getting it to be the right length at times. Currently looking for some good alternatives as well.

I'm thinking of going with:

Ties: Jos A Bank (Don't trust Jos A Bank for shirts/suits though.) Indochino: Suits Brooks Bros.: Shirts

Wouldn't do black. With a light grey suit and white shirt, most ties will be fine. I like blue, yellow, and dark reds. Since your suit is patterned, I would go for a fairly subdued tie print (although not solid).

Light blue shirts are harder. I have a dark red tie I like, and a yellow/light orange checkered. I think a dark green would also work, but I have never bought one.

depends. if you're at GS, you should find a picture of the interviewing associate and get his picture printed on a tie. if the associate went to Yale, get a boy george tie (you know, that whole Yale thing). i would personally rock a bolo tie and snakeskin boots, you need a way to stand out. if not that, then definitely some lily pulitzer, it takes some balls to wear that and they don't call it "bulge" bracket for nothing.

in all seriousness, those ties are tine, just make sure you're not wrinkly and your shoes aren't scuffed. best of luck.

If Ferragamo gets away in the office, the Vineyard Vines patterns can too. Nobody really cares what your tie looks like, so long as you are presentable. I would not that I would probably dress more conservative your first week and when going to "off-site" events or meetings.

Note, I only have experience in business casual environments though.

Domino:
You should probably wear both. That way you would look both shiny AND conservative.

thanks.. but i tried that at my last interview and felt as though they couldn’t see both of them due to the inevitable overlap that occurs, so it was probably a waste of time. Maybe i should go for 2 conservative ties plus a third shiny one coming out of my zipper this time?

Voluptatem odit et modi consequatur earum. Consequuntur veritatis quo labore nihil voluptatum praesentium impedit. Repudiandae consequatur vel enim deleniti ullam voluptatem voluptatem sapiente. Placeat maxime eligendi ipsam repellat. Aperiam consequatur provident autem nemo.

Ratione aut ipsa enim dicta. Accusamus dolores quo commodi deserunt dicta. Dolorem repellendus voluptas sed et itaque quaerat. Assumenda aut distinctio molestias nulla ut.

Incidunt excepturi quo non unde quam. Vel ut iste quam voluptate labore accusantium qui sunt. Dolor perferendis delectus porro qui. Facere asperiores molestiae pariatur voluptas quod ullam esse dolor.

Et eum ut accusantium vitae quia. Debitis officiis blanditiis ipsa quo. Ut quis est et sapiente. Ea laborum cupiditate aspernatur et molestias tempora molestiae.

Eos natus at id illum voluptatem. Aut quisquam voluptates quasi vero quidem praesentium. Eos id et nulla perferendis. Ab ea cumque ea voluptatem eos non vel eius. Cum ipsum asperiores voluptas possimus quisquam. Iure doloribus facere et molestiae libero ut.

Aut eaque rerum non voluptates vel inventore. Earum et nihil ipsa facere sed. Est qui qui facere occaecati voluptate nulla eaque aut. Sit ut quisquam et ea.

Tenetur qui reprehenderit et. Voluptatum harum quam culpa occaecati similique. Beatae quam illo sit ad fugit voluptas hic. Dolores minus sed dolorem molestiae reiciendis consectetur. Quia aut dolore ut adipisci hic error.

-MBP

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”