2018 BEST NYC PROP FIRM!!!

Hello! I joined WSO a couple months ago but have never posted...until today.

About me: I am a recent grad(2017) form a top Ivy League school with a concentration in Econ and minor in Stats. I have previous intern experiences at a reputable IB and HF all together about 6-7 years interning between both. My position at the HF: Analyst/Quant Trader Intern. IB: Analyst Intern. I have always been in love with trading with a personal account I have had for 4 years now with average to high returns.

I have interviews for: FYNS, Triullum, Chimera, and SMB Capital. Position: assistant trader

Question: Which of the 4 prop firms listed is the best and why? What is the interview process like? Which firm starts you off with the most capital? I do have some experience trading witj a track record to prove it. Where can I learn the most about trading ?

Thanks for all the answers in advances.

Comments (2)

Oct 28, 2017

Hi StephenFX, no, I never sleep and so I can respond to any lonely threads (like this one) at all hours of the night. Impressive, I know ;-)

• Finance vs Computer Science? Capital Markets 1st job; career; Finance; Banking advice; united states; IBD; investment banking; analyst ... job; career; Finance; ... Computer Science/Finance Finance and computer science major college computer science computer science 1st ...
  • Breaking in with no degree (UK) after A Levels? Thanks a lot guys, Appreciate it 1st job; career; Finance; sales and trading ... I'm just wondering **is it possible to break into finance (talking sales, brokerage (institutional, ... prime etc), repo trading, pretty much anything front office ** in the UK without a degree, straight ...
  • Flow Traders Technical and Personal Interview career; Finance; sales and trading 1st interview ... they ask case studies, can someone share how to prepare for them too? Any help is appreciated. 1st job; ...
  • Analyst or Associate- Just finished 1st or 2nd year in finance 1st year of two year MSc Finance and am planning on applying to graduate programs this Autumn in ... trading but wanted to give myself the best possible chance to not only get a job but at the best possible ... enough and I know associate positions are generally for MBAs and my experience isn't in sales and ...
  • Can you please describe a job in sales? Liar's Poker. F--ktard was a good place to begin with. advice sales 1st job; career; Finance; sales and ... finance and economics (I think I'll major in econ). After finding some adversities with trading and ... analysis, I think a job as a saleswoman would suit me. So now let's go to questions:-Is a job in
  • Sales and Trading- A Complete Guide client or trading with the firm's capital (called agency trading and prop trading, respectively). ... called sales and sales trading. Does sales only speak to the client to get the best market prices or does ... Sales and Trading- What Is It? There are two primary functions to sa
  • Weighing up physical commodity trading (agricultural) and a FICC rotation program metals? Agri-commodities 1st job; career; Finance; sales and trading physical commodity trading export ... job that I have been offered is at a boutique physical trader that trades agricultural products. It ... it's still trading ags). When weighing up the two jobs, I really don't like the idea of e
  • More suggestions...

Or maybe the following pros can chime in... @trifecta @Jack-Power @Jack-Power

I hope those threads give you a bit more insight.

Oct 31, 2017
Comment