Evercore Private Capital Advisory group

So during the summer Evercore announced that they were setting up a Private Capital Advisory group. I was just wondering if someone could shed some light on this - what do they do, FO/MO/BO, compensation etc.Thanks!

Overview of Private Capital Advisory Group at Evercore

Below is a description of Evercore's Private Capital Advisory Group from

The Capital Advisory Group provides independent advice and execution services to leading private equity sponsors and institutional investors on a variety of strategic transactions across the private capital spectrum including:

• sponsor driven private equity fund recapitalization/restructurings
  • sales of portfolios of private assets
  • seeded joint ventures, and management team spin-outs.

Private Capital Advisory groups client groups include private equity and hedge fund structures, financial institutions, asset managers, pension funds, endowments, foundations, and family offices seeking to utilize the secondary private equity market.

Jamoldo - Hedge Fund Trader:
This is a fundraising role on the primary side (ie. raising capital for funds and taking a cut). Simple. Lots of ppt, no real modelling or anything technical. On the secondary side, its advising LPs on selling positions, trying to find out pricing and buyers. I'm not too familiar with the latter since I'm in the primary fund investing side.

The private equity secondary market is a space where the existing investment is private equity are bought and sold. The specialization of the private capital advisory comes from the lack of an established market for private investments.

Read More About This Topic on WSO

Hey HLdream, I think you deserve a response...heck, everyone does. We're listening, sorry about the delay ...my best guess at places on WSO that could help:

More suggestions...

I hope those threads give you a bit more insight.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

I could shed some light. Went through the summer process 2 years ago and know a couple people went through the process too. For summer, it was 2 phone rounds of phone screen, and a superday with 4 people. Questions weren't very technical, but definitely need to know the banking (LBO, DCF, accounting) and PE secondary basics and why PCA and the private cap industry.

Best Response

Think of a sponsors group like any other coverage group. If you're in a healthcare group, you cover relationships with healthcare companies. If you're in a sponsors group, you cover relationships with private equity firms.

In a group that does secondary advisory work, the difference is that your client is typically the LP (investor) in the private equity fund, not the PE firm itself. For example, the NY City Teachers Pension might come to you and say hey, we've had a 50mm commitment to Fund XYZ for the last three years, this is the performance to date, we think we want to sell our stake, can you find a buyer?

I can confirm you're correct on that. The upside is that they're looking to hire and build up their PFG. @Hugh Myron is right, their primary services are secondaries advisory and fundraising. Pretty decent size group. Nice department for someone who doesn't want to get into a very 'technical' role

Some of the posters above have it right. This is a fundraising role on the primary side (ie. raising capital for funds and taking a cut). Simple. Lots of ppt, no real modelling or anything technical. On the secondary side, its advising LPs on selling positions, trying to find out pricing and buyers. I'm not too familiar with the latter since I'm in the primary fund investing side.

For more information look up things like "placement agent" in the search area of this forum.

Good Luck

I used to do Asia-Pacific PE (kind of like FoF). Now I do something else but happy to try and answer questions on that stuff.

Worked with them quite a bit at a past job. Very solid shop and one of the best on the street (alongside Lazard and CS I would say). Little modeling involved so take that into consideration when you recruit. Ask them what portion of their time is spent on GP-led transactions (aka fund restructurings, which are very interesting from an intellectual perspective) vs. LP trades. CS is hiring now as well so you could reach out to them too if interested. That being said, if you want to move to secondary PE, you are probably better off applying directly to a fund of funds.

Although I'm going to be starting as an analyst in banking at an EB, I'm interested in private funds groups for future, post-associate opportunities. How does the comp and lifestyle at the VP and up level compare to IB?

Fugiat fugit et ut magni dolor hic. Quis incidunt non voluptatibus totam occaecati dolor enim. Commodi sequi quam dolor in id. Ut cum eum voluptatem est rerum amet.

Optio rem in dolor similique iste et aut. Vero mollitia sit voluptas sint. Et tempora facilis necessitatibus est deserunt error. Molestiae non velit blanditiis accusamus.

Mollitia qui cum distinctio doloribus pariatur accusamus error. Eos vero sed non minus ipsum. Atque quod iure dolore expedita. Mollitia praesentium sint necessitatibus. Dolor ipsam facilis distinctio. Ut aut saepe quia enim dolor necessitatibus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”