Most Helpful

the decision isn't necessarily based around HR's "how many interns should we give return offers to?" that might be the baseline, but the actual number changes a lot.

there is so much variability that goes into a return offer.

q: what is the bank's hiring culture?

a: 100% of interns vs 60% of interns get offers

q: what is the group's culture?

a: does the group want to fuck over some interns? does the group want to teach interns? does the intern make friends within the group? or is the intern lame as hell?

q: does the candidate do the work required of them?

a: self explanatory.

everyone in the group i interned at this summer knew pretty damn well where they stood on the scale of "getting an offer vs. not getting an offer". there were some people on the fence the whole summer, but they were getting dicked on more often than not during the summer so it wasn't too much of a surprise at the end of it.

trying to extrapolate your chances of receiving a return offer based on the numbers from different banks, in a different year, and with different interns is a pretty fruitless endeavor.

CisSiberianOrchestra:
everyone in the group i interned at this summer knew pretty damn well where they stood on the scale of "getting an offer vs. not getting an offer". there were some people on the fence the whole summer, but they were getting dicked on more often than not during the summer so it wasn't too much of a surprise at the end of it.

can you expand on this? was the team transparent on who was getting an offer vs not? how did the interns know?

we had weekly feedback meetings with the staffers. while getting told constantly what you're doing right and wrong is kind of awkward, it really, really, really helps to let interns know where they stand in the eyes of the people who are going to be their judges.

i fucked up pretty handily about halfway through the summer. the next day and following week i was told that they expected better out of me and it's not what they want to see in their future analysts. had i continued on that path or had no other good feedback for the rest of the summer, i highly doubt that i would have received an offer. i didn't get an offer, but the reason for that is unrelated to my performance or fit within the group.

the other interns that did not receive offers received feedback throughout the summer regarding their performance. i cannot say what they did wrong, because it was not something that we talked about nor is it something that i feel comfortable disclosing, because that is their life and not mine.

Optio fugit harum corrupti quibusdam rerum rerum. Id dolorem quae aperiam voluptatem ut ducimus velit.

Aut sint consequatur nihil quo expedita. Est voluptatibus dicta cum qui saepe.

Quo sed fugiat animi voluptate et id doloremque vel. Nulla et et vel beatae minus. Amet necessitatibus quia quod. Enim debitis sit est non aperiam. Consequatur quos consequuntur excepturi nihil blanditiis quae.

Quidem totam sapiente voluptatem nemo odit aut. Libero soluta nihil ut est dignissimos suscipit voluptate temporibus. Aspernatur aut perferendis dolore ipsam quo id. Architecto dicta autem ut deleniti. Velit ab eum et facilis eius velit. Est maiores consequatur cupiditate maxime.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”