2018 SF Housing

Monkeys -

I have looked through pages on this site but all of the SF housing seems to be dated by a couple years and I wanted to know everyones impression of where to live.

From what I have gathered, Marina District, Cow Valley and Pacific Heights is good for young professionals and to absolutely avoid tenderloin. (I am a young professional male fyi)

If any of you guys have advice on where to live and where to look online considering I will be coming from out of state I would appreciate it. Also, looking for recommendations on where to find roommates as I believe there was one facebook page mentioned on this site but I can not find that thread.

Thanks guys

There is an expert on here. He knows about interviewing associates and SF housing.

I think his name is Sean Astin or Shawn Mullins or something similar. If you find him, he will have all the answers.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Best Response

Depends on your budget and expectations. Expect to pay a lot to live in a closet in a nice part of town. Expect to pay a lot to live in a walk-in closet in a not so nice part of town.

Search on craigslist as that is usually the best place, but you need to check multiple times a day as good places get snatched up within hours of being posted.

The FB group your looking for is called "Friends looking for SF Housing! -Anjou" I think there may be another one, but this group in particular is the one I am apart of.

Good luck.

Hey jman28, I swear if I had a silver banana for every lonely thread I posted too I'd be richer than @compbanker ...

If we're lucky, the following users may have something to say: rmaley Jumped-up country boy MBA_Junkie

If those topics were completely useless, don't blame me, blame my programmers...

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

It's super early to be looking for housing in SF. The market is really competitive (people constantly moving in/out of the area) so you realistically need to start looking for June housing in May/April because they look for those who can immediately move in. Went through all this when I moved to SF...it's a nightmare. Amazing area though

Hey sfrelograd, what a lonely thread. I'm here since nobody responded ...so maybe one of these discussions will help:

• San Francisco Housing Roommates Wanted (Full Time) I am Moving to SF for a July start for FT and looking for potential roommates who would want to ... fun on the weekends. PM or post if you are also looking for housing san francisco affordable housing ... /forums/investment-banking-interview-questions-a-comprehensive-guide">Questions in Investment ...
  • San Francisco Full Time Housing 2016 full time in IB in San Francisco's Financial District starting in late July/early August. Comment ... below if you're interested. san francisco SF housing apartment Roomate roomates ... Hey guys, I am looking for a roommate in San Francisco. I'm graduating this year and starting ...
  • 2018 San Francisco Incoming Analyst (FT) Housing Thread looking for housing in SF? advice san francisco investment banking housing ft housing advice san francisco ... Hi All- I took a full time IB offer in San Francisco starting this year and wanted to get some ... affordable
  • San Francisco Housing Full-Time 2017 I will be moving from the East Coast to San Francisco in July to begin full-time. Is there anyone ... full-time in SF ... else moving to SF this summer? Post or send me a message to discuss anything related to SF If anyone ...
  • San Francisco full time housing but not necessary. Please comment and I'll message you! san francisco housing Roommates ... Hey all, Currently looking for guys to room with in San Francisco. I'm graduating this year ...
  • San Francisco full time housing thread 2016 NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA ...
  • SF Housing FT 2015 Analyst Class Hi guys, I'll be moving to San Francisco in late-July/early-August for a full-time analyst ... ) to split a place if possible. PM me if interested. san francisco housing banking ... role and am interested in hearing the opinions of current/former analysts on where to look for housing ...
  • More suggestions...

If we're lucky, the following pros may have something to say: etcetera1 franz_711 ne38wa

I hope those threads give you a bit more insight.

Perspiciatis natus quod saepe vitae aut minima. Voluptatum ad dolorem architecto rerum quod quia quasi. Ea ipsa ut veniam quam maiores perspiciatis. Placeat porro numquam veniam dolore tenetur deleniti. Veniam numquam non pariatur laborum rerum. Sint veritatis voluptatem sint perferendis ut quaerat.

Quia iste labore officia ut ipsa dolores in. Ratione nostrum voluptatem molestiae dolor accusamus. Voluptates et sit architecto excepturi corrupti ut repellendus omnis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”