2018 Sophomore Summer Analyst Recruiting Megathread Page

It's that time of year again, wasting countless hours trying to get into a BB sophomore banking internship. Don't worry all the hard work will hopefully at least get you into a boutique internship this summer. Best of luck and here are some of the sophomore diversity/non-diversity programs and recruiting for investment banking and other divisions.

-Wells Fargo
-Citi
-JP Morgan
-Morgan Stanley
-Goldman Sachs
-Credit Suisse
-Deutsche Bank
-BAML
-HL

2018 Summer Analyst IB Recruiting Timeline Megathread Page
https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/2018-summe…
2018 Full-Time IB Recruiting Timeline Megathread Page
https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/2018-full-…

Best Response

Can there be a thread for just non-diversity sophomores lol. Most, if not all of the above are for diversity sophomores in SEO and other third party diversity programs where recruiting is straightforward.

For non-diversity sophomores, it would be best to discuss regional or boutique MM/LMM banks that offer paid internships.

Honestly, if you want non-diversity you can either get lucky at MS or GS and apply and get a spot. Which good luck with that or you can hustle and network into a local boutique/MM by cold emailing and utilizing your alumni network. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of easy opportunities for sophomores to get experience, but there is plenty of opportunities if you are willing to send out 300 emails to firms ranging from NY to LA. Best of luck on the internship hunt.

Glad this thread got started up. And you can definitely add BofA to that list. I believe their apps open in August. A few guys on some other threads have mentioned that Soph recruiting usually takes place during the fall, but you may be able to leverage a return offer or another offer to try and get an earlier response, so we'll see how the timeline plays out.

Has anyone already applied to and received (phone/web) interviews for programs? I know a few spots are open for soph's, just waiting for GS to open up.

When things get underway, feel free to list: Diversity/Non Diversity, Target/Non Target, GPA, Freshman internship, & anything else that might be useful for comparison. Good luck boys.

In terms of mentioning invidivuduals in your cover letter, do you really need to ask the person to just put use their name in it? Even if you're just saying that you've just been in contact with a person and not saying person XYZ recommended me.

I don't think you have to ask. It's not a big deal. I highly doubt they will check with the person, and even if they did ask "did you speak with so and so" your contact will most likely be like "ya he's a great kid". I've done it before with out asking.

Where do you apply for WF? Under their Wells Fargo Securities Summer Analyst Program, it says "Applications will only be accepted on August 25, 2017" so, to me, it seems like they aren't accepting applications right now. Just wondering because someone above said they were open.

WF has specific Sophomore Leadership Programs. The one in the fall is for diversity candidates only and includes a superday for IB/S&T. There is also one that takes place in March that takes non-diversity but is for their corporate lending internship. Also, the July 12th application was for full time recruitment, and the August 25th is juniors only.

The earlier you start the better. It doesn't matter. If you haven't applied yet you can express your interest for applying to such and such program. If you already applied, you can mention at the end of the convo that you've already applied to said program. It's up to them if they want to push you through.

"Wells Fargo will not sponsor visas for these positions, and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student Visa status. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis."

So Wells Fargo won't consider international students for their Sophomore DIVERSITY Summit? Cool.

Actually its no work. Unless I'm being employed full time or this is a paid internship they have to do zero additional work for me as an international student for this summit. And I'm well aware what diversity means in the context of this industry/general employment - I just found it interesting that potential URM students are denied from even applying to a 'Diversity Summit' just because they're international students.

Is the UBS CCS Sophomore Women's Program for 2018 open yet for anyone? I found the link describing the program and it says "Applications for our 2018 program will open in July 2017." but i don't see applications yet?

Just take what you can get. Most sophomore classes are only 15-25 kids total per bank, so you'd be pretty lucky to end up at any bank as a sophomore regardless of what kind of work they give you. That being said, sophomores are there in the same capacity as Juniors, and they are expected to do the same work and produce the same quality of work.

I got this- Thank you for completing the first part of your application for the Bank of America Global Investment Banking Sophomore Summer Analyst Program - 2018. You will receive an email shortly with next steps. Please continue to check the Application Center My Opportunities drop-down for updates on the status of your application or if you have questions.

Isn't it just a confirmation email that everyone should have gotten

I don't think any apps have closed yet, its still fairly early in the recruiting process. These banks put more of an emphasis on getting Juniors first, then sophomores. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if most sophomore super days end up being around September/October just because they put 99% of their focus on recruiting juniors, then their 20-30 or so sophomore spots.

If a student goes through the recruitment process at BB bank as a sophomore, and doesn't get an offer, can it have any negative effects going into junior year recruitment? As in would it hurt an application during junior year given that the same student was rejected sophomore year at the same bank? Just curious, thanks.

Array

I have been told directly by alums that it may look negative if you networked a lot and got them to pull for you. This is mainly because they put their reputation on the line to go bat for you, and if you fail to get an offer as a sophomore, they think twice about backing you up junior year.

Of course, this is only relevant if you gst interviews in the first place. I have been told that it can get pretty heated in the recruiting meetings where bankers argue to try to get kids from their school offers. You can imagine how annoyed they could be if they put that much effort into you as a sophomore and bombed an interview with their colleagues.

In short, it hurts only if you use your alumni network extensively and you don't get an offer, as they lose trust in you as a candidate.

Sapiente ipsam ut dolore est hic excepturi. Voluptas architecto illum perferendis. A voluptates qui similique vel. Vero nisi delectus illo earum enim reprehenderit reiciendis. Labore porro tempore dolore perspiciatis voluptatibus ut reiciendis. Rerum quis autem est nam.

Quam optio doloribus maxime sint. Dolorem possimus aut omnis fugiat rerum sit. Nihil qui ut aliquid eos. Qui deleniti voluptatem error esse doloribus.

Soluta magnam sequi incidunt odit qui delectus dolore delectus. Rem aut sed quae et labore laboriosam provident hic. Quisquam consequatur cumque dolores tenetur. Blanditiis assumenda praesentium omnis. Consequatur sapiente rerum nihil id.

Voluptatum porro provident est. Quis consequatur iste quia inventore eum. Numquam velit quo et.

Vero qui ab nihil eum. Pariatur nobis nobis dolor. Ut voluptatem iure rerum consequatur porro et.

Veritatis similique qui asperiores perferendis fugit veritatis vel. Architecto dolorem dolor tempora vitae. Consequuntur sequi sed tempora libero aperiam minima eos veniam. Dolores maiores error voluptatem ut et ducimus.

Non cum et ut autem nihil accusamus. At pariatur eius molestiae qui. Et soluta non culpa vitae numquam pariatur fuga. Maiores fugit officia nobis earum et temporibus. Maiores mollitia qui et voluptatem officia temporibus. Sint doloremque blanditiis modi. Ab dicta eum est architecto quis.

Sed minus voluptas quisquam tempora non fugiat. Earum sapiente ut quia non exercitationem. Qui repellat qui fuga aliquid pariatur debitis quo. Inventore laudantium odit tempora nam omnis eum hic. Sint eum repudiandae eos accusamus temporibus.

Quidem eos fugit sed tempora. Qui iure repellendus eos et ut aperiam ut aut. Rerum ex harum exercitationem dicta voluptate ipsum qui et.

Id vel id ea facilis sunt. Quod omnis sint et omnis iusto. Ducimus sed velit architecto qui qui dicta omnis dolor. A fugiat alias provident laborum eum sed molestiae nihil.

Nostrum natus similique ut ex quod provident molestiae. Sed omnis quo voluptas eos rerum eius. Eum ut in sequi.

Eos corporis ut exercitationem aliquid sunt sunt nemo. Minus earum cupiditate est consequatur nulla totam doloribus dolor. Temporibus doloribus rerum autem ducimus et fugiat minima. Corporis recusandae fugiat et aut aut ducimus.

Sed quisquam expedita qui dolorum et magnam. Sint in ea corporis magni. Enim cupiditate corporis dicta quibusdam est. Quaerat laborum dolores corrupti fugiat quo voluptatibus quod.

Recusandae et numquam quia quae et. Sit provident ipsa et doloribus. Eum dolorum illo velit magni suscipit. Esse dicta reprehenderit unde nostrum. Quasi eum magni officia commodi. Ab facere iusto sint eos illo rerum architecto.

Reprehenderit et esse nulla aut. Molestiae culpa dolore recusandae totam. Et temporibus qui voluptatibus voluptas temporibus sed.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”