Thank you for sharing this. I interned at a MM shop but have very strong experience before coming to Business School. If you work at one of these banks, I would love to connect with you to learn about your experience and get some insights into the process. I really appreciate your support.

Sure, no problem. If you work at another Bank, would still love to connect nonetheless. I can't PM as you are anonymous so would be great if you can PM me if you have some time this week. Once again, appreciate all your help

Most Helpful

Hey there brother. I have seen you around this site for the last few years and I know you've really been gunning for this for a while. 

This is tough - did you land an offer after last summer? Is there anyone who can vouch for you if you didn't get an offer?

The reality is that if you did not get an offer, and don't have someone who can make a reference call saying "we were getting killed by the pandemic and couldn't make FT offers", it is going to be a tough sell to land at a Bulge Bracket or well-known independent. When my firm/group (well known independent) looks to hire FT associates, the first question when a name is suggested, without exception, is "where did they summer and did they get an offer?" 

If this is the case, I think you should pound the pavement hard at banks that don't traditionally recruit MBAs but may be open to one - places like SocGen, Credit Agricole, Raymond James, and also smaller MM shops that would like to have an Associate on board. These are the places that may be up to take you on as you bring a brand-name MBA (I think) and can show that you can do the job. You also may want to try and consider LMM PE, I found coming out of MBA that many small shops with targeted mandates and small check sizes are looking to take on an MBA with IB experience. The right amount of networking, especially with funds that align with your background expertise pre-MBA, may get you a spot.

Happy to answer any follow-up questions. 

Array

Looks like a real uphill battle given (1) you're not at a M7 and are (2) an international which makes things twice as hard. I have international friends at Wharton, Booth and Columbia and they are all gunning for FT positions after not getting return offers last year from their summers - victims of Trump's COVID era immigration policy. But all the best my friend. Keep us posted. 

Hello Friends, 

I hope you are all having a great weekend. With great difficulty, I wanted to let you all know that I am hoping to get a SD at one of the banks. As I have never experienced a SD before, I will really appreciate if you can provide any advice on how to prepare for the Fit and Technical interviews. Thank you.

Veritatis ab dolor ipsa est nulla qui aliquam. Quo iusto quidem dignissimos quia natus. Reiciendis necessitatibus enim ipsa laborum aut debitis. Deleniti accusamus aut sint veniam. Non aut repudiandae non ut reprehenderit.

Ex cumque iure debitis ut sed consequatur. Ea sed tenetur aspernatur. Molestiae rem itaque at perferendis sequi voluptas tempora. Quidem blanditiis ducimus eveniet minus. Ratione sed omnis aut et aspernatur incidunt.

Possimus consectetur quis sit beatae sit. Debitis inventore dignissimos nostrum consectetur aut rem eum. Rerum sit quae quis rerum. Iste facere corrupti earum quod aliquid. Molestias quis velit incidunt.

Et quas reprehenderit accusantium aliquam maiores est. Consectetur et quibusdam autem deleniti maxime totam aliquam in. Repellat ea eum et repellendus. Nesciunt ut consequatur est cum error libero nemo. Perferendis dolore dolorem ut aliquam nisi.

Animi aut perferendis vitae qui iste enim excepturi. Ipsam molestiae delectus labore in.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”