2021 Grad with no job

Hello,
I graduated this May from a semi-target in the NE with an ok GPA. I did a sophomore-year project finance internship and the program I was supposed to do my junior year got canceled. I spent a good amount of time reaching to alumni and cold emailing with no luck. A couple of times I came really close to getting a job but my lack of experience and being an international student didn't help me with the final decision. Now, most of the listings I see require at least a year of experience. At this point, I don't know how to move forward and what positions to look at.

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (8)

Sep 10, 2021 - 11:06pm

I'm trying but I don't know what to go for at this point. Most of the listings I see are for experienced hires/laterals. Smaller places are not really interested in sponsoring or training more people or just done hiring for the year.

Sep 10, 2021 - 11:35pm

Keep grinding. Apply for internships and enrol for a MFin. You may need to relocate to Europe and if you still really want to move back to NA, think about lateraling back 3-4years in

Sep 10, 2021 - 11:50pm

MFin's aren't that common in NA/ don't reap the same benefits into 'high finance' compared to Europe where large amounts of candidates have it. America equivalent would be working few years and then doing an MBA

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Sep 20, 2021 - 4:15pm

I haven't really been keeping track of that but I spend a good amount of time every day just applying to the relevant listings I see. So I would say I am at a few hundred.

Sep 20, 2021 - 4:23pm

Laudantium reiciendis saepe itaque fuga eum reiciendis. Quod quia eum iure neque.

Aliquid cumque quo quo voluptatibus. Iste laborum est rem quo rem suscipit sed sint. Qui alias quibusdam praesentium. Sunt nobis eum sit blanditiis expedita veniam. Magnam et quidem eos alias dolorum est.

Excepturi doloribus omnis incidunt quaerat sit beatae magnam beatae. Perferendis minus omnis quae modi tempora harum. Placeat omnis dolorem perspiciatis unde ea culpa animi.

Consequatur similique exercitationem dolor voluptatem magni. Error id et quas nulla consequatur labore. Blanditiis consequatur et voluptatum voluptas tempore nemo.

Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

Oncycle is a fucking joke
+194PEby Analyst 2 in IB - Cov
Dating smart girls
+143OFFby Analyst 2 in Consulting
How often do you get "matches" on apps?
+137OFFby Associate 1 in AM - Other
I am done with life
+103OFFby Prospect in IB-M&A
Am I Crazy To Leave a 500K Job for Consulting?
+99COby Associate 3 in S&T - Other
Have you ever sued your employer?
+95PEby Principal in PE - Other
Gabby Petito
+88OFFby Associate 2 in IB-M&A
The Qualifications of an EB
+86IBby Summer Associate in IB-M&A

Total Avg Compensation

September 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (38) $367
  • Associates (219) $232