Comments (42)

Most Helpful
Jan 8, 2022 - 2:52am
DavidFosterWallace, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Piggybacking off this with a serious point - I think there needs to be a bit of a revamp on the philosophy of anon-posting. It's wayyyy too prevalent, even in posts that are completely innocuous. I understand the logic - I do it myself. I think a lot of people are scared of this all being traced back to them etc and just anon nearly everything as a rule of thumb. I think the site would be smart to publish some sort of annual/semi-annual report on requests they receive for identities/IP addresses of posters (if zero, great, if not zero, explain general actions taken), etc etc to help users feel secure in posting here. Possibly the addition of an allotment of anonymizations tied to bananas/arbitrary rationing as a general discouragement for anon-posting.

This site is great and has succeeded exactly because you can anon post, but it could also do well to have a greater sense of community afforded by named posting on the majority of very harmless posts.

It would also do well to add a means of deleting comments, particularly without it bumping up the thread (occasionally you see 5 "insert bank reputation 2019" threads zombie-bumped because someone went back and changed all their comments to ".") - side note but just kinda annoying.

Jan 9, 2022 - 4:05pm
TheFlyingKiwi, what's your opinion? Comment below:

agree with this whole heartedly. It's too easy for a motivated person to trace stuff back to an individual 

Go all the way

• Intern in AM - Equities
Jan 8, 2022 - 12:09am

Analyst 1 in IB - Coverage

Those people always got some shit to say even on the most irrelevant topic

• Intern in AM - Equities
Jan 9, 2022 - 2:24am

Not wrong but I mean shit, at least us interns are trying to learn something

• Prospect in PE - Growth
Jan 9, 2022 - 9:53am

Yeah douchebag of the year right there

Jan 9, 2022 - 1:11am
Anonymous244729, what's your opinion? Comment below:

famejranc

From my perspective I think he may deserve some recognition. I appreciate the help he gave me in 2021. I hope he is doing well

edit: also Monty Burns. I think he is also a solid member here. I appreciate his 2021 contributions for sure! :)

Jan 10, 2022 - 11:42am
PeRmAnEnTiNtErN, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just curious why you put Drumpfy in this discussion?  It's just when I think of most valuable people, I think of people who added a lot of wisdom to the site.  It is called WSO and I think the people who made the forum better for young professionals in Finance are the ones that should be recognized.  Now I get that there was a lot going in the outside world and bring perspectives to the forum from that are great, but does posting a ton in Off-Topic really qualify someone as an MVP?  IMO, no.  

Jan 9, 2022 - 10:37am
bobmiller123, what's your opinion? Comment below:

iirc there was this high school kid Shaq oatmeal official or something?  I think he mentioned he had family connections to EB/BB and he was on VIC (or it was some other high schooler on VIC).   A lot of people on this forum praised him as well and people who weren't so supportive got MS.

Jan 10, 2022 - 11:13am
kellycriterion, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Well brofessor, you've stopped me dead in my tracks this morning. Not expecting this at all, particularly from an "Addict" Tier user with one of the best SB ratios of all time. Mad respect for you, and I really appreciate the mention. Cheers and thanks so much

Feb 3, 2022 - 2:06pm
Pizz, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Saepe nemo et cum aut dolore placeat ea. Iure explicabo voluptatibus neque quibusdam quo. Occaecati nisi dolore magni et. Et ea dolor explicabo odio ipsam ratione commodi.

Quia ea veniam sunt corporis mollitia aspernatur voluptatem doloribus. Explicabo magnam iure ipsum. Ea et laboriosam quidem explicabo nemo quo. Accusamus sed aliquid id laboriosam.

Autem rerum dolorem maiores labore facere sit rerum. Dolores molestiae et ut maxime qui. Aspernatur ut cum fugit et modi rem. Eveniet natus earum temporibus nihil dolorem ut.

Dicta accusantium numquam mollitia. Eaque et similique voluptatem ipsum consequatur itaque omnis. Unde molestias facilis qui ea blanditiis non perferendis sit. Aut velit exercitationem libero est tempora eos.

Feb 15, 2022 - 2:27pm
Pizz, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Fugiat nam recusandae nostrum omnis. Vel nisi repudiandae autem vel. Quisquam nihil amet reprehenderit itaque pariatur. Ut deleniti inventore non corporis expedita aspernatur. Optio voluptates possimus dignissimos reiciendis. Dolor et dolores aut doloremque. Rem nihil dicta laborum consequuntur.

Recusandae animi tempora excepturi amet. Voluptatem deleniti et ab doloribus. Aspernatur ex et libero.

Ut eaque quo quia omnis voluptatem similique veritatis. Quia in qui blanditiis qui quia et. Consequatur facere eius reprehenderit iste saepe velit illum. Ipsum quia molestias voluptate aut et autem delectus. Doloribus ut possimus ipsum dolorum quo. Cumque laudantium autem ipsam excepturi dicta delectus. Corrupti similique aperiam distinctio.

Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

Signing bonus taxed at 46%??
+278IBby Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Dad has Cancer
+200IBby Intern in IB-M&A
What are Stanford's placements?
+123IBby Prospect in HF - Macro
Best IB Nicknames
+68IBby Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Meritocracy
+59IBby Intern in IB - Gen