I know that Ares, KKR, and Bain Capital are all recruiting. I saw a post for Audax Private Debt but not PE on my school's career portal, so not sure there. Do you know if Blackstone is recruiting for its other divisions such as GSO and Tac Opps?

Blackstone is recruiting pretty much all the groups. check their website.

Shit... I didn't see that their apps were open. They didn't post anything on my school (target)'s portal. Can you share any insight on their process? I saw another thread that someone has already had a Tac Opps interview. If I submit a resume now to PE & Tac Opps will I still be okay? Is their process heavily influenced by networking? I was waiting to begin speaking with employees at my school's info session, but they canceled because of coronavirus. I haven't spoken to a single person there yet.

process very heavily influenced by networking. I had a super day with Tac Ops and Blitzer came in and said hi to 3 of the 6 kids. Try to reach out to people from your school that work there, that's your best shot

Most Helpful

Are you a sophomore and the superday was for 2021? Do you recommend reaching out to just about anyone on the investment team such as associates and higher from my school? (My confusion stems from the fact that in banking, analysts are the most involved with undergrad recruiting especially through the resume screens and getting you an interview.)

Blitzer knew 3 of the 6 kids at the super day? That doesn't sound like networking to me... that sounds like personal connections, which is completely different. There is no way cold emails or informational calls or keeping in touch with associates would get you face time with Blitzer. Mind clarifying what you meant? Thanks.

For my target: KKR (idk if it counts though unless URM, and top top candidate which is super rare), Ares, and very very rarely TPG. For MM, The Riverside Company and Audax both very good firms in my opinion. Riverside gives carry etc at Associate level and does a lot of A2A promotes. Plus there’s a ton of growth equity, like SIG (Susquehanna) , Level Equity, some at early stage or venture in general like Bessemer or Insight. that’s about it that I can think of though.

Well they are a great company, but their Growth Equity fund is a bit newer and hard to really know how great without seeing too much from them. I know there are some smart people and the HQ is near UPenn so people go there. Definitely lower than the other options because they have almost no history in the space and naturally that means you can’t be on the level of the amazing aforementioned funds. But that doesn’t mean they can’t be good on their own, it’s just a hard decision to take them if you’ve been in the environment that schools and people who rank things look at.

Just curious would you take an offer from a place like Riverside/Audax over a BB/EB?

Actually I did and know someone else who did too. These kinds of MM firms (there aren’t that many more) have good promotion tracks and you get to skip IB, but the negative is that you skip IB and it’s not an obvious decision like going to KKR or something out of college. ideally thought I would do RX/SS somewhere, but i took a PE job out of UG and realize that I’m gonna have some FOMO from not taking those kinds of jobs (especially with the economy how it is going, wanted to be in RX thinking economy would go bad at some point) and some people in those positions (ppl i know) think I’m on the greener side too. but I know of someone who got one of those PE offers and took it over centerview, evr, bunch of other EB/ RX spots and a bunch of other offers overall at the end of the day we’re all gonna end up fine (like, millions of dollars fine) but then again who knows with IB->PE or IB-> elsewhere the sky is the limit. But we were both able to recruit and finish pretty early, like sophomore May-June and be done with it. it’s an incredibly tough decision, most people like the idea of having options and jumping from resume builder to resume builder but if you know what you want and stick to it, more success comes from that in my opinion. But I’m really not sure what return / analyst recruiting will look like for this year or next (don’t think it’ll be affected cause that’s not really how pe finds work) but there’s simply ambiguity around it. good luck and hope I offered something of value

Rude generalization there, but you are partially correct. It is very hard to get into a megafund out of college for anyone and the odds are stacked against you.

Feel free to reach out after the recruiting process if you want to see where I get in.

I encourage you to NOT think of yourself as a fringe or near miss candidate no matter how hard it may seem. Keep going and good luck!

I am at one of the top three schools in the country and have already secured my buyside internship for the summer, but thanks for your concern! Good luck with BX.

Do you know if the website just prevents you from submitting a 4th app or something? All the positions are different apps, so unless it prevents from, you could apply to more than 3.

I haven't gotten in touch with a recruiter from BX or anything yet, so would appreciate any insight on the above question as well as recruiting timeline/anything you know. Thanks!

Anyone know when we should hear back from 1st rounds from BX?

Does anyone know if Ares has a full-time pipeline program this year for their LA PE group? And what about their H1B sponsorship policy?

Culpa minima expedita harum est odio quae animi. Id eveniet ab nihil. Cumque est vitae alias quia et sed vitae.

Deleniti dignissimos velit quia dolorem voluptatem. Fugit dicta et blanditiis sit fugiat minima hic. Sunt rerum architecto magni voluptate molestiae praesentium. Dolor eum pariatur qui quis. Rerum magni in sed ratione iste qui.

Molestias sunt qui quia facere eum consequatur sed. Et aperiam ad illo id nemo ad sapiente. Perspiciatis omnis magnam voluptatem ab. Voluptatem culpa earum quas maxime aliquam sint dolor. Ipsa rerum deleniti similique atque nemo omnis nihil maiores. Sequi numquam et suscipit sed. Nulla ut officia repudiandae. Dolores saepe itaque consequatur ut enim doloremque deserunt.

In sunt mollitia assumenda tenetur dignissimos voluptas praesentium. Et est neque illo voluptatem vel recusandae qui. Atque voluptates aut facere sunt.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (90) $280
  • 2nd Year Associate (205) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (387) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (314) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”