2021 Summer Analyst PE Recruiting

Prospect in IB-M&A

Anyone know which firms are recruiting undergrads for 2021 summer this spring? So far, I only know of Blackstone that is recruiting.

Comments (29)

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 14, 2020

I know that Ares, KKR, and Bain Capital are all recruiting. I saw a post for Audax Private Debt but not PE on my school's career portal, so not sure there. Do you know if Blackstone is recruiting for its other divisions such as GSO and Tac Opps?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Mar 14, 2020

Blackstone is recruiting pretty much all the groups. check their website.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 14, 2020

Shit... I didn't see that their apps were open. They didn't post anything on my school (target)'s portal. Can you share any insight on their process? I saw another thread that someone has already had a Tac Opps interview. If I submit a resume now to PE & Tac Opps will I still be okay? Is their process heavily influenced by networking? I was waiting to begin speaking with employees at my school's info session, but they canceled because of coronavirus. I haven't spoken to a single person there yet.

Mar 16, 2020

Has Bain posted anything online?

• Intern in IB - Gen
Mar 23, 2020

bump

Mar 27, 2020

When is the deadline for Ares?

• Intern in IB - Gen
Mar 27, 2020

April 5th but it's rolling

• Incoming Analyst in PE - LBOs
Mar 14, 2020

For my target: KKR (idk if it counts though unless URM, and top top candidate which is super rare), Ares, and very very rarely TPG. For MM, The Riverside Company and Audax both very good firms in my opinion. Riverside gives carry etc at Associate level and does a lot of A2A promotes. Plus there's a ton of growth equity, like SIG (Susquehanna) , Level Equity, some at early stage or venture in general like Bessemer or Insight. that's about it that I can think of though.

Mar 14, 2020

oh and BX and Bain sorry I blanked over them cause they were already mentioned.

Mar 14, 2020

What are your thoughts about Susquehanna? And where does it rank relative to other offers from the banks/pe funds?

Array

Mar 14, 2020

Well they are a great company, but their Growth Equity fund is a bit newer and hard to really know how great without seeing too much from them. I know there are some smart people and the HQ is near UPenn so people go there. Definitely lower than the other options because they have almost no history in the space and naturally that means you can't be on the level of the amazing aforementioned funds. But that doesn't mean they can't be good on their own, it's just a hard decision to take them if you've been in the environment that schools and people who rank things look at.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Mar 14, 2020

Doesn't matter whos recruiting, you probably won't get in. WSO has all the fringe, near miss candidates anywayb

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Mar 14, 2020

Rude generalization there, but you are partially correct. It is very hard to get into a megafund out of college for anyone and the odds are stacked against you.

Feel free to reach out after the recruiting process if you want to see where I get in.

I encourage you to NOT think of yourself as a fringe or near miss candidate no matter how hard it may seem. Keep going and good luck!

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Mar 14, 2020

I am at one of the top three schools in the country and have already secured my buyside internship for the summer, but thanks for your concern! Good luck with BX.

Mar 16, 2020

Does anyone know if you can apply for multiple positions at Blackstone? E.g. apply to both Private Equity and Real Estate?

Mar 16, 2020

Yes you can apply up to 3

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 23, 2020
Comment