2022 Best Groups at Wells Fargo?

Hi guys, I am very interested in Wells Fargo and was interested in seeing what the best groups are for the bank. I know that FIG, Industrials, Lev Fin, and Sponsors have historically been strong but wondering where they stand today. Thank you!

Wells Fargo does have a Sponsors group. Instead of Sponsors they call it Global Institutional Client Group.

Why are industrials always mentioned as a “top group?” Where does that come from? Sponsors doesn’t have a lot of juniors either and even if they did I wouldn’t consider them a top group given the lack of LBO activity historically (not counting Wachovia). The bank is becoming a lot more open to LBO transactions but that still hasn’t fully materialized.

From a revenue perspective, in coverage, I believe that FIG is number 1 and TMT number 2. Industrials doesn’t do close to the amount of business that FIG does. Lev fin doesn’t do their own modeling, something to keep in mind. 

Don’t think they have a sponsors group, only financial institutions. Had a superday with them 2 weeks ago, Sponsors wasn’t an option when ranking preferences.

During my interview with an MD I asked if their FIG is mixed with FSG and MD just said no they’re different but didn’t give much insight.

Where do you get the stats on revenue by group from?

I know because I know but you can kiiiiindd of tease it out on a BBG terminal. 

REGAL is definitely one of the top groups on the street from my experience. Consistently place very well in PE, strong culture from Eastdil days, and decent WLB. Hidden gem on the street for sure. LevFin does really well along with most things debt-related. Have heard great things about industrials one of the best on the street. Most other groups at WF are just not as strong relative to their peers so I would keep that in mind with some of the groups.

Where are you hearing these great things about industrials? Not trying to dog the group, I’m just trying to understand where this is coming from on this website. There are a number of other groups with stronger deal flow and considerably more fees. 

Wells reincarnated their sponsors group as global institutional client group ("gicg") as some have mentioned.

Lev fin gets a lot of deal reps since Wells is traditionally a debt shop. However, due to institutional directives that are were lifted only about a year ago Wells is now only just starting to finance LBOs which is what I consider "real" Lev fin. Also why gicg just got recreated.

Real estate is pretty strong, Lev fin is pretty strong. m&a seems like both a sweatshop due to junior turnover but without the deal reps, so sounds like the worst of both worlds.

WF capital markets groups are stronger on a league table basis than their coverage and M&A groups (since both are dragged down by incredibly weak M&A performance). Debt>Equity at WF. LevFin probably the best bet since DCM isn't particularly interesting. Apparently they're doing more sponsor/acquisition finance, so LevFin would definitely be the place to take advantage of that. 

Adipisci illo est consequuntur. Delectus commodi delectus dolorem ducimus et aut quidem dolorem. Molestiae dolorem est sapiente labore.

Natus et omnis quia eveniet. Dolorem ad voluptatum qui et minus aut et voluptatum. Aut voluptatem ut non quia reprehenderit ut. Mollitia est error ullam eos. Cumque quis magnam hic suscipit. Ad corporis ut modi unde deserunt ut quibusdam. Vel quidem quo doloremque possimus sint.

Beatae voluptate quis reiciendis quam ad. Possimus iste voluptate repudiandae quisquam sint qui omnis.

Unde ex fugit illo nostrum optio culpa. Voluptate sequi doloremque voluptatem perspiciatis eum. Nihil quibusdam voluptas qui nihil ut quae. Quis qui et ut sunt illo. In quas non unde nostrum ut laborum ut. Animi cupiditate veniam dolores nihil est.

Vel rem porro officiis voluptatibus veniam incidunt expedita deserunt. Et non eos voluptas non cupiditate est debitis. Soluta eius dolor laborum ducimus incidunt blanditiis. Sint optio molestiae nostrum magni.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”