2022 Public Finance IB Compensation

I was looking to see if anyone had any updated figures for Public Finance IB analysts/associates compensation (base + bonus). Looking through some of the older forums gave some pretty broad and dated responses. My current understanding is that PF base salary is the same as other IB specialties but bonuses are noticeably lower. Further, clarifying whether the comp is at BB or MM firm would be very useful. Thank you in advance!

Comments (8)

• Incoming Analyst in IB - PubFin
Jan 15, 2022 - 3:37am

Bump I am curious as well, especially with all the pay rises and it's been a record year for municipal bonds

• Intern in AM - FI
Jan 20, 2022 - 2:25pm

Bump does anyone know if the recent raises like those at GS, MS, and Citi apply to their PubFin groups too? I heard that for JPM they haven't yet even though they announced that markets and IB will all be bumped to 100K.

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Jan 20, 2022 - 5:06pm

I Interned at one of the banks that recently bumped and while I was interning they told the entire team that base would be bumped... I'm not sure if it has been though

• Analyst 2 in IB - PubFin
Jan 21, 2022 - 10:17pm

MS bumped salaries by 25k for analysts and associates 

Jan 20, 2022 - 3:40pm

Mollitia voluptatem et non alias qui eum. Assumenda ut hic repellat. Omnis aspernatur quisquam odio. Aliquam facere quo in aut delectus. Sint laborum et error et aut nihil. At architecto soluta id aut explicabo aperiam. Possimus non impedit doloremque autem.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

January 2022 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (5) $604
  • Vice President (22) $385
  • Associates (147) $240
  • 2nd Year Analyst (85) $153
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (15) $150
  • 1st Year Analyst (296) $142
  • Intern/Summer Associate (64) $142
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (225) $90