WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (176)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Aug 10, 2021 - 6:18am

Applied for Global Markets roles for all open BB SA slots already.

Anyone know what's the normal time to expect to hear back from the BBs for SA roles?

Aug 10, 2021 - 10:08am

got absolutely destroyed by CS assessment

happy to give advice; no asking for referrals please
Aug 24, 2021 - 3:39am

Are you talking about the MapTQ test? 

For everyone else: Received CS Assessments 23/8 for Global Markets.
Components:
1. Numerical Reasoning
2. Verbal Reasoning
3. Behaviour ranking

The 3rd component caught me by surprise because its another one of those personality tests that seem totally arbitrary. Other 2 Assessments were of an expected style 

Sep 27, 2021 - 7:24am

Ignore the JPM one.

Just wanna know for CS & GS, how long would I receive the next steps (online tests, Hirevue) after submitting the online application?

As for Citi, I heard that after submitting resume then it would lead to direct interviews already (no tests/Hirevue), how long is this process?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 13, 2021 - 5:37am

hey, you done the first round already? From my understanding of past years, MS only does the first round in mid October and can go all the way till December depending on application date.

Oct 3, 2021 - 4:15am

Not sure if it would help anybody applying SG office to calm their nerves, but I received an email from Nomura asking me to confirm if I do not need employment visa as they have repeated rejected applications for employment pass ever since covid came along. They also advised that my application to be moved to Hong Kong if I do need an employment visa. Given that, it is likely that the SA roles would be up for grabs among the locals.

With regards to MS, the campus recruiting confirmed that further updates would be given in the coming weeks. I haven't received anything after my HireVue but I applied later into the application cycle.

Oct 4, 2021 - 3:01pm

Hi does anyone know how to prepare for ST in Singapore positions ? Like do they only focus on the APAC markets or ? where should I read news to form opinions on the asian markets ? thx 

Oct 8, 2021 - 9:36am

Hey,

If you want to read up on APAC/SEA news (given that we are the financial hub of SEA), the usual Bloomberg would do. Otherwise, you could consider The Business Times. Also, if you are really eager to land a role in SG, you could consider reading about the characteristics of our region (being Maritime and natural resources focused)(think Wilmar and etc...) and learn a SEA language. That's the information I have gathered from reading around WSO and from the industry.

• Intern in S&T - FI
Oct 11, 2021 - 4:39am

Anyone received MS/JPM S&T Interview invitation after hirevue?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 12, 2021 - 4:25am

If you're talking about SG, group interviews were 2 weeks ago/ last week, results were out last week and final rounds are probably going on sometime this week. 

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 13, 2021 - 3:30am

Could I ask when did you do your HireVue for GCM? I did mine in early Oct and I am wondering if my first round would be later or have already been dinged.

Cheers

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 14, 2021 - 1:09am

Could you give a rough estimate of the amount of offers you heard and whom did you hear from?

I am on track to a first class in finance and a returning Singaporean from an overseas uni. Have not heard since the HireVue. No news from my social circles for the SG office either, but that might just be me

Oct 18, 2021 - 1:00pm

Not really helpful info, just to find some homies with the same goal ;)  Did both first round tests (OT/VI) a couple of days ago, BLK with further reply (probably I'm too shit on VI, prepared too many words I even cannot recite fluently), HSBC just emailed me a feedback on OT and said I'm in review and will contact me later.

Oct 22, 2021 - 12:46am

I've already received a rejection email so I suppose there's no harm sharing (based on what I remember):

• Standard "Motivation" questions (why GCM, why MS)
  • Market Views (I was asked specifically on the credit market, interest rates, and on Evergrande)
  • Recent interesting market news
  • Recent MS transaction
  • Types of spreads and their differences
Oct 26, 2021 - 4:10am

To be honest, I doubt most banks are done. I am a SG citizen and from overseas uni. I applied mainly in Aug/Sept. Some bank applications are still open

Done most of the BBs IBD/GCM HireVue for SG office and have not heard back much from them. People that I know in similar situations also have not heard back. Only receive enquiries if I am interested in HK office or something along those lines

There might be some truth from the guy that got thrown MS for suggesting his from overseas uni, first class in finance and have not heard back

Edit: I might get thrown MS for this. But to encourage those that haven't receive a response or those thinking whether to apply to the SG office in the remaining days because it seems that offers are out, I am from a target, in honor society and finance clubs and topped my CorpFin classes.

Even if I miraculously don't get an offer from one of the BBs, I would have no issues getting a EB/MM/buy-side offers. So there are still definitely offers out there and just apply/wait!

Oct 26, 2021 - 7:25am

Bro... almost every BB is done/almost done with IBD recruiting.

You can have a 4.0 GPA and can be in all the finance clubs you want - but if you don't have at least 1-2 relevant internships, you stand no chance at all in SG.

If it helps, Barclays hasn't started their process yet so all is not lost I suppose.

Oct 26, 2021 - 7:45am

It might be the case that almost every BB is done but I am not really concerned since I am flexible in my work location. It was nice of you to suggest to try out Barclays.

I do agree relevant internships are the most important and I doubt it is only in SG that relevant internships are important.

I am quite sure JPM has not started though.

Oct 26, 2021 - 8:05am

I mean I definitely could be wrong because I am not from the local unis. Therefore not having the information that you guys have.

The information I received from my email to MS APAC recruiting a week or two ago after seeing that the MS offers are out in this thread is that they are "endeavouring to answer back to all candidates as soon as possible" so *shrugs*  

Oct 26, 2021 - 8:37am

OK, that is fair, local vs overseas recruiting probably is done separately for some banks and I have no idea about the differences

I probably would have worded my thoughts in a nicer way had you not sounded so entitled saying stuff like "I'm from a top target, have a good GPA, am in good clubs, will definitely get good offers!!!"

But peace, we're all fighting for the same end goal so all the best to you

Most Helpful
Oct 26, 2021 - 8:49am

I think I am comfortable in the sense that I know I will definitely be doing a finance-related job, worst case academia, if I am that incompetent to not get an offer. I doubt your wording really matters to me since we are just strangers online with the same end goal. In any case, I genuinely hope for the best for you too. If in the event you didn't get an offer (trying to scroll through your comments), you could try Point72 or Houlihan. Or consider widening your scope to HK as SG only does SEA deals 

I get what you mean about sounding entitled because I am in a privileged position for my family to send me to an overseas university to get a good job and I want to believe I am trying my best. Similarly, it could come off as dimissive when I read through the comments and like "the offers are out, BBs are done" but I doubt I should let that affect me and what I think I am worth.

Peace

• Intern in S&T - FI
Oct 26, 2021 - 1:06am

Illo ex temporibus nulla ex maxime. Quod soluta et cumque qui adipisci atque aliquid cupiditate. Nostrum modi omnis libero error modi.

Dolor nulla non reiciendis dolor possimus est quas. Vel quis consequatur ut cumque quibusdam tempore perspiciatis.

Minima consequatur quaerat eligendi omnis voluptatem amet nisi. Voluptas dicta aut autem et sit velit et. Tempore nihil delectus beatae aut dolor illo.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 26, 2021 - 7:34am

Dolor cumque quis ut non nam. Quia doloremque dolor at nulla. Repellat voluptatibus natus deleniti sit possimus qui numquam quasi.

Laudantium vel qui est cumque aut illum. Libero distinctio veritatis facilis vel molestias. Vitae sed eligendi quas vero dignissimos dicta. Ipsa tempore nulla omnis velit vel quis. Officiis laboriosam rem sit eaque non rerum. Velit tempora exercitationem vel cumque. Aut suscipit vel quidem sunt.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Oct 27, 2021 - 2:57am

Ipsam facilis debitis sit sed deleniti. Quia vel inventore sequi qui nisi odio dignissimos.

Voluptas doloremque quidem voluptas eius molestiae eum consequuntur. Asperiores facilis id itaque asperiores pariatur minus libero. Qui ab eos voluptate.

Quo distinctio in praesentium odit et exercitationem. Et perferendis ut dolore distinctio. Reprehenderit recusandae id accusantium fugit quod. Cupiditate qui cupiditate quia atque ut non. Nesciunt ducimus praesentium eaque consequuntur. Deleniti ut rem nihil similique.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 27, 2021 - 5:04am

Tenetur quo aut incidunt. Non beatae vel sapiente ullam.

Corporis facere et optio et saepe sit. Eos quae qui omnis iste ut iure cumque commodi. Fugiat fugit cum et sint in quisquam vero. Voluptatem magni est eos sit.

Ut quia earum alias ipsum. Harum dolores provident ipsum blanditiis. Quia assumenda eos quia quia. Et non omnis unde voluptatem iste expedita. Ipsum corporis id et repudiandae sit. Nostrum consequatur nostrum quo et commodi molestiae laboriosam.

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Oct 27, 2021 - 4:50am

Enim id distinctio sint dignissimos in vitae. Reprehenderit blanditiis maxime odio dolor illum ipsam qui. Sapiente laboriosam repellat sapiente accusamus rerum. Repudiandae temporibus delectus magni repellat vel quo. Excepturi et voluptatum quia porro dolore error est.

Alias aut voluptas omnis sit est. Dolorem temporibus dolores explicabo illo enim perferendis optio. Dolore sed non aspernatur quaerat.

Consequuntur dolor sit iure suscipit enim voluptatem. Ut iusto vitae sint exercitationem eveniet laudantium doloribus. Sint voluptates qui mollitia totam quo occaecati. Ullam neque omnis non qui.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

October 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (39) $363
  • Associates (229) $233
  • 2nd Year Analyst (139) $155
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (32) $149
  • Intern/Summer Associate (105) $142
  • 1st Year Analyst (504) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (388) $83