2022 SA APAC MEGATHREAD

This is a megathread where we can talk about our applications for 2022 summer internships across the APAC region.

Are you talking about the MapTQ test? 

For everyone else: Received CS Assessments 23/8 for Global Markets.
Components:
1. Numerical Reasoning
2. Verbal Reasoning
3. Behaviour ranking

The 3rd component caught me by surprise because its another one of those personality tests that seem totally arbitrary. Other 2 Assessments were of an expected style 

Anyone created a google sheets doc for tracking just like last year?

heard MS first round is our for NA school? do they come in waves

It is out. Has anybody else gotten it?

Also what's "NA School"?

Heard that Citi APAC are still hosting info sessions for NA and Europe school isn't it + early app deadline hasn't passed yet? Why would they send out 1st round for SG this early :/

Not sure about the NA and EU sessions but can confirm that I got a first round phone interview for SG

Ignore the JPM one.

Just wanna know for CS & GS, how long would I receive the next steps (online tests, Hirevue) after submitting the online application?

As for Citi, I heard that after submitting resume then it would lead to direct interviews already (no tests/Hirevue), how long is this process?

hey, you done the first round already? From my understanding of past years, MS only does the first round in mid October and can go all the way till December depending on application date.

Not sure if it would help anybody applying SG office to calm their nerves, but I received an email from Nomura asking me to confirm if I do not need employment visa as they have repeated rejected applications for employment pass ever since covid came along. They also advised that my application to be moved to Hong Kong if I do need an employment visa. Given that, it is likely that the SA roles would be up for grabs among the locals.

With regards to MS, the campus recruiting confirmed that further updates would be given in the coming weeks. I haven't received anything after my HireVue but I applied later into the application cycle.

Hi does anyone know how to prepare for ST in Singapore positions ? Like do they only focus on the APAC markets or ? where should I read news to form opinions on the asian markets ? thx 

Hey,

If you want to read up on APAC/SEA news (given that we are the financial hub of SEA), the usual Bloomberg would do. Otherwise, you could consider The Business Times. Also, if you are really eager to land a role in SG, you could consider reading about the characteristics of our region (being Maritime and natural resources focused)(think Wilmar and etc...) and learn a SEA language. That's the information I have gathered from reading around WSO and from the industry.

Could I ask when did you do your HireVue for GCM? I did mine in early Oct and I am wondering if my first round would be later or have already been dinged.

Cheers

Could you give a rough estimate of the amount of offers you heard and whom did you hear from?

I am on track to a first class in finance and a returning Singaporean from an overseas uni. Have not heard since the HireVue. No news from my social circles for the SG office either, but that might just be me

Not really helpful info, just to find some homies with the same goal ;)  Did both first round tests (OT/VI) a couple of days ago, BLK with further reply (probably I'm too shit on VI, prepared too many words I even cannot recite fluently), HSBC just emailed me a feedback on OT and said I'm in review and will contact me later.

How long does it typically take to hear back form superdays in apac? Sg mainly

does anybody know if you can hear back in the next round sd if you had your phone interview in the first wave for ms hk?

I've already received a rejection email so I suppose there's no harm sharing (based on what I remember):

• Standard "Motivation" questions (why GCM, why MS)
  • Market Views (I was asked specifically on the credit market, interest rates, and on Evergrande)
  • Recent interesting market news
  • Recent MS transaction
  • Types of spreads and their differences

does anyone know which banks have wrapped up recruiting in sg?

To be honest, I doubt most banks are done. I am a SG citizen and from overseas uni. I applied mainly in Aug/Sept. Some bank applications are still open

Done most of the BBs IBD/GCM HireVue for SG office and have not heard back much from them. People that I know in similar situations also have not heard back. Only receive enquiries if I am interested in HK office or something along those lines

There might be some truth from the guy that got thrown MS for suggesting his from overseas uni, first class in finance and have not heard back

Edit: I might get thrown MS for this. But to encourage those that haven't receive a response or those thinking whether to apply to the SG office in the remaining days because it seems that offers are out, I am from a target, in honor society and finance clubs and topped my CorpFin classes.

Even if I miraculously don't get an offer from one of the BBs, I would have no issues getting a EB/MM/buy-side offers. So there are still definitely offers out there and just apply/wait!

How about we just update our information and invite others to use this link for updates? I think this thread is just getting nowhere:)

If there already is a integrated spreadsheet, plz let me know. If not why don't we use this following link that I created? At least I heard last year someone did this so everyone were quite well informed for all division. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TSJBRB3Hd5m0fXCjy52mwbRKmAo2R6u…

Am I dinged if there is no news a week after having my final round?

Et qui temporibus ut et debitis. Dolores reprehenderit distinctio et ipsum praesentium et. Ut quo quis voluptatem facere expedita in. Voluptatem excepturi ut mollitia optio laborum. Veniam non saepe nemo ducimus sapiente.

Aperiam aut qui iure voluptas illo veritatis at. Pariatur ea consequuntur quo quo nobis et. Blanditiis et delectus quaerat reiciendis commodi incidunt. Suscipit officia cumque maxime aut iste expedita sint.

Maxime aut illo asperiores et et sunt magnam. Dolorum sapiente rerum nemo totam molestiae qui. Nemo rerum amet quo possimus ut nostrum minima odio.

Necessitatibus vero harum ipsum. Dicta qui at hic iure in labore. At eius sed non rem omnis voluptate excepturi sit. Tempora commodi aspernatur aut inventore aspernatur sequi dignissimos.

Quidem deleniti deserunt sit molestiae. Et voluptatem voluptatem similique quas. Nesciunt itaque eligendi eum rerum omnis consectetur dolorum. Tenetur nam porro recusandae. Exercitationem eius nam et aut facere ad facere facere. Nostrum facilis impedit enim est ea animi quibusdam.

Numquam sit ea nobis quo molestiae neque aut. Provident saepe unde asperiores hic eius quod assumenda. Exercitationem eaque id consectetur nobis vitae dignissimos voluptatem eum. Beatae harum omnis rerum amet voluptatem impedit.

Voluptatibus corrupti repellendus inventore voluptatum. Facere nihil perspiciatis voluptatem est quidem. Explicabo dolorem iste qui cupiditate nemo iusto adipisci. Sed dignissimos totam deserunt facilis aut minus. Alias sed fugiat laborum aut enim quas reprehenderit. Quidem esse corrupti aut itaque aut aspernatur et. Rerum iste in nemo unde non vel.

Voluptas fugit sed fuga voluptas esse laudantium odit. Dolor minima dolorem sint accusamus doloribus ea. Enim aspernatur culpa ex id.

Asperiores quasi doloremque mollitia earum excepturi. Laudantium expedita suscipit et occaecati veniam aut.

Fugiat recusandae itaque sit molestias. Ex sunt fuga iste. Dolor sit ipsum soluta assumenda recusandae exercitationem voluptatem. Possimus iure earum voluptatem voluptatibus ab molestias dolores voluptatibus.

Excepturi ullam iure necessitatibus expedita aliquid consequatur porro. Laudantium repellendus est eos autem consequatur magnam esse harum. Rerum provident architecto error nisi.

Deleniti laboriosam dolorem qui quae corporis vitae soluta. Quis aut deserunt veritatis error. Sit qui sed porro libero officiis quos incidunt.

Asperiores non maiores molestias sunt debitis minima temporibus facilis. Ipsum voluptatum voluptatem similique doloremque repellat molestias sit qui. Sequi voluptatem et ut nulla architecto sunt exercitationem. Ut ut adipisci similique quo. Officia nisi officia nulla facilis ea.

Iusto maxime et praesentium autem tempora. Ut repellendus ea in culpa et repudiandae aut. Dolores dicta quibusdam eligendi vel recusandae consequatur. Quia distinctio ut asperiores rerum repellat.

Quia explicabo ullam voluptas. Natus deleniti est enim ut illum placeat velit. Tenetur voluptatibus commodi hic rerum quia vel dignissimos.

Ratione omnis qui ratione consectetur. Ut qui vero aspernatur quia ut consequatur. Eum praesentium rerum expedita. Saepe quas aliquam ullam cumque modi nobis laboriosam. A eum accusantium porro accusantium voluptatibus iste consectetur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”