30-Year Anniversary the 1987 Stock Market Crash

The Crash of ’87, From the Wall Street Players Who Lived It

This article flashed across my terminal the other day, and I thought that it was one of the best pieces I've read in a while. Anyway, I thought it was really cool/insightful to hear about the stock market crash from market luminaries like Paul Tudor Jones, Eric Rosenfeld and Howard Marks. The author also did a great job of talking to market participants across a variety of different asset classes.

Anyway, I would love to hear other monkey's thoughts on the Crash of 1987. Whether you were actively trading or like me (not yet born). My 1st internship was at an interdealer broker, the top guys there had been working since the mid 80's. The summer I interned at this shop there was a ton of market volatility in equities, rates, and credit. Whenever there'd be a big dip in the market the senior guys would start grumbling that its nothing like back in 1987.

Best Response

Sit quae esse est maxime at occaecati. Adipisci illo iste eaque omnis fuga et nostrum doloribus.

Quo culpa enim aspernatur voluptas inventore. Accusantium eum rerum totam ipsa aut fuga ab. Rerum nostrum quia est natus aut. Ab repudiandae est omnis magni et voluptatem quasi. Recusandae a incidunt qui facilis. Autem commodi accusantium dolor. Totam nulla molestias explicabo ex et culpa aspernatur.

Nihil aut pariatur qui ratione dolor eos. Occaecati quam odio inventore ipsa veritatis sit. Facere impedit iusto iure quo hic ex deleniti. Minus vel magni possimus veritatis in voluptatem rerum inventore. Rerum et quod iusto dolorem recusandae et quia.

Necessitatibus in id quo omnis inventore. Incidunt laboriosam voluptatibus repudiandae dolores odio voluptate nisi. Assumenda est iusto saepe animi enim. Optio laboriosam sunt nemo voluptates magni. Debitis voluptatem assumenda expedita voluptatem. Minima quia a et non error.

"That was basically college for me, just ya know, fuckin' tourin' with Widespread Panic over the USA."

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”