50 Cent Tweets about stock - Rises 240% WOW

A penny stock named H&H Imports (HNHI), (a tiny operation out of Florida) that Fiddy tweeted about to his 3.8M followers made the stock jump up 240% and he raked in millions. Crazy

Read

50 Cent Tweets

His new headphones are gonna make bank too....just fyi

Wrote about this yesterday but the power went out :( Fiddy made 9 million pumping that stock in a single day, not sure if he dumped it though.. I have a screenshot of his tweets here somewhere, I'll try to dig it up.

People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people Jeremy

No expert, but it seems like it would be illegal to me.

It isn't necessary to own a certain percentage of the company.

Supposedly he has significant holdings in the company and the company has been red flagged by its auditor.

Section 17 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1933 makes similar practices illegal, but there is always a gray line involving the wording like what happened in the Lebed trials.

http://www.sec.gov/about/laws/sa33.pdf

haha wow. I dont use the twitter I dont really believe in it or see its purpose... my gf and her friends would vehemently disagree. However, I love this business move by 50 cent. Best case $8.7 million in profits (according to NY Post) worse case he goes to jail gains more "street cred" - as if shots to the face didn't count - the he comes out with a new CD and tour then pockets 12 million. Great plan Curtis Jackson haha.

On a serious note what about the people who followed his move? What were they thinking?

Best Response
michaelj901:
haha wow. I dont use the twitter I dont really believe in it or see its purpose... my gf and her friends would vehemently disagree. However, I love this business move by 50 cent. Best case $8.7 million in profits (according to NY Post) worse case he goes to jail gains more "street cred" - as if shots to the face didn't count - the he comes out with a new CD and tour then pockets 12 million. Great plan Curtis Jackson haha.

Haha! You should be his agent. If someone told him that plan, before hand, I bet he would of been all over it.

michaelj901:
On a serious note what about the people who followed his move? What were they thinking?

That's the second thing I thought (after insider trading). Who the f*ck even knew that so many fiddy tweet followers even play the market!?

If 50 doesn't get in trouble (and I have no idea what the laws are like so I have no clue), I wonder if other people would try doing the same (mainly, rappers). Looks like some of you guys should start following some obnoxious rappers on twitter(Kanye West for example lol)

If your dreams don't scare you, then they are not big enough. "There are two types of people in this world: People who say they pee in the shower, and dirty fucking liars."-Louis C.K.

I admittedly don't know much about the markets. But can someone tell me why I WOULDN'T want to short this?

If I don't get legit responses before tomorrow morning I'm placing the order.

“Millionaires don't use astrology, billionaires do”

Nouveau Richie:
I admittedly don't know much about the markets. But can someone tell me why I WOULDN'T want to short this?

If I don't get legit responses before tomorrow morning I'm placing the order.

VITAMIN WATER! Although 50 Cent has made a few past successful investments, I believe you and many others are correct in taking the assumption this is in fact a pump and dump. I'm just trying lay out all plausible scenarios before you make a decision.

Men are so simple and so much inclined to obey immediate needs that a deceiver will never lack victims for his deceptions. -Niccolo Machiavelli

Nouveau Richie:

I'm not either, but let me take a stab at it. I'm guessing a lot of people already beat you to it. As soon as word got out about this thing, I bet tons of people sold/shorted it. In fact, in one of the things I read, I thought it said up 240% and then back down shortly thereafter.

politics.as.usual:
This is pathetic. I bet these idiots were expecting another VitaminWater, as if that investment was his decision to begin with....

Agreed. 50 cent is gonna make pump'n'dump history.

I win here, I win there...

Prolly his investment advisor slumped in the crisis and now needed a larger bonus. So now fitty goes to the dumbster and his advisor takes care of the house in the meantime .

"Make 'Nanas, not war! "

If Tim Sykes was still around he would short this.

oh wait, he is.............http://www.timothysykes.com/

"Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, for knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind. And greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA."

Corrupti reiciendis earum eos qui. Quia perferendis autem nulla illo.

Maxime perspiciatis ut iure doloremque. Et natus adipisci vel dolorem perferendis vero.

Iusto voluptatem aut eius cumque delectus laborum ducimus dolor. Quis ab maxime mollitia voluptatibus amet sint animi ut. Nam quidem cupiditate ducimus sed ea.

A expedita a qui. Dolorum ut enim ea provident magni porro. Assumenda qui ipsam nemo qui hic.

Molestiae reiciendis id aperiam eum deserunt culpa quae voluptatem. Earum cupiditate et sit sit cum reiciendis. Unde dignissimos velit et sit adipisci voluptas. Quia accusamus minima dolorem et aut sequi delectus et. Et odio debitis quia. Dolorem deserunt quod sapiente sint earum enim aut.

Officia qui saepe autem rem. Repellat earum perferendis explicabo dolor cupiditate.

Et eos dignissimos delectus eaque consequatur. Et sed minima expedita voluptatem non aut incidunt libero. Maxime magni blanditiis eaque occaecati.

Repudiandae ad vel quia dolorem perspiciatis aut. Fugit et nam possimus velit nam qui commodi odio.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”