7/15/16 - WSO Weekly Wrap Up

In case you missed them, here're some of last week's most popular topics:

Accidentally Punched MD in the Face
Post By @Goldmansak"

It is my birthday today and I learned that my GF paid for a 1 week vacation for the both of us to go to Cleveland. My natural excitement made me spin out of my chair, get up, and swing my fist into the air. I did all of this so fast that I did not realize my Managing Director was right behind me ready to ask a question about the DCF model I just completed.

Q&A With Jared Dillian – All The Evil of This World
Post By @In The Flesh"

Jared Dillian's new book All The Evil of This World hit shelves/kindles on June 21st and is already seeing great reviews on Amazon (4.6 stars). He was kind of enough to take the time to answer some questions I had related to the book.

BB In Philadelphia
Post By @mCobb"

Does anyone know which are the best branches of big investment banks to work for in Philadelphia, and what are their hiring patterns are for SA? I know most of them are PWM but I just wanted to get a feel of what is available.

What are your Linkedin pet peeves?
Post By @fine-nance"

Some people choose to document their entire life on Linkedin, while others prefer to keep it simple, showing the bare minimum. Personally, I like to keep mine somewhere in between.

Pokémon Go
Post By @fine-nance"

The success of Pokemon Go has led to a couple of interesting events, like robbers who used the app to target victims, or a Wyoming teen who discovered a dead body floating in a river while playing. Any thoughts about the game?

Tim Duncan retired today. Any fans here?
Post By @fine-nance"

I'm not a Spurs fan, but I have a lot of respect for Tim Duncan. No fanfare, no spotlight, no goodbye season. TD announced today that he is going to retire, leaving behind an amazing career.

Feeling stuck one year post MBA
Post By @Guest1655"

I want to return to NYC (where my family and friends are) but I have not been getting much traction so far. It seems like I am at a big disadvantage given the huge talent pool in NYC and being a 3 hour flight away.

Innovative Amenities for Multifamily
Post By @CRE"

WSO, I am interested in seeing what kind of cool amenities you have came across when developing, selling, buying or living in apartment communities.

Fintech is going to kill Private Wealth Management jobs?
Post By @Fintechiscomming"

Is there a role for humans in the future of investment management besides sales and client relations? When will robots be able to attack the traditional industry's HNW and UHNW base? What start-ups are actually making the real managers worried?

“Demolition” (2015) Movie Review: Investment Banker Turned Construction Worker
Post By @Alibabes56"

Either investment banking really sucks, or they lack good Wall Street therapists. Either way, this movie shows the strange turns that the grieving process can take for a truly desperate person.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”