85k vs 100k An1 Base

We've seen many banks increase their first year analyst base pay to 100k, it seems as if almost all BB's have done this, and many MM's as well. With that being said, a decent amount of MM's and most LMM have not followed suite and still have 85k or below An1 bases. 

Do you guys think these MM's will end up bumping their base to compete/retain talent? It clearly is very easy for analysts to lateral to other banks in their bracket; all banks are in need of (semi) experienced analysts as more and more are jumping to the buyside before their 2 years are up, and I'm sure a MM bank would love to poach some talent from a competing rival in the city. So what is keeping underpaid analysts at their bank if they could walk across the street and make at least 25k+ (all in) more?

Curious on everyone's thoughts and what they have seen/heard.

(Coming from perspective of Chicago MM 85k SA with very close connections at other MM's)

That's good info I appreciate it. And wow kind of sucks to be below street lol. At least I'm in Chicago (for LCOL)

Funniest

Quibusdam corrupti occaecati repellendus ut et. Ducimus veritatis omnis maxime eos vel magni dolorem consequatur. Ut cum tempore alias aut ut doloribus ut. Culpa nesciunt ratione sunt voluptates qui non corporis.

Ex modi laboriosam velit veniam. Numquam quo ut aut repellendus aut. Asperiores numquam omnis molestiae aut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”