Hey y'all, I have just quit my asset management job of 2 years (mostly doing equity research work) and will be starting at big4 TAS (Transaction Advisory Services) in September as I look to make the switch into IB/PE further down the road (2/3 years later).
So far, I have the following ideas of what to do in the next 9 months, I would love to hear everyone else ideas:
- Move to Mexico/South America to do a Spanish language course and aim to become conversationally fluent.
- Travel through India, as have some friend travelling there and have never experienced life in a 3rd world country.
- Hike the Pacific Coastal Trial with a friend who is doing it (I would probably only want to do 500 miles out of the whole route of 2,600 miles)
- Move to a cheap developing country and learn how to code / build own projects. I have some coding experience and have some projects I want to work on in fintech and digital advertising.
- Stay in London and try to find a 6 month internship in an area I find super interesting (VC / ecommerce / digital advertising) but not necessarily related to IB/PE path I am aiming for in the future.
- Do a 6 month internship / full-time work in a foreign country (I am speaking to some startups in Philippines currently)
I managed to save enough money to be able to live in a low-cost developing country for all of that time if I stayed in London or any high cost city I would need to work, any other interesting ideas out there?
What would you do with 9 months free time?
p.s I am single and just turned 24 years old!