9/11, 20 Years Later: Always Remember, Never Forget

Hi all,

Tom Michaud, CEO of KBW, just gave a great interview on Bloomberg about his memories, and his company's response, to the September 11th attacks. Of the 172 employees in New York, 67 passed away. It was nice to hear his reflections on how they honor those that were lost, internships created for children of employees, and how other 'competitors' in the financial industry steered business their way to help the firm survive.

It really does seem like just yesterday and will remain etched in many of our minds. I was only in elementary school, but I can remember my Dad meeting my brother and I at the bus stop after school, which he never did. It was only later that day I learned my friend's mom was on one of the planes that went into the Twin Towers. I think about her, and the heroes that rushed into the building, facing almost certain death, to try and save others. It would be great to hear what you remember about that day, especially if there are a few old timers on the forum.

Some articles for the younger people on the forum worth reading:

KBW: 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014240531119047…

Sandler O'Neil: 

https://fortune.com/2015/09/11/september-11-sandl…

https://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_a…

The Man In The Red Bandana: 

Always Remember, Never Forget.

• Will

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (8)

Sep 10, 2021 - 3:18pm

Tbh I think it was a system error, had 5 in first minute of posting. Not concerned about MS, just wanted to post something before the weekend.

Few players recall big pots they have won, strange as it seems, but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career.
Sep 10, 2021 - 6:40pm

You got it, always good to reflect.

Few players recall big pots they have won, strange as it seems, but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career.
Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Sep 12, 2021 - 3:27pm

Gotta be a movie someday…

Sep 12, 2021 - 3:36pm

Eos dignissimos et aspernatur maiores adipisci. Quo doloribus quam voluptates laboriosam nemo et. Fugiat praesentium veniam dolores distinctio. Labore ut voluptas explicabo. Ipsam fugiat omnis nihil quia ipsam ad.

Ipsum soluta distinctio explicabo aut officiis alias temporibus. Tempora ducimus vitae aut quos in quis officiis. Voluptas voluptas voluptates aut ut aperiam.

Ducimus vel magni iure sit id tempore impedit occaecati. Dolorem consequatur aut laboriosam doloribus sequi.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

September 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (38) $367
  • Associates (217) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (130) $153
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (30) $147
  • Intern/Summer Associate (102) $144
  • 1st Year Analyst (478) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (375) $82