Destroy my CV - IB SA in London 2022

Hey, I'm currently a first year student doing physics at a semi-target uni in the UK. I've recently done a spring week at a BB in London, naturally it was virtual due to the pandemic as all spring weeks are this year. I've just added it to my CV which I hope to be using next year to applying for summer internships and obviously want to sort that as early as possible so I can apply straight away one applications open thus summer.

so please be as brutally honest with my CV as possible. 

Many thanks!

https://smallpdf(dot)com/result#r=011f1c0e0b54349…

I am sure there are lot more experienced that will be able to provide more guidance on content. But, overall looks good. Just on SPG and formatting: 1. I would run it through grammarly; 2. Finish sentences with periods; 3. You forgot to remove the bullet point before your work experience; 4. Don't use contractions (hadn't should be had not); and 5. I like to justify my text where I can (in your case the bullet points) but that seems to be personal preference for most.

Cheers will do that. What exactly do you mean by justify text? Do you just mean go into more detail? Obviously i dont wanna go over 1 page as im a 1st year uni student so its not like i have heaps if important experience

Justifying your text just means it distributes the text evenly across the document's margins. So on microsoft word there are four alignment settings, align left, align centre, align right and justify. 

You're right to keep it to one page.

Most Helpful

Hey OP, cool seeing a student post from Durham as I'm likely joining for Undegrad. I checked some 'ok' cvs and don't have the best knowledge compared to princepieman (I love this guy) but will try. I 'personally' think your technical skills should be replaced with 'skills' and add more substantial skill you can think of cause ur using 1 whole line just for 1 word=python(basic). But I don't know how important this so consult others on this.

Honestly, I need to sleep but ur last section is usually written as 'Additional' and should not be 10 lines of worth of Words. Hence, the name 'Additional'. Ur activities should be in a whole another section I THINK please no flame me but should be called E. C. If you think your header is necessary, please put the same header like in the CV. I think you can expand on ur E. C. and explain it in a better way which would be better than the 3 lines worth of cert and training, events.

Oh yeah, remove the 1 week thingamajig beside cause I have never seen any cv that does that. But please put it in if you feel its necessary cause I'm not the best.

You can check wso IB template though I have never used it caused I haven't entered undergrad. Heard good reviews about it.

Hoped I helped you! And good luck for ur summers! =)

Cheers for your reply.

this was a template I got from some finance website - I haven't changed any of the titles, and just put everything I've done where mentioned. 

The one week thing was done at a BB bank it was a spring week and we were told during the CV skills session to put it as work experience hence why it's there. Generally I too have struggled to find CVs which mention spring weeks but very few people do acc do them, which is hence why there's few around. Durham's finance society also say to include it so I have. 

Rerum quia provident est sit. Ut dolores quisquam odit consequatur illum reiciendis neque. Qui similique suscipit sunt veritatis accusantium pariatur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”