Feeling really lost and depressed, is an mba worth it for me?
just wanted to ask people here on whether or not a T10 mba makes sense in my situation:
- I am currently 26 years old with 4 years of W/E experience at S&P as a credit ratings analyst (got promoted once). Went to T50 undergrad
- I feel stuck, tried interviewing, got some credit risk offers at banks, but realized it's not what I wanna do
- I've been struggling with depression for 2 years due to social anxiety/isolation and just general lack of interest in my job, feel like a school environment could help with that
- think I'm interested in something more mentally stimulating and that pays better: maybe VC, , AM, IB
- I have 200k saved up (got lucky bought the dip in the stockmarket last year)
I am leaning towards applying as I feel like a reset would help me personally and professionally (I think surrounding myself with ambitious people and getting a brand name on my resume can help down the road.
My only worry is the cost, I have 200k saved but still questioning whether an mba is worth it for me and if it really has value in the long run, would appreciate it if someone could please advise