Hi everyone. I wanted to get some advice on offers I currently have from the perspective of breaking into Venture Capital. But before that a brief background:
- Edtech entrepreneur (2+ years, eventually closed)
- 3+ years of Product Management experience at two of the biggest e-commerce startups in India
- Fixed Income quant trader
- Top undergrad in India (IIT)
I currently have an admit from Cambridge MBA (Judge Business School). I know that's probably not a Tier 1 MBA, but I'm only looking at 1 year programs (I'm 30+) and Cambridge is very solid in tech, plus the brand works wonders in Asia. In any case, I have 10 months before the MBA and am looking to make a switch.
I currently have two offers:
1. Senior Product Manager at a unicorn ecommerce startup in India ( Salary: $170K in PPP terms)
2. India head of a Seed funded Chinese fintech startup that is expanding into India (Got this through a China based VC, who proposed that it would be a good idea to work with their portfolio company - before 'possibly
joining their VC firm post-MBA. Salary: $140K and 0.25% equity)
Please help me in evaluating these opportunities.
Find Your Mentor
- Increase your chance of landing a job by matching with one of our 200+ mentors.
- Our mentors are top employees at the most selective firms.
- Proven process with over 1,100 clients over 10 years.