This is retarded. The other list was prob the most accurate list Ive seen on this site. The reason it was good is because it helps delineate for students how much easier getting into IB is per each different school. Students can then use that data as a factor when deciding where to go to school (they will add in sports, girls, and fun into their individual evaluations and weight them to their preferences). Your shitty and lazy list puts Columbia into the same category as UVA... This doesn't help students when they realize all of UVA biz school is gunning for IB and that the % chance of getting into IB is much lower than at Columbia.

Mind you I didn't go to a target school (due to not being able to afford those schools/not being a resident in CA,VA, or MI) However, I have been at a BB and I do see where most students come from and the other list provides a much more realistic view of the chances of your "average" student at said school getting an IB offer. I know it looks ridiculous and as you say "autistic", but it gives students a better view and ultimately this is what will help them in their final determination of where to spend the next four years of their life and for some its an investment north of $280,000 (that's a house in most areas) so yeah it is important for them to know what they are getting themselves into and more info the better.

You don't think Columbia, which is in NYC, also has a bunch of kids gunning for IB? Columbia still a lot better than UVA, but it doesn't really matter which school you end up at. If you really want IB, you have to stand out regardless.

I agree that Columbia undoubtedly has many kids also gunning for IB, and I agree that at the end of the day it comes down to the individual (for the most part), however, I think that looking on an "average" student basis, coming from Columbia will give you a much better chance, and this is evidenced in offer rates as a % of those interested from a school like Columbia as opposed to UVA. Also, let's not forget that at top BB there are spots "reserved" for target schools and I know this first hand from speaking to both a recruiter and an MD who headed up a recruiting team for a specific school who said each school is allocated spots and then there is a general non-target recruiting team that deals with all other schools. This makes the chances even greater for those "super-targets"

You are an idiot. Random state schools are targets but dartmouth is not?

BRUH this is what im talking about. "Random state schools" smh. Dartmouth is a fine school and is definitely a target. I just forgot to put it in. I bet you're a real pussy slayer, huh? How much puss have you slayed bro

Most Helpful

this seems to come up time and time again, as it probably should given the importance of your pedigree in breaking in. Can the mods make like one master sticky list that’s like crowdsourced from like a survey of the WSO population and curated over time/updated every year or two if any new schools come into play. Otherwise it feels like there’s too many cooks in the kitchen and it gets beaten to death in confusion. particularly for the semi-targets and whatnot where there are so many cuspy names. no one should be putting up debates on Harvard vs. Princeton vs. Duke. etc. At that point seriously just go where you feel is the best fit. I can get why the semi-targets deserve conversation but it’s been attacked from every angle. would probably help all the high schoolers if there was a master survey on WSO from people that are certified 25 years and older who have been in the industry for at least 3 years and have the actual insight into the recruiting pipelines. I feel like that would be more value add than interns coming in back and forth. I’m sure this has changed, but When I was back in banking and part of the campus recruiting team, they literally had a list of all the schools that were allotted guaranteed super day slots and how many. so like Wharton would be like 14 and Harvard 15 and Duke 9 and Stern 10 and Penn State 3 and whatnot. really granular stuff that would lend much more insight.

Dolor sapiente commodi explicabo. Voluptas et minus repudiandae consequatur id quo incidunt.

Aut dolore accusamus et qui. Doloremque iste fuga et quasi qui aut. Quos ducimus quia natus sed.

Dolor quo minima dicta minus cumque debitis ea. Ut quis illum tempora est deserunt. Quia nam labore magnam numquam animi ipsam. Consequatur deserunt nesciunt eum quae dolores.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”