I am applying to the Msc in Finance programmes at LSE and HEC as I just received my GMAT scores. I am a bit worried because I will likely not receive my official GMAT scores until a couple weeks (late application will hurt my chances) plus my GMAT quant score is not stellar. Could you please tell me how likely do you think it is for me to get into the programs, considering my situation?
-GMAT: 710 (90%) Q47 V40
-Bachelor: Economics a target university in Spain with a 8.60/10 (8 out of a class of 160)
-1 year Exchange: University of Chicago: Booth (Economics, Corporate Finance, Strategic Management...)
-Recommendation letters: strong recommenders from UChicago, my home university and manager at the Consultancy.
-Statement of Purpose: Quite good in my opinion
- Actively participating at my University Consulting Association. Additionally I ended up 2nd in a Case Consulting Competition with a Jury of members of Bain, BCG and McKinsey and was invited at their recruiting process.
- Start Up co-founder. Lead the team in the Mobile World Congress Start Up competition & ended as European Semi Finalists.
- 2 summer Internships. first as a Financial Analyst at a well-known multinational and later on at a Strategy Consulting Boutique.
- Languages: Native Spanish and Catalan, Proficiency in English, Intermediate in French and very basic German.
I am worried because my quant score is not very high, and both programs have high average GMAT scores (LSE has a 720 if i recall).
Also, do you think I might be able to get any scolarships if I get in?
Financial Modeling Course
- Get An Edge For Your Interviews & Finance Career
- The Best (and Most Affordable) Financial Modeling Self-study Courses.
- WSO Members receive a 15% discount