Admitted to Imperial College Business School MSc Finance and LSE MSc Finance for 2019 intake! Which one would you recommend?

Hi,

I received my offer from Imperial College Business School today. Is the course worth it and what are the prospects after graduation? I have also applied to LSE MSc Finance but have not heard back yet. I am an Armenian national and I am trying to see what are the odds of getting a visa and staying in the UK or Europe and work there.

Update: I also received my offer from LSE. Which school would you recommend and why?

Rthur:
Hi,

I received my offer from Imperial College Business School today. Is the course worth it and what are the prospects after graduation? I have also applied to LSE MSc Finance but have not heard back yet. I am an Armenian national and I am trying to see what are the odds of getting a visa and staying in the UK or Europe and work there.

can you pls share your credentials? I've applied to the same programmes (no reply yet)

Rthur:
I am Armenian. Have graduated from American University of Armenia BA in Business with a GPA of 3.91/4. I had a few internships during my studies and received a GMAT score of 760. I received my offer from LSE today as well.

Remarkable profile mate.

Rthur:
Hi,

Obviously go for LSE. Imperial is a great school, with good placement, but it is not LSE/LBS/Oxbridge.

Congrats on the offer! Do you mind sharing your application timeline? I've also applied to Imperial BS in December and a final answer is still pending (response deadline is a week from today)

That's because you need to speak the local language in order to work in the investment banking/management consulting in Asia (unless you're in the middle/top management, then there are many spots for expats). I'm not sure about Hong Kong but Singapore is probably the only country in East Asia/South East Asia where you can get by with just English fine:

Unless OP is proficient in Japanese/Mandarin/Korean/whatever, staying in London will be his best bet.

I got into Imperial's more specialized Master's program (Climate change, management and finance) and I have 2 years of experience (small valuation shop). Would I need to recruit for graduate type of roles or experienced hires? Also does the major matter given that I have finance experience?

balmainmaybegucci:
I got into Imperial's more specialized Master's program (Climate change, management and finance) and I have 2 years of experience (small valuation shop). Would I need to recruit for graduate type of roles or experienced hires? Also does the major matter given that I have finance experience?

in which field?

Voluptatem et est sed ipsum. Facere quos repellat porro rem. Perferendis tempora ducimus nulla consequatur et ea magni. Molestiae voluptas doloribus maxime asperiores enim.

Delectus assumenda accusantium vel est ut ducimus. Accusantium id asperiores soluta error. Similique id beatae sint a similique. Fugiat totam pariatur quidem eos numquam dolores.

Adipisci nobis autem sint ut maxime. Possimus enim delectus sint iste maiores. Ut est dolor molestiae in. Tempora vel et repellat in. Est magni non quo consequuntur. Eos asperiores ducimus voluptatem eum rem velit. Perspiciatis voluptatum non doloribus alias. Vitae earum doloribus perferendis numquam ex.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”