I want an honest evaluation of my chances in consulting...
I am an undergrad major in Marketing at a top B-school in Canada with a GPA of 3.7. Currently working at the Canadian division of a Fortune 500 firm - 2 years of experience so far as a brand manager.
I am evaluating whether I should go to Ivey or UofT for a 2nd chance at. I say 2nd, because I made a feeble attempt during undergrad (e.g. I got an interview with , but didn't get past 1st round - I hadn't prepped for cases properly).
There are a few considerations:
- Ivey is a 1 year program, so will I have enough time to get my ducks in a row?
- Although top consulting firm hire at U of T, most hires seem to have an engineering background
I also have a few specific questions:
- Do you guys think I have been "blacklisted" at because I failed my first attempt?
- Are there any Canucks out there working at top consulting firms (e.g. ) with an MBA at either of those schools and what's your POV?
- Do I have any chance of getting recruited through a headhunter at MBB or 2nd tier firm pre-MBA or is my best 2nd shot post-MBA?
- My current salary is around 65K...how much can I expect to earn relative to this at MBB post-MBA? This is so I can do a cost-benefit analysis. :)
Thanks everyone sincerely for your advice!