Advices on my M&A career
Hi! I need your advices about my future career in M&A.
- Living in Benelux (Europe)
- Master's degree in Management with a major in Finance (magna cum laude)
- 22 years old and no relevant work experience
- Long term goal (35-40 years old): CFO of a middle-sized company or CEO of my own company
I need your advices on the career path I should take as I have three work offers in M&A:
1) Small M&A boutique, in my home town, (relative low COL) working on small-sized deals.
2) Big4 M&A, in the capital city, (relative high COL) working on middle-sized deals.
3) Elite Boutique, in the capital city, working on middle-sized deals.
In my opinion the pros for each path are:
Pros of boutique: great exposure to C-level, high work diversity, high responsibility, on average 40-50 working hours/week (thus, higher salary/hours worked ratio).
Pros of Big4: a way to meet young graduates (and to build a strong network and make friends), quite prestigious.
Pros of EB: very prestigious, working with very intelligent people, higher salary.
What are your thoughts? What path should I choose?
NB: If I can provide with more details on anything, feel free to ask!