Another grim milestone: 2000 deaths a day

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/21/health/us-coronavi…

Death rate in lowest vaccinated states are 4X the highest.  Get the damn shot, people!  

For the young people who think they’ll survive: permanent lung damage, brain fog, and erectile dysfunction are not worth it!

It's so sad because I kinda feel this way too. I was excited that the vaccine was coming out and got it pretty early on, but now that I'm seeing people forcing it onto others and wishing death on the unvaccinated I kind of wish I didn't get it. That being said, I will never get a "booster." 

Can confirm - I’ve noticed all of these symptoms since I’ve recovered.

Lung damage is not because I smoke everyday.

Brain fog is not because I have adhd.

Erectile dysfunction is not because I have whiskey dick.

ITS ALL COVIDS FAULT

Thank you for such an informative post.

I'll just leave this here (link below).  I'm sorry if you don't want to face it but ~75% of all covid deaths have come from people over the age of 65.  Not exactly the prime age contributing to society. I know this might get MS, and Drumpfy is probably going to try an argue,  but we are generally losing old people from the disease and this hysteria needs to come to an end. I know it is tough to lose older loved ones, but they are at the end of their lives.  Please go read Being mortal by Atul Gawande, I think it will change your perspective on how to take care of the old.  

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1191568/reported-deaths-from-covid-…

Not incorrect, but if you look at graphs showing the historical change in this trend, many more younger people are dying now than 12 months ago and this trend will continue as long as people refuse the vaccine and the virus mutates. Additionally, if you look at graphs of cases by age, it is disproportionately affecting younger people; something that has also worsened from 12 months ago. Look, no one is debating that COVID-19 is mainly a disease and leading cause of mortality in the elderly, but the rate of penetration it has had into younger, "healthier" demographics is alarming. This will only continue to get worse.

The Pharma Guy

Not incorrect, but if you look at graphs showing the historical change in this trend, many more younger people are dying now than 12 months ago and this trend will continue as long as people refuse the vaccine and the virus mutates.

Do you have the source for this?  

An just based off what you linked how does raw numbers help us.  To me it looks like the link you provided for Cases by age follow pretty well with the general census population.  

https://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-03.pdf

He should have done the vaccine mandate as soon as vaccines became available.  Declared war on the anti-vaccine governors early on.  In fact, it would have made it easier for Republicans to win elections without them dropping like flies to own the libs!

Do you disagree with medical freedom? By your logic, the government needs to step in and close down every fast food company in the country, they cause an awful lot more death, disease, and health care strain than COVID could in its wildest dreams.  Same goes for sugar companies, junk food makers, etc..  You can't just pick some arbitrary disease and decide to upend society for that, especially when it's not even the worst one, not by a long shot.  The real strain on the american healthcare system is the number of fat asses that refuse to do anything about it.  

First of all, if medical freedom was about refusing vaccines, then fuck that.  I had to get a bunch of vaccines to go to school as a kid, and I intend on keeping it that way and not getting diseases that we should have eradicated years ago.  Exhibit A: Hasidic Jews getting measles  

Second of all, "what about unhealthy food" is quite literally.... whataboutism, which seems to be the only argument most of you have.  Either way, the voices against Mike Bloomberg's sugary drink ban and Michelle Obama's healthy school lunches were pretty much all conservatives, so yeah, they wanna get you fat too

randomguy97

Do you disagree with medical freedom? By your logic, the government needs to step in and close down every fast food company in the country, they cause an awful lot more death, disease, and health care strain than COVID could in its wildest dreams.  Same goes for sugar companies, junk food makers, etc..  You can't just pick some arbitrary disease and decide to upend society for that, especially when it's not even the worst one, not by a long shot.  The real strain on the american healthcare system is the number of fat asses that refuse to do anything about it.  

This is bullshit on it's face.  If you want to stuff your face with junk food, the only person that suffers is you (and the taxpayer who has to cover your medical cost, which is another story - we absolutely should tax the shit out of fast food).  A better example is smoking - second hand smoke harms others, which is why in many places you cannot smoke indoors anymore.  Similarly, refusing to be vaccinated allows the virus a better chance to mutate and infect even those who are vaccinated.  Not to mention continues to put broadly unvaccinated populations such as children at risk.

Not getting a vaccine is a choice that has an impact on others.  If I walk out my door every day, close my eyes, and shoot a gun in the direction of the neighbors house, the odds of me hurting anyone are extremely small.  But you can be damn sure my neighbors and the police would have something to say about it.  Refusing the vaccine is the same - you are knowingly and deliberately putting others in harms way, even if it's a small chance.

Most Helpful
randomguy97

That fact that healthcare is crazy expensive due in large part to the obesity epidemic definitely has ramifications on every single person that interact with the US healthcare system. 

OK... and I can also see that the education system, despite it's expense, clearly missed out on giving you a decent education, seeing as you have the reading comprehension of a 5 year old.

Did you not see the part where I explicitly mentioned that the healthcare system is expensive and that the obese are a major drag on the taxpayer, and that something should be done about that?  Obviously not.  However, it's immaterial to the argument at hand, because my obesity doesn't impact your health - maybe in a third or fourth degree manner, as services are overstretched sometimes and thus less treatment is available for serious illness, but I really don't think that's an impactful argument.  Especially since you'd have to make the same, and far more immediate, case that COVID is causing massive triage issues as the unvaccinated eat up scarce hospital resources.

Unvaccinated idiots allow the virus to mutate and reduce our ability to get to herd immunity, which is a direct secondary threat to my health.  And, of course, if they're using up valuable hospital resources, I may not get the care I need if I come in with an unrelated illness/injury - you hear stories about this every day, so it's not some phantom issue.

At this point, we should stop treating unvaccinated people with COVID.  It's a choice.  Every mouth breathing MAGA idiot who decided to own the libs by not vaccinating should be allowed the logical consequence of their "freedoms" - a messy death.  Freedom to choose does not mean freedom from consequence.  I smoke and drink - I won't be upset when I'm at the back of the line for a lung or liver transplant, should I need it.

Right because everyone still catching "Delta" despite being vaccinated is just an anomaly. Look at Israel and Iceland, they have the highest vaccinated population in the world but what is happening there? 

I am not taking a shot at mRNA, it does minimize the effects of covid but to say that it flat out prevents every single person from catching covid is just clearly incorrect. 

How did I know this was a Drumpfy post by just looking at the title

How much are you getting paid to constantly shill on WSO? Real talk you don't work in finance, your politics clearly aren't in line with the majority here and 90% of your posts/comments are related to how scary Covid and its 99% survival rate is. The UK is abandoning its pandemic measures, so are Denmark and Norway. The pandemic has been essentially ended in Japan and other places through the use of Ivermectin. The most highly vaccinated countries in the world are having their worst outbreaks on record (e.g. Israel & Singapore) so clearly those aren't doing jack shit, plus it's already admitted in the US they don't even work well enough to stop you from getting the disease in the first place and will need continuous boosters. I have a hard time believing even you are this pathetically stupid, so my next best guess is that you're being compensated to make this much of a fool of yourself. 

Most major banks and hedge funds are not letting unvaccinated employees return to the office.  Fragile libertarians are a loud but vocal majority in finance and elsewhere.

Ivermectin is a horse dewormer and is ineffective at stopping COVID.

Drumpfy

Most major banks and hedge funds are not letting unvaccinated employees return to the office.  Fragile libertarians are a loud but vocal majority in finance and elsewhere.

Ivermectin is a horse dewormer and is ineffective at stopping COVID.

And Ibuprofen by your logic then is dog medicine. Humans and animals can use the same medications and over 4 BILLION doses of Ivermectin have been given to humans around the world. It's so widely used and effective that it won a Nobel prize for its use in humans and it has become the drug of choice by the Japanese health association among many others to treat Covid. The only people riding the dead claim that it does nothing for Covid are Western media and their single largest source of advertising revenue, the pharmaceutical companies that make the fucking vaccines. You're so painfully stupid that part of me hopes that the conspiracy theorists are right and the vaccines do sterilize people just so you can't continue to pollute the gene pool. 

Remember to get vaccinated, wear a mask AND respect social distancing. Because the vaccines totally changed the situation now and you will not have to face the same restrictions as when you let liberal sociopaths ruin your life.

Want your freedoms back? Liberals to the sun. .

Never discuss with idiots, first they drag you at their level, then they beat you with experience.

Voluptatum perspiciatis et nihil commodi eum. Quia officia corporis accusantium. Doloribus repellat aliquid voluptatibus quaerat est.

Consequatur in fuga dolorem aliquam. Inventore eum animi nam. Nobis et dolores odio facere ut.

Quis ut amet sed dignissimos. Velit qui maiores itaque modi.

Veniam laudantium tempora amet. Labore voluptatem aut natus neque. Pariatur dolore commodi eveniet ratione unde iure quidem.

Pariatur quasi non doloribus eaque et. Dolore reprehenderit rerum reprehenderit veniam cum officia. Iure id saepe omnis animi doloremque et.

Quia commodi iusto quisquam quia quaerat qui. Vitae maiores accusantium dolorum sapiente voluptatem quaerat alias. Tenetur aut expedita voluptas qui doloremque ab. Nesciunt assumenda molestiae tempore et.

Pariatur fuga incidunt voluptatem quisquam error. Praesentium dolores accusamus nostrum est et.

Earum neque illo saepe iure suscipit labore adipisci. Tempore sequi molestiae commodi quis maiores iure qui. Et doloribus repellat et.

Never discuss with idiots, first they drag you at their level, then they beat you with experience.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”