Are you happy with your SMU experience and job opportunities available out of school? Any other commentary?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- There was an earlier thread that mentioned more and more people felt that it was OK to renege an offer, especially in a recruiting timeline that's so butchered and prolonged (Apparently March - Present). Coming from an undergraduate student's POV, it seems that it would make sense to...+134 by BBEGal in IB
- Fellow Primates - so it's been about ~8(?) years since we've taken a look at our logo/branding and we think it's time for a refresh -- our designers almost vomit when they look at our current icon and we have some major initiatives coming where a refreshed look would help. ...+70 by WallStreetOasis.com in OFF
- Bernie Sanders is emerging as shaping this democratic primary field. Something he says a lot, in response to nearly every question, is "we need to transform this economy".
In the questions related to Trump comments about Baltimore, somehow, he says something like, "Donald...+52 by iBankedUp in OFF
- Simple yes or no with an explanation if you seem fit.
Do you believe illegal immigrants should receive free healthcare?
Do you believe there should be a barrier at the border? (Wall, Fence)
Do you believe ICE should be abolished?
If Pablo an illegal immigrant is...+41 by Shrek2OnDVD in OFF
- I have an opportunity to move to a position in my company that would be great experience and provide a career progression opportunity that I've been looking for.
This post isn't necessarily about the position, because I've networked and talked with enough people on the current...+33 by nbuch in RE
- Have been on-and-off WSO for a while now, thought it was time to give back. Feel free to ask away
Background: previously in a top RX group (PJT, Laz, HL) that joined a >$5bn multi-strat credit fund that invests across the capital structure (1L, 2L, mezz, prefs, etc.). Went to a semi-target...+21 by TurnUpforWhat in HF
After taking a relatively non-traditional path (broken out below), I'm now in my second year at a well-regarded corporate fund focused on that invests in healthcare (HCIT / Devices / Services) companies across the full life-cycle (seed => LBOs alongside PE megafunds). Happy to...+17 by The Stranger in PE
- Just immigrated to the US, and I am not familiar with American politics.
I come from a place where I am told to leave politics at home when you come to work, but I was surprised to overhear quite a lot of discussions about politics here.
I know that different cultures have different ways...+16 by MoBananas in OFF
- Basically I got a call from HR on a Thursday saying my work visa transfer got denied so I had to pack up and leave the US by Monday. Currently overseas sorting out my situation - my girlfriend and all my friends stateside, as well as my family here, are still in shock.
Background: I'm an...+14 by iWanderWhy in IB
- Please rank the 4 undergraduate programs in order of best to least with regards to IB. Stern #2 only to Wharton according to U.S News, but most on this site seem to disagree. +13 by standruckenmiller69 in IB
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Aug07Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 8/7-8/98:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Aug07Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- Chicago, 8/7-8/98:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Aug13FP&A Technical Mastery – New York City, 8/13-8/158:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Aug14Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- Toronto, 8/14-8/168:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Aug14Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- San Francisco, 8/14-8/168:00 to 5:00 EDT Online