Anyone hear back from Girls Who Invest 2021?

I'm curious. Does anyone have insight if this program is very competitive/prestigious this year? I have an offer from a F100 company finance intern. Not sure if I should do GWI instead. I kinda want to hear other people's thoughts on this program. 

Did anyone else on here get in? Are you going to accept?

I'm a dude, but GWI is insane. Besides being extremely well-connected or lucky it's probably the only way to intern at top, top-tier buy-side firms as a sophomore. F100 finance internship or investing at Baupost, GMO, Wellington, Oaktree, etc. It's a no-brainer to me, having very strong buy-side experience makes junior year recruiting much easier.

Thank you for the response! We don't get internship firm placements until April and I already have an offer at F100 corp fin role. Would you say that ANY firm placement through GWI is better than the F100? Wondering if there's any situation where F100 would be better than GWI, but it seems like there isn't

All the partner firms are highly reputed so even if they have minimal clout on WSO people in the industry know them. You're switching from corporate finance at a massive firm to a much leaner, front-office investing role it should be a massively better experience and better on the resume no matter where you go. 100% go for it, all the GWI women I know have landed exactly what they wanted for junior summer.

Most Helpful

I'm a guy who's incredibly jealous of this program. If you get in then you should 100% take this offer over anything except a guaranteed offer at a place like BX/KKR/etc. because any internship you get through GWI will beat your run of the mill local PE shop internship. As mentioned above, it gives you a serious chance at interning at a place like KKR/Baupost/etc. I've also known a few people who did it that landed prestigious PE internships and have no regrets from it. Now they're interning at top IBs next year (banks on the GS/MS/JPM/EVR/Q/Laz/PJT caliber)

i'm a guy, but you should 100% take the GWI opportunity if you can.  the connections that program has along with the paths i've seen it open up for some of my female connections that have gone through it is truly incredible.  I interned with a girl who got the internship through that program and she was by far the smartest and most interesting person in our internship class, so I assume you'll get connected with a lot of future female leaders and overall interesting people if you go through the program.  good luck!

I was waitlisted & just received an email with an offer for the Online Intensive. For anyone who didn’t get the opportunity, what do you plan on doing this summer? Do you have a plan b? Or for those who applied last year & didn’t get in, what did you end up doing in the summer?

I was a GWI summer intensive scholar a few years ago and it’s absolutely life changing. Even if you aren’t assigned the exact type of firm you want this program gives you access to one of the top networks on Wall Street. Pair that with the Ivy League boot camp you go through and the experience is invaluable. There isnt a single girl that doesn’t place well afterwards given scholars are targeted by top firms even years after the program. You are respected for being a part of the program but more than that the cohort of girls you are with is top tier and given everyone is of a similar intensity this leads to incredible friendships. If you have the chance, take it. You will never regret it. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions about the program.

Hi! I am a freshman very interested in applying next year. Do you have any advice for someone trying to best prepare themselves for application season this fall?

Suscipit omnis quo in. Repellendus rerum sunt quidem. Occaecati officia eos dolorem quibusdam sint. Ab eius voluptate dolorem rerum suscipit ipsam. Cumque suscipit amet autem nulla magnam ipsum.

Aut at voluptas qui delectus laborum illo aut est. Explicabo reiciendis et eius ipsum sit. Sit cumque ducimus consequatur quidem autem quia.

Quasi reiciendis soluta dolor sint eum possimus autem. Ad atque et natus necessitatibus. Quidem qui cupiditate sit et voluptate maxime numquam laborum. Qui aperiam fugiat corrupti asperiores. Perspiciatis iusto voluptate vel delectus ea quos.

Enim voluptatem recusandae placeat dolorem consequatur cum. Occaecati optio temporibus perferendis ratione sit autem incidunt quae. Aliquid rerum praesentium omnis non ratione dolor ratione earum.

Dicta dicta vitae nihil sequi ut pariatur tempore qui. Doloribus non modi nam quas pariatur et. Omnis quos unde consectetur nulla. Tempore dolor enim atque qui consequatur aliquam.

Sint similique id assumenda blanditiis esse deserunt. Sed voluptas officia voluptatem sint non. Et mollitia magni consequatur aspernatur mollitia. Necessitatibus voluptatibus odio voluptatem velit at commodi molestias.

Porro voluptatem omnis est magni sed itaque est. Eligendi magnam consequatur aliquam cupiditate. Numquam atque ea repudiandae et. Eum quis libero vel maiores.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”