Anyone recruiting for Glencore 2021 Oil Trading Graduate scheme UK?

Hey guys,

I applied to Glencore 2021 Oil Trading grad scheme about a month ago, no response yet other than confirming it had been received. Wondering if anyone else in the process has heard anything yet or if I should give up hope.

Also thread for discussing the application process I guess

Anyone applying to them in US?  When I look on LinkedIn, it looks like there were interns this past summer, but nothing is posted for 2021.

Does anyone have any news on Glencore recruitment process this year? As I understand each year that have a networking event where they pre-select some candidates. Was wondering if this they had something like this (in video format?)?

Two ways of getting a call back for Glencore London:

• You come from a target school in UK where Glencore regularly visits to recruit.
  • Before applying you had networked well enough for someone to back your application.

If you do not satisfy any one of these criteria its going to be super rare to receive a call unless your prior internship was for BP in their S&T division.

Most Helpful

Complete bs for the first one.

Got invited to the first stage of the process last year (presentation + networking event held at The Mayfair). Plenty of semi-target kids there (including myself) and a handful of non-target kids. Some folks weren't even at university, they'd just graduated and hadn't found a job yet. Nowhere near as "elitist" towards kids who aren't at targets as you've made it out to be.

Can confirm princepieman's experience.

Did the whole process last year, there were some semi-targets & unemployed grads in the first round 'assessed networking'. I seem to remember HR told me there were 2x (2 separate days in a hotel in Mayfair) 100-ish candidates invited to the first stage. HR gave a presentation where they said that the average grad at Glencore can make 500K GBP/year in 5 years and consequently every candidate got a massive erection.

I came in not knowing much about physical oil, didn't attend a target, but had previous S&T exp and made a strong impression on some of the senior traders - I said something along the lines of "it's my life calling to be a BSD trader" and got invited to the next round.

Virtually no one progressed to the second stage. After that it was interview with senior traders, AC (trading sim + negotation), and final round interviews (5). Each stage on a different week - involved a lot of travel for me as I didn't study in London and had to take the train back and forth every week. Roughly half the candidates passed each stage. 2 people got offers in the end... probs one of the longest assessment processes

Thanks for the info, I had no idea that the procedure is like that. Oil industry was not at a good place at the start of the year, and honestly some people were panicking. Now the situation is a little better, but it is peculiar how countries that rely on oil are changing their policies because they have realized that their oil will end one day. It is fun reading stories like that https://www.economist.com/business/2020/05/07/the-buoyant-oil-traders . You should know all about it before you start working with it that much.

Aut nam excepturi et molestiae. Dignissimos nemo optio molestiae id dolores.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
numi's picture
numi
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”