Are G35s/G37s More Guido than 335is

Brief Poll :

In re: to my car getting decision, Frieds asked me what I was going to get and I said probably a 335i... he suggested a G35/G37 coupe which I promptly replied 'guidos drive those' an he said that the 335i is more of a guido car than the infinitis

THOUGHTS OPINIONS?!

Well, I'm going to be the one to say it first but on a scale of Guido Cars you have The IROC-Z as the king of the Guido Cars. Followed by the Mustang and then then BMW 328/335. I've seen very few Guidos driving the Infiniti. It's more of a ricer car than a guido ride.

turtles:
g35 is a better bargain. 335 is a better car. but... i'd get an audi s4 if i were you

I want an S4 =(

Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into SWANSONS.

shorttheworld:
no altering the topic of discussion :P it just purely whether the Gs or the 335is are more guido

I don't really know about which one is more Guido...all I know is that people driving G35/37s are basically the same faggy douchebags that drive Maximas with full tints and chrome rims (probably guidos now that I think about it). In both cases, I want them to die.

Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into SWANSONS.

harvardgrad08:
they are both major guido cars...albeit a guido 335i is usually 5-6 years old with 80K+ miles on it that they bought used for under 20K...hood rich.

qft

"You stop being an asshole when it sucks to be you." -IlliniProgrammer "Your grammar made me wish I'd been aborted." -happypantsmcgee

Sicilian from Brooklyn here. While both cars are predominantly driven by guidos, the convertible is more guidette. You could get a definitive answer to your question by visiting any number of guido establishments in Brooklyn and looking at the diversity (or lack thereof) of vehicles the valets are parking.

Nuc:
Sicilian from Brooklyn here. While both cars are predominantly driven by guidos, the convertible is more guidette. You could get a definitive answer to your question by visiting any number of guido establishments in Brooklyn and looking at the diversity (or lack thereof) of vehicles the valets are parking.

Since when are there valets in Brooklyn? Or are you counting the homeless guy you pay five bucks to keep an eye on your Honda Civic?

Edmundo Braverman:
Nuc:

Since when are there valets in Brooklyn? Or are you counting the homeless guy you pay five bucks to keep an eye on your Honda Civic?

Eddie this is what areas like Bensonhurst and Dyker Heights have (d)evolved into over the years. It is unfortunately nothing like the place I grew up in.

Audis are great, but have more problems on average than BMWs or Mercedes. Go with an E350/500 with the sport package. Unbelievable ride, plenty of power, and of course a tasteful, luxurious interior. Everyone has a 3 series or S4, show some class and get the Benz. I assure you, you will be very happy you did.

If you are not competing, you are losing.

Being from (Northern) NJ I can tell you they are both driven by guidos; some of them are HS friends. The "can they afford 60K cars" argument doesn't work because while they cannot, their parents can.

I drive a G35 and I'm not a guido. I'm also from the south though.

In my experience, Infiniti offers the best value of all the luxury brands. I've had a few days with a G37 sedan whenever my car gets serviced. For the price (substantially less than the entry-level cars of competitors) you get a much more powerful car with sportier handling. The fit and finish inside has met or exceeded the German brands. And reliability. Who cares how super-awesome your car is if it's in the shop every two months for something stupid (door window motors breaking). I've had my car from 25k miles and it's about to break 100k with no major issues.

Just know what you're getting into. I LOVE my car, but if given the chance would not have gotten the sports wheel package. While staggered 19 inch wheels (20 inches in the back, 19 in the front) are awesome for aesthetics and performance, the cost to replace them in the different sizes is ridiculous.

My next car will be a G37 or the 335is with the Vishnu performance tune. Instant M3 killer. I'm a mix of English, Irish, Scottish, and other western european countries... not a guido.

Connor:
oldmansacks:
Hyundai Genesis Coupe, non-guido, cheap, fast as hell. only problem i saw when i took it for a spin was a not so flashy interior.
Over-priced piece of shit made by the Koreans.
Hey baby want to take a spin in my Hyundai? I thought so...

Both are guido. I'd say 335i is more guido consider ALL of JS cast drove one last season or two seasons ago. Also do not get an is just get an M3 if you're looking at an is. You don't look guido so why does it matter if your car does?

The answer to your question is 1) network 2) get involved 3) beef up your resume 4) repeat -happypantsmcgee WSO is not your personal search function.

Connor:
I don't think I could ever downgrade from my A8

A7 or s7..but then again that would be an upgrade. What year is the a8

The answer to your question is 1) network 2) get involved 3) beef up your resume 4) repeat -happypantsmcgee WSO is not your personal search function.

The old e46 M3 is an amazing car,in my opinion. It's styling holds up incredibly well. I think it might even be better looking than the new model. You could find an '04 - '06 model with low mileage for a good price, I bet. Obviously, it'd be useless in the snow.

I'm also assuming you know how to drive a stick.

TheKing:
The old e46 M3 is an amazing car,in my opinion. It's styling holds up incredibly well. I think it might even be better looking than the new model. You could find an '04 - '06 model with low mileage for a good price, I bet. Obviously, it'd be useless in the snow.

The SMG tranny on those old M3's is so nice too.

Connor:
TheKing:

The SMG tranny on those old M3's is so nice too.
love some trannys

TheKing:

Nice. I'm the analyst with an LSB E46 M3 :) And no, it's not useless in snow. Put on the OEM 18" wheels with normal sized winter tires and it's fine. I drive it in winter too.

G35 / G37... def guido

335 in north jersey / westchester it's kinda a guido car....non guidos have it too? central jersey it's a girls high school graduation gift from her parents (least where I grew up)

That being said, I love 335's, I think you're safe as long as you don't get it in white w/ tints and black rims... if you do, you have more problems than anyone here can help you with

Fuck the new BMW Idrive crap. It takes an hour to set the fucking thing up. What you need is a 94 911 turbo limited. One of the greatest cars ever made.

Or a steam car, those bitches once they get hot will blow most modern cars away off the line.

Follow the shit your fellow monkeys say @shitWSOsays Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

heister:
Or a steam car, those bitches once they get hot will blow most modern cars away off the line.

Steam power would literally put the population of the middle east back into tents if it weren't for the miserable weight:horsepower ratio. Some of the steam engines built by Nat Herreshoff in the late 1800's would put today's engineers to shame.

Plus some of the old Stanley Steamers just look bad ass:

Edmundo Braverman:
heister:

Steam power would literally put the population of the middle east back into tents if it weren't for the miserable weight:horsepower ratio. Some of the steam engines built by Nat Herreshoff in the late 1800's would put today's engineers to shame.

Plus some of the old Stanley Steamers just look bad ass:

This was a good piece...

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/1906-stanley-steamer-vanderbilt-cup…

Regards

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

IMO cant go wrong with a 2005-06 M3, its a great car, fantastic handling. It is the most practical sports car you can buy. Dont buy the Range Rover unless you want to look like a pampered housewife or a rapper.

The only Japanese sports cars worth buying...

• Honda NSX
  • Nissan GTR
  • Honda S2000
  • Mazda RX7 & RX8
  • Honda CRX (if you were a girl in the 90s)

For all else just buy a normal 1.8 litre car to get you from A to B and drop the sporting pretensions... you will save money and not look like an idiot. (i might add the Mistubishi Evo to the list above, but looks far too ugly/little boy racer).

The entire infiniti range looks like it's trying too hard. It's pretty clear that you want the BMW, just go for it. My ex-girlfriend had one (335i coupe). Its a great car, but looks like any other 3 series coupe. There are more interesting options out there, but it doesn't seem like you would be open to them...

Relinquis:
The only Japanese sports cars worth buying...
  • Honda NSX
  • Nissan GTR
  • Honda S2000
  • Mazda RX7 & RX8
  • Honda CRX (if you were a girl in the 90s)

For all else just buy a normal 1.8 litre car to get you from A to B and drop the sporting pretensions... you will save money and not look like an idiot. (i might add the Mistubishi Evo to the list above, but looks far too ugly/little boy racer).

The entire infiniti range looks like it's trying too hard. It's pretty clear that you want the BMW, just go for it. My ex-girlfriend had one (335i coupe). Its a great car, but looks like any other 3 series coupe. There are more interesting options out there, but it doesn't seem like you would be open to them...

This is a pretty bad list. I used to have an RX8 before I got the G35 and I can tell you it's a worse car in every way fathomable. It's more of a chick car than a late 90s V6 mustang convertible. It has no soul at all when you drive it and you'll be passed by any V6 sedan on the road. CRX's are for wannabe Latin Kings around here so I'd stay pretty far away from any of them. 99.9% of people that see you drive around in an S2000 will think you're in a Miata... no explanation needed on that. So GTR and NSX are both great cars, but there is plenty else out there.

I do enjoy BMWs (prefer Mercs, and think Audi's are the redheaded stepchild of the german manufacturers) but with any 3 series, you're paying so much more for a car that can't outperform an Infiniti in any performance, reliability, or fit/finish test and paying $10,000 more.

M's are nice, but give me a GTR any day.

If you want a real German car, get a CLK63 AMG Black Series.

Edit: As I said, if you get a 335i and go with Vishnu tuning, that's acceptable too. http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2012/02/vishnu-tweaks-the-bmw-…

shortleworld, the S2000 handle's beautifully, as does the RX8 (if you want torque get a Ford F-150 pick up), either are a better option than the infinities you are contemplating. That's what matters in a sports car... handling, looks & is it fun to drive...

DSM GSX is a mustang, right? i don't know what a a talon is. Just get a BMW, its the expected corporate choice...

They are both nice cars, I just got an Infiniti G37 IPL and it drives/handles pretty much the same as any other G37. My buddy has a M3, which is pretty sweet. Being perceived as a guido depends on how you drive the car and what sort of modifications you do to it. If you have your windows down and BPM blasting then you're a tool.

I had the e46 M3 before family life. Best car I've ever owned. I will echo one of the sentiments above and suggest you get one of those used with low mileage.

As far as the guido factor, i think the 335 is more guido than the infinitis.

"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed." Theodore Roosevelt

Mercs? Mercs are for corporate bureaucrats, soccer moms and girlfriends... (depending on the model). The last cool Merc that a normal person could afford was the old shaped SL from the late 90s.

Did you not enjoy the RX8's handling in the corners? I only drove one once and thought it was ok. It might be soulless, but i can't see how an CLK Merc (regardless of what engine you drop into it) is any more soulful. Anyway, I'm not sure that they make the RX8 anymore. There are very few cool Japanese cars nowadays, I think the OP should stick with the BMW or something more interesting from the other thread.

I think Infinities are ugly even by Japanese and American standards. Just my opinion, I'm sure others share it.

Relinquis:
Mercs? Mercs are for corporate bureaucrats, soccer moms and girlfriends... (depending on the model). The last cool Merc that a normal person could afford was the old shaped SL from the late 90s.

Did you not enjoy the RX8's handling in the corners? I only drove one once and thought it was ok. It might be soulless, but i can't see how an CLK Merc (regardless of what engine you drop into it) is any more soulful. Anyway, I'm not sure that they make the RX8 anymore. There are very few cool Japanese cars nowadays, I think the OP should stick with the BMW or something more interesting from the other thread.

I think Infinities are ugly even by Japanese and American standards. Just my opinion, I'm sure others share it.

It was fine on autocross courses and when I took it to the tail of the dragon on the NC/TN border. But in daily driving opportunities? Where I live it's all straight roads and highways. Onramps aren't even fun... There was rarely a moment when it felt really rewarding to drive.

As far as the merc, this describes it for me. Just a car that you enjoy waking up to drive. Every time you turn the key you know you're going to have a good time, even if you're just going to get groceries.

Opinions on aesthetics will obviously vary from person to person, but I like the bold styling of Infiniti. Much more so than BMW's approach of making every car look almost exactly the same (Although I do love the old M coupe, and the new Z4M). The visual differences between a 328 and an M3 are extremely subtle. Every time I look at my G I still get the same giddy feeling the first time I saw one in high school.

Best Response
shorttheworld:
Brief Poll :

In re: to my car getting decision, Frieds asked me what I was going to get and I said probably a 335i... he suggested a G35/G37 coupe which I promptly replied 'guidos drive those' an he said that the 335i is more of a guido car than the infinitis

THOUGHTS OPINIONS?!

I think it depends on what part of the country you're in.

That's why in the other thread I suggested to just get a 335 (it's a good car that could be temporary which you could sell fast once you graduate OR a longer-term "beater/commuter" car while you spend $$$ on your weekend car).

Others have chimed in on this and I haven't been to the south for an extended period of time, but I don't know if there's a lot of guidos in the south haha

In other words, if you were in LA I would say you could get a used (or even new) Porsche 911 and you could enjoy your car without drawing unwanted attention. But that may not be the same as in Durham or in many parts of the country. I mean, I'm sure in some parts of the country any BMW is considered a "rich person's car" or an upper middle class car whereas in places like LA, NY or SF it's perceived in the same way many other places perceive the Honda Accord - as a regular commuter.

Regardless of what car you drive, it comes down to how you drive it and what mods you do to it, and whether you blast your music loud enough for everyone to hear (equivalent of the guy in the 1980s carrying around a large stereo on his shoulder blasting his music). For example, cars could be completely subtle and/or unnoticed, or you add chrome rims (or chrome everything), heavily tinted windows, and blasting cheesy techno as you drive by - whether it's a 335 or G35/G37 would be besides the point.

Alex Chu www.mbaapply.com

all the g35s/g37s where i live are driven by thug wanna be tamils or other indian races trying to be gangster because of the terrible resale values on these cars.

yeah the 335 attracts some douches as well, but the n54 motor has a real cult following and tuning options are vast and varied.

+100 on the comments about the e46 m3. it's a car that will never go out of style and i always have the utmost respect when i see a properly maintained one on the road.

if you do however just want the status symbol you can always get an s4/s5, but i could honestly blindfold myself and throw my flaccid penis in any random direction and hit 5 of them. boring.

zenaku:
if you do however just want the status symbol you can always get an s4/s5, but i could honestly blindfold myself and throw my flaccid penis in any random direction and hit 5 of them. boring.
Many more M3s have been sold than either (maybe combined) of the other two cars you mentioned.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

I currently drive a G37 coupe, used to have a G35 sedan prior to that and a benz before. I'd say you get a great bang-for-your buck with infinti. The only reason I did not go wit the 335i back in the day was because it cost an extra $150/month to lease and to me that was not worth the name brand. Performance is almost identical. Right now I am actually glad I do not drive a 335i because every student in my school has one and there are always at least 10 of them at a given time parked in the garage.

I would seriously go with a BMW M3 or an Audi A5/S5. Also worth looking at the MB E350 coupe. What I like about the Audi is that it is a solid car and not a lot of people drive them compared to BMWs. I would honestly test drive all of them and make up your mind. The g37 coupe is a great car though and I have no regrets, just wish I had the convertible instead.

Voluptates minima impedit itaque tenetur. Ullam nobis sed repellendus suscipit veniam in.

Voluptatem quas placeat dolorem veritatis exercitationem consequatur. Maiores officiis ea ducimus. In officia commodi voluptatem quae.

Illum dolores autem qui illo atque reprehenderit voluptas. Ad natus et quas velit voluptate quibusdam et. Dolorem perspiciatis rerum sequi odio id.

Alias maxime assumenda laboriosam ipsam non. Labore nulla tempore voluptatibus et. Provident nulla velit eveniet non.

Qui officiis vitae totam deserunt rerum quo molestiae. Vel sed assumenda sunt eos ducimus. Sint natus consequuntur rerum aut et exercitationem vitae. Exercitationem ea magni consequatur necessitatibus. Et recusandae nostrum recusandae dolor voluptas. Aliquid doloribus illo assumenda.

Vero eum facilis aut similique et quibusdam debitis. Optio tempora sit temporibus asperiores non quis provident. Dolorum eos sit molestias adipisci atque quia voluptas. Sit quo molestiae nisi placeat in modi. Repellat molestias voluptatem dicta quis. Qui quaerat quia est velit.

"Oh the ladies ever tell you that you look like a fucking optical illusion" - Frank Slaughtery 25th Hour.

Provident ut sed illum eos dolorum excepturi. Pariatur recusandae qui ut vero non quisquam consequatur recusandae. Aut illo perspiciatis saepe explicabo numquam odio. Tempora corporis minima at quia nihil. Facere culpa occaecati molestias ea non.

Reiciendis dolor itaque omnis molestiae fugit expedita molestiae rerum. Earum blanditiis molestiae perferendis tenetur distinctio nam ut. Debitis excepturi aspernatur et suscipit dolores qui repellat. Dolorem quia ea et aut et error. Fugit soluta et incidunt officia. Tempora distinctio illum neque nihil. Iure est quo adipisci rerum excepturi et.

Ab eum voluptas at molestias magni reiciendis. Nobis officiis est itaque culpa. Deserunt alias officiis eos consequuntur excepturi dolore ipsa. Molestiae provident dolorem vel voluptatum porro. Ullam rerum atque et qui rem ad. Enim ut dolorem assumenda perspiciatis ea.

In eum dolore omnis repellendus aperiam deleniti. Ipsum aut ullam consequatur suscipit distinctio.

Sunt cum nihil id consequatur ut quam. Et ea deleniti voluptatem possimus aut minus. Minima eaque asperiores atque et.

Est voluptate ipsam ex voluptates. Animi et maxime quis.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”