Associate role with BIG 3 CRA vs Senior Financial Analyst with F500

Hi, I have recently completed MBA and have two full time offers. The role in BIG3 entails credit ratings and with F500, its primarily focused on forecasting and budgeting. In terms of long term growth and career progression, which role presents better opportunity.
Thanks in advance

Hi Kellykk, any of these threads helpful:

• Are Fortune 500 Finance Analyst Programs still hiring? where. Looking at Fortune 500 but since I applied to everything on OCR at my college, I know F500 do not ... them to help me. Question is are F500 finance still looking to hire? I would think some are still but ... Basically no front office positions being recruited for seniors but a few for juniors. Did a investment ...
  • The Path To Becoming a Fortune 500 CEO Fortune 500 CEOs with strong financial backgrounds underlines the importance of developing financial ... Fortune 500 CEOs. Here's some of what the study discovered: Develop Financial Acumen About 30 percent ... big company CEO population. The prevalence of CEOs with a strong financial background points t
  • ALDI Internship vs. Fortune 500 Internship ALDI for their District Manager internship. The F500 offers are all your typical financial analyst ... investment banks when I apply for an internship my Junior year. Am I better off just taking one of the F500 ... any banking internship interviews this fall. However, I do have offers from a few Fortune 500 ...
  • Networking into Fortune 500 from Consulting immediately went to work as a financial analyst for a small consulting firm. Our largest client is a Fortune ... a finance role? Concerns: He is close with my boss. Pros: He is in a well-respected position and has likely ... advice anyone can give me. Networking consulting Fortune 500 ...
  • how does a fortune 500 finance internship look I have a financial Co op, which is six months and a lot of responsibility, for one of the top fortune 500 ... I was wondering how something like this would look on a resume for summer analyst recruiting. ... of getting a first round with this as the lead off on my resume? your opinions would be greatly ...
  • Which F500 Entry Level Job to Take? this one is not an FLDP, just a regular financial analyst position. The policy at this company is that ... I am currently trying to decide between two different fortune 500 offers currently, and I am ... finance executives and have a potential faster track towards senior/management roles. Lockheed-Martin: ...
  • MBB->???-> CEO Fortune 500 management role in a F500 company. It seems that in order to do that you need to go from MBB to some type of ... operational role at an F500 but I haven't seen that happen very often/ever. So, what is the best path to ... 'consultants') or start-ups. However, of these, none seem to be great experience for eventually landing a senior ...
  • More suggestions...

Any pros willing to rescue this discussion? bwood14 wdbrady92 Hawkeye 79

If those topics were completely useless, don't blame me, blame my programmers...

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Consequatur velit exercitationem et quisquam. Aut soluta impedit sunt vel sunt dicta. Non cumque quibusdam maiores ipsa vitae. Et quo maiores non modi molestias itaque qui. Saepe et molestiae autem ea.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”