(This does pertain to AU but sort of a question to non-finance in general moving to IB)
I've taken a look through the forums, and for non finance graduates (Medical) and I'm hoping for a career change into IB. I've done a bit of research and the path I've looked at taking is a Full-time MBA, but without any real background I don't think grades or the university I go to will have a HUGE effect, however something I considered regardless.
I'm wondering what would be best beyond my game plan of:
- Cold call, hustle and try to get an intern during my MBA
- Get at least minimum CFA 1 during this time.
- I gathered it's competitive to get a job at any reputable bank when I'm simply starting an MBA
Is there anything I can do before starting my MBA, or any advice during? I'm hoping to move into a firm which will allow for me to transfer internationally. Although I am aware that I may have to stay in AU and get as much hours and experience as possible, if I am offered a job.
Would love your help!
Investment Banking Interview Course
- 7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
- Technical, behavioral, networking, case videos, templates. All included.
- Most comprehensive IB interview course in the world.