I'm in the middle of a crossroads and have to make a significant difficult decision.
I'll put you in context, I've been working in a B4 IT Risk advisory (think regulatory risk adaptation) role for about 1 year. Some time ago I was contacted by for a Knowledge Analyst role, and this week I was notice they want to issue me an offer. After given it a little thought I came with a list of pros and cons:
B4 risk Pros:
- It is consulting after all, client facing that probably I would not have at BCG
- I've been involved in some process transformation pitches, and there are some likelihood I would end up doing some more MC related type of work.
B4 risk cons:
- The type of work is kind of boring
- Chances at a good BS in Europe or US (I'm in a western european B4 branch)
- Seriuosly is BCG
- Higher chances at BS?
- A bit most exciting kind of work than in B4
- Chances to transfer to an associate role? (I do not know how much exposure to clients would I get)
- Not client team, , supporting consultants.
- Exit Ops?
They told me that I would have some stints of client facing with case teams, but in a more supportive role, seriously guys, do you think there is any chance to make it extremely well and transfer internally to an associate role?