Badass 2021 Vacation Ideas

Let's face it, Nobody's going to have a good vacation this summer, unless the plan is just to go up to a lake house and social distance. With two years worth of vacation cash saved up, I want to know what people think would be a great idea for a summer vacation for 2021, given the extra cash. I don't want to ruin this with my opinion at the start, but it involves a short hike in Africa.

Ok, since this isn't getting a lot of responses, I'll say what my crazy 2021 vacation idea is. I'm thinking of "climbing" Kilimanjaro. Supposedly it's just a strenuous three day hike to the summit, and it's the best bragging rights vacation ever. Much cooler than Monaco, and less pretentious than Everest, while simultaneously being more exotic.

The only difference between Asset Management and Investment Research is assets. I generally see somebody I know on TV on Bloomberg/CNBC etc. once or twice a week. This sounds cool, until I remind myself that I see somebody I know on ESPN five days a week.

Skip Kilimanjaro, its just a mountain.

Go to South Luangwa and do a walking safari in the Nsefu sector. Guide will walk you through the bush along the river banks, tons of lions/leopards. Real African experience.

FYI - start booking now for 2021. Everyone who had booked for 2020 obviously had to cancel, so most reservations were just pushed to 2021 since refunds weren't offered..

This one hits hard. I should be midway through my two week London/Barcelona trip at the moment.

Definitely want to rebook that but I also want to get a Australia/New Zealand trip on the books.

I don't need to do anything wild, really. Good food, good wine, and good beaches in cool areas for longer periods of time take the cake for me.

Commercial Real Estate Developer

Most Helpful

I have a few trips planned and then some on the wish list. Below are things I would recommend:

African safari (singita they have many locations) Chile and argentina (Patagonia - a few top notch resorts here, awasi, Tierra Patagonia) European wine area (France to italy) - also make sure to get delicious food (and truffles if a fan) Japan followed by Vietnam, Thailand or similar - if you a have the funds (lots and lots of money) go with the grandest tour through Aman (on the aman jet) Nordic area for northern lights (some really cool hotels in that area)

Have a bunch of details on the hotels and restaurants too.

Investment Manager in <span class=keyword_link><a href=/finance-dictionary/what-is-a-hedge-fund-HF rel=nofollow><abbr title=hedge fund>HF</abbr></a></span> - Other:
Nordic area for northern lights (some really cool hotels in that area)
What time of the year do you recommend going? I assume total darkness around January is best for northern lights. But I'm not sure I'm cut out for that.
Array

Would like to go snowboarding in Japan, and the African safari talk seems really cool.

I would recommend the Norway in a Nutshell tour (google it). Did it solo a couple years ago and it was absoulvey breathtaking. Trains and ferrys through the mountains and fjords of Norway...

Ab aperiam ad unde et id et sed dolor. Porro quaerat ex amet ad et veritatis quo. Ex est atque laborum quia nisi similique. Tempore pariatur qui facilis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”