Baffling - A French Toast Recipe on Yahoo Gets 1,300 Comments

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/best-french-toast-youll-ever-20060088…

More evidence that internet comments are the lowest form of discourse. I know this is random and about as unrelated to finance as it gets, but I found this too funny and absurd not to share. Somehow a French Toast recipe ends up with 1,300 comments, many of which are vitriolic or, at best, inane.

The level of stupidity is simply staggering.

Region

TNA:
I prefer Freedom Toast...

I'm sure if I dug deep enough into the comments, I'd find someone who agreed with you.

Btw, considering something like this exists, and that it is more or less the norm for the web, what hope do we actually have of a balanced budget and debt reduction? Let alone coherent social policies.

Best Response
TheKing:
TNA:
I prefer Freedom Toast...

I'm sure if I dug deep enough into the comments, I'd find someone who agreed with you.

Btw, considering something like this exists, and that it is more or less the norm for the web, what hope do we actually have of a balanced budget and debt reduction? Let alone coherent social policies.

Less than 1/3rd of this country has a bachelors degree and that isn't factoring in all the people who 1) went to online schools 2) studied basket weaving and 3) who got horrible grades. Excluding these people you probably have a quarter of the country with a basic education.

People are just dumb. No one reads anymore, looks into things, analyzes things. People are entirely driven by main stream media which is total trash. I mean god, people are getting into an argument about French Toast for god sake.

Future is pretty bleak dude. These people are the ones shitting out kids like a gumball machine.

I agree that internet comments are the lowest form of discourse, but they are also the greatest form of entertainment these days. Part of my after work entertainment is watching youtube videos but more importantly reading the most liked comments below it. That shit is pure comedy sometimes.

Unforseen:
I agree that internet comments are the lowest form of discourse, but they are also the greatest form of entertainment these days. Part of my after work entertainment is watching youtube videos but more importantly reading the most liked comments below it. That shit is pure comedy sometimes.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. I used to send around a comment of the day email with friends over some of the shit that's out there.

That said, I'm still fairly blown away considering what the actual post is about. Doesn't include politics or religion, and still ginned up insanity.

TheKing:
Unforseen:

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. I used to send around a comment of the day email with friends over some of the shit that's out there.

That said, I'm still fairly blown away considering what the actual post is about. Doesn't include politics or religion, and still ginned up insanity.

I was going to comment that I'd be very surprised if the french toast recipe didn't somehow turn into an Obama debate or something. Even the most ridiculous YouTube videos end up in a political debate somehow... I think I even saw a LolCats picture turn into an argument on abortion before.

I hate victims who respect their executioners

BlackHat -

Per one of your earlier comments, this shit does happen on here, too. That thread with the dude complaining that his "super liberal" friends shit on him for working in finance had a poster who was complaining about abortion. Makes no sense. Once something gets popular enough, the crazies come rolling in.

TheKing:
BlackHat -

Per one of your earlier comments, this shit does happen on here, too. That thread with the dude complaining that his "super liberal" friends shit on him for working in finance had a poster who was complaining about abortion. Makes no sense. Once something gets popular enough, the crazies come rolling in.

Haha yeah that's what I was alluding to. I was amazed we found a way to get to abortion from there. If we can get to capital punishment from the EPIC COVER LETTER thread I won't be surprised.

I hate victims who respect their executioners

Quod sit veniam delectus rerum. Temporibus est recusandae nulla.

Nihil ut qui expedita sed exercitationem nobis. Inventore ex veniam ut. Est amet aut eum placeat similique quae omnis. Impedit laborum voluptatum consequatur voluptatem voluptatem sit. Est quam deserunt voluptas qui nobis blanditiis velit ipsa. Alias voluptatum odio et aut.

Enim est ea laboriosam dolor. Quibusdam nihil et corrupti. Ea quisquam voluptas in voluptate sint fugit.

“Millionaires don't use astrology, billionaires do”

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”