BAML First Round Video Interview

just received a first round video interview from BAML - it's an 'on demand interview'- has anyone taken it? what should I expect?

Bank of America On Demand Video Interview

Similar to banks such as Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan, before reaching an in-person interview, candidates will complete an online interview. You will receive questions and will then have the chance to record your answers to them digitally. BofA describes the process below.

Source: https://bankcampuscareers.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/brand-7/candid…

Our users shared their experiences with the interviews below:

Wisconsin_R:
It was only behavioral questions, takes about 15 mins. I tried to prepare but there’s not really a good way to do it. None of the questions are out of any guides, all about in X situation what would you do, etc.

littlepiggyyyy:
My friend who works at baml said the senior managers are going to review the videos, unlike JPM or other hirevues.

It is important to note that as @littlepiggyyyy" mentioned, professionals review these videos rather than HR / AI that scans for certain traits.

BofA Online Video Interview Tips

Before completing the interview make sure that you have thoroughly practiced behavioral questions such as:

• Why BofA?
  • Why "division of interest?"
  • Why finance?
  • Tell me about a time your worked in a team.
  • Tell me about a time you had to juggle multiple priorities.

Also check out some tips about performing well in video interviews:

• Make sure to be dressed in business professional (regardless of what the invitation says)
  • Before starting the interview - make sure to practice videotaping yourself talking to the camera
  • Record your interview on a computer – not a phone
  • Stare at the camera - not the screen
  • Make sure to sit with good posture and practice smiling

Also, check out uncommon tips for nailing digital interviews.

As digital interviews increase in popularity - review guides to the J.P. Morgan, Barclays, BlackRock video interviews.

Read more about Bank of America Merrill Lynch on the WSO Company Database.

Decided to Pursue a Wall Street Career? Learn How to Network like a Master.

Inside the WSO Finance networking guide, you'll get a comprehensive, all-inclusive roadmap for maximizing your networking efforts (and minimizing embarrassing blunders). This info-rich book is packed with 71 pages of detailed strategies to help you get the most of your networking, including cold emailing templates, questions to ask in interviews, and action steps for success in navigating the Wall Street networking process.

Networking Guide

"Congratulations! After reviewing your application, we are pleased to invite you to submit a first round on demand video interview for the Bank of America Global Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program - 2018. Please login to the Application Center to begin your video interview and complete it no later than September 18, 2017.

*Please note this is for our Palo Alto Office.

To help you prepare and avoid technical issues, please read the details below. Also, ensure you record your video interview in a quiet environment, free of distractions."

I applied for IB, capital markets (charlotte) and Research and was chosen for a 1 day event about research in NYC recently but today I got the interview invite for IB and Public Sector Credit (didn't apply for that) and a recruiter called me to say she thought I would be a good fit for public sector credit so she gave me a first round and you can only interview for 2 lines of busienss so I wasn't eligible for Research anymore.

I'm thinking I'll do the public sector credit interview first and home they're the same questions

Had mine for Securitized products in NYC thursday. Anyone know how long it takes to hear back? Also, would networking do any good at this point? I didn't network with this group at all, and I think I have a connection, but I'm not sure it would be best to pull on that string quite yet.

Edit: Also, stats: 3.6 GPA, target, experience in CMBS

University of Chicago

I was emailed by an associate in IB from Charlotte to schedule a one-on-one interview. I just had that today, it wasn't too easy, a good amount of technicals. Waiting to hear back about superday.

Voluptatem aspernatur exercitationem aliquid alias sit a vero. Voluptas labore porro magnam saepe. Dolorem eaque dolores fugiat expedita rerum. Aut amet nemo nesciunt.

Earum odio ut quos rerum non et voluptas blanditiis. Eligendi impedit magnam aperiam dolor quo. Rerum et autem numquam.

Architecto rem similique quis voluptates. Illum ut beatae sed officia. Beatae rerum aliquid tempora doloribus dicta accusamus quia. Et quo dolorem sint omnis alias.

Omnis in temporibus rerum omnis facilis. Accusantium autem omnis libero optio reiciendis aliquam. Repellat iusto et doloribus fugit eos velit eum quaerat. At unde quos consectetur assumenda dolorem sit est fuga. Quos atque aut nemo dignissimos.

Sequi magni reprehenderit ipsa qui. Nesciunt aliquam ut eius et. Quia iure itaque delectus quas voluptatibus. Perferendis voluptas dignissimos est quam porro ea sed. Magni id labore ratione maxime temporibus molestias doloribus. Aut repellat blanditiis molestiae.

Dolorum est quasi voluptate in ducimus quia sed dicta. Et impedit quia quo aliquam et temporibus. Et magnam nam excepturi quis. Magnam omnis cum asperiores aperiam. Est vel beatae ratione non ratione.

Eum minima similique dolore magni ipsa expedita incidunt aut. Id eum omnis quos est animi rerum quasi. Aut dolorem necessitatibus corporis ut sunt perspiciatis optio. Amet molestiae neque sint dolor.

Carl Van Loon Van Loon & Associates

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”